Patrick Shegog-#11

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Post Reply
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:20 pm

A QB from Mississippi has committed:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... atric.html


Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
AugWave
Swell
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: ATL via New Orleans
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:11 pm

His tape looks good. Better than some of the other QB's I've seen in this year's QB class...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3828
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Offers from Army and Navy so he should be solid on the academic/citizenship side. I like his tape too.
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Welcome Mr. Shegog! Having spent 3.5 years in Memphis, I can tell you that South Panola has a powerhouse football program in Mississippi (right near Oxford).

Mr. Shegog is listed at 6'0, 170 lbs.

I haven't had time to look at his tape, but here's his hudl:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5289211/patrick-shegog

I can't find his 24/7 page, nor Scout, nor Rivals, nor ESPN, but I did find some Mississippi High School football talk about Mr. Shegog

http://scout.com/high-school/mississipp ... n-54698144

Here's an article about his team in 2016

http://www.sesportsinsider.com/single-p ... ly-In-2016

With Mr. Shegog, he is the second QB or could be the first one in light of Mr. Amare Jones playing RB. More information to come once I dig some more. Roll DAMN WAVE
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:37 pm

This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
Zombie with the optimistic outlook again... :lol:
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 pm

He won this pre-season accolade:
The other kids are all ranked medium to high 3 stars on 247. 3 commited to Miss St. 1 to Notre Dame. And the last one picking between Louisville and Miss St.

Looks like Fritz truly might've found a diamond in the rough. Hope we can hold him.
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 785
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:45 pm

University of South Panola gets over 10-12k for some of their rivalry games. Can we get this kid to sign something like right now?!!
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:55 am

And he hits the hole on QB draws!
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Dupergreenie wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
not at navy necessarily. I qb target for them should be a good target for fritzs offense. And I agree. Good pocket presence. Looks decisive and aware .
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:27 pm

galvezwave wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
not at navy necessarily. I qb target for them should be a good target for fritzs offense. And I agree. Good pocket presence. Looks decisive and aware .
I didn't mean schools like navy/army. My mistake. I was referring to schools like Tulsa UCF and what not.
galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Dupergreenie wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:This guy is exactly the type of QB that Tulane has a good shot at actually signing.
This would be a player that would probably be asked to change position at other schools but will get a legit shot at qb here. I liked how he stayed in the pocket as defenders were in his face.
not at navy necessarily. I qb target for them should be a good target for fritzs offense. And I agree. Good pocket presence. Looks decisive and aware .
I didn't mean schools like navy/army. My mistake. I was referring to schools like Tulsa UCF and what not.
Oh yeah , absolutely.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:47 am

Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:05 am


Hopefully he means this sincerely. I do think one thing Fritz is doing right is identifying some of these targets early and developing the relationships. Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future.
Army, Navy and Central Arkansas were his other offers besides Tulane, which won him over on his visit to the campus two weeks ago. He said his commitment is firm even if Power Five programs begin recruiting him this fall.

“They were the first group that took a chance on me,” he said. “They showed more love than anybody else. That’s why I decided to go take a visit, and I loved everything about my visit. I like how it was a family environment, and everybody seemed cool. I wanted to be a part of that.”
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Sure would be nice if we actually hold on to this guy. These are his stats for game 1 of the season. Four TDs
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Jaxwave wrote:I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.
Hope you're wrong. But if not, he lives closer to Last Chance University than Scott does.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Jaxwave wrote:I'm afraid this will end up being another Lindsey Scott situation where some P5 will come in and make him feel he's their guy when in fact there aren't many his size playing QB in P5 football.

He did say that his commitment is firm, even if Power Five programs come recruiting him this fall. Let's see how true he is to his word. See earlier post.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:21 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Sure would be nice if we actually hold on to this guy. These are his stats for game 1 of the season. Four TDs
Here are some highlights from last night's game. Mr. Shegog has very nice touch on passing the ball. I really really really hope he stays firm and becomes a greenie.

https://twitter.com/tj_wjtv/status/898662027111145472
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Disappointed to see this. Then again, if Fritz likes the 3 star kid that just committed better, he may not want two QBs in the class, or he's still hoping to have a shot at Lindsay Scott.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7828
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Disappointed to see this. Then again, if Fritz likes the 3 star kid that just committed better, he may not want two QBs in the class, or he's still hoping to have a shot at Lindsay Scott.

It's the Left Hander's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply