Garland Lafrance

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Has committed. Another local recruit.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

About time. I had been keeping an eye on him on the 247 Tulane "Targets" section since he has had Tulane as "Warm" for the longest. Not many recruits have had Tulane as a "Warm" or better, so he stood out.
chain gang x man
Swell

Next targets have to be Kym Wimberly Jr from Holy Cross and Slade Bolden from West Monroe
JerseyWave
Riptide

This looks like a great commit from a local kid and we can only hope it isn't one of those until the P5/SEC offers come along. Isn't there a signing day in early December this year?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Great local pick-up and Mr. LaFrance looks like he could be a star in the making. I think we can put to rest the Fritz isn't going after local recruits chatter. ROLL DAMN WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Sad news, Mr. LaFrance decommitted today per twitter...

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... river_home
sader24
Tsunami

He got an offer from Texas Tech a few days ago. Knew that was coming.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This is why there is no point in getting excited about commits this early in the cycle, especially considering that many of Tulane's commits do not have big time offers. The 2017 class was the worst class in the last 11 years and it's far too soon in the 2018 recruiting cycle to claim that there has been any improvement between the 2017 and the 2018 class.

Plus, with the Big 12 invasion into Louisiana, things could get worse before they get better.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

zombie-everybody understands that. However when a team gets a commitment the fans are going to comment on what they think of them fully realizing they haven't signed yet.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tough loss. Once we beat OU he'll come back in the fold. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Tough loss. Once we beat OU he'll come back in the fold. :mrgreen:
I guess the allure of lovely Lubbock was too much !!!!...U would think the young man at Tulane who came from Tx Tech, would tell him something...besides...anything less that 8 wins and ole, Kliff "special K' Kingsbury will be gone...and I do no see Tech winning 8 games
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
sader24
Tsunami

Kingsbury is living on borrowed time. Kid may think since he got the offer more P5 offers are coming. It's hard to get excited about recruiting these days until the last 2 weeks bc none of these commits means anything until they are signed. The only takeaway I have gotten from recruiting this year is the new staff has made inroads into the state and has been targeting and getting attention from quality recruits which is a positive development.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Tough loss. Once we beat OU he'll come back in the fold. :mrgreen:
I guess the allure of lovely Lubbock was too much !!!!...U would think the young man at Tulane who came from Tx Tech, would tell him something...besides...anything less that 8 wins and ole, Kliff "special K' Kingsbury will be gone...and I do no see Tech winning 8 games
Or maybe he should just talk to Corey Dauphine and why he transferred from Tech to Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:Kingsbury is living on borrowed time. Kid may think since he got the offer more P5 offers are coming. It's hard to get excited about recruiting these days until the last 2 weeks bc none of these commits means anything until they are signed. The only takeaway I have gotten from recruiting this year is the new staff has made inroads into the state and has been targeting and getting attention from quality recruits which is a positive development.
+1 And he's going after higher rated prospects in and out of state.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Or maybe he should just talk to Corey Dauphine and why he transferred from Tech to Tulane.
I think that's who he was referring to.... "the young man at Tulane who came from Tx Tech...."
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
waveclem
Surge

His brother, Giovanni LaFrance did the same thing a couple years back. He was committed to us before receiving higher caliber P5 offers. Ended up signing with Arkansas I believe. I personally believe Tulane should stop recruiting this kid and find some other bigger bodied running backs. Seems like lately all we've been getting is the smaller scat backs.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

waveclem wrote:His brother, Giovanni LaFrance did the same thing a couple years back. He was committed to us before receiving higher caliber P5 offers. Ended up signing with Arkansas I believe. I personally believe Tulane should stop recruiting this kid and find some other bigger bodied running backs. Seems like lately all we've been getting is the smaller scat backs.
From a roster stand point, running back is not a great position of need especially with the possibility that Mr. Jones was primarily recruited to play RB. With Bradwell switching to full time RB, we are going to have plenty of RBs and losing Mr. LaFrance sucks, but isn't extremely detrimental. Hopefully this doesn't start a chain reaction where we lose his teammate Mr. Monjarres who plays a position of great need next year.
AugWave
Swell

I'm tired of high school recruits saying sxxt like "No interviews, please." They need to humble themselves a bit.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
DrBox
Riptide

Hardly a big loss. We have other, and better, backs on the radar anyway. If we don't lose a few, we aren't recruiting high enough.

Good to see you back, Aug.
lurker123
Swell

I'm glad Fritz is hitting N.O. area and especially Catholic League hard. For the locals in N.O., it's fun to see pipeline develop from players we're already aware of before college. LaFrance should go where he wants to and with him it may not be over until Feb 2018. As others have noted, Fritz does not seem to let this stuff distract him. If the offense does start clicking in 2017 as we hope and some of the current backs start putting up some gaudy rushing numbers, we will see interest from other potential recruits of LaFrance's caliber and with luck better.

Now if we can just get some more Catholic League offensive linemen.....
AugWave
Swell

DrBox wrote:Hardly a big loss. We have other, and better, backs on the radar anyway. If we don't lose a few, we aren't recruiting high enough.

I've been lurking, but I felt my expert analysis and commentary was missed. :mrgreen:

Plus, I'm tired of all the political talk on social media ... Just people crying all day.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
AugWave
Swell

DrBox wrote:Hardly a big loss. We have other, and better, backs on the radar anyway. If we don't lose a few, we aren't recruiting high enough.

I've been lurking, but I felt my expert analysis and commentary was missed. :mrgreen:

Plus, I'm tired of all the political talk on social media ... Just people crying all day.
Ruski
Swell

Another confirmation of the p5 bias, Lafrance's 247 composite went up about a point and a half since rescinding his commitment.