Steve Lewerenz commits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

beat out such powerhouses like Liberty and Stetson
JerseyWave
Riptide

That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.
ajcalhoun
Swell

msdos wrote:beat out such powerhouses like Liberty and Stetson
And Stetson offered twice!
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.
In the court of public opinion, which means NOTHING, he may indeed be failing. But let's see if the kids he brings in can play. CJ had his class of "big thumpers" for the OL. They stunk and continue to stink. Who cares if the ratings services or other colleges want the young men? I care about if they can play the game. BLOCK SOMEBODY! Something our O-Line has been challenged to do for a long time now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:That list of offers is deeply concerning. Fritz gets a failing grade in recruiting at Tulane so far.
In the court of public opinion, which means NOTHING, he may indeed be failing. But let's see if the kids he brings in can play. CJ had his class of "big thumpers" for the OL. They stunk and continue to stink. Who cares if the ratings services or other colleges want the young men? I care about if they can play the game. BLOCK SOMEBODY! Something our O-Line has been challenged to do for a long time now.
Yep...So Miss used that method with pretty good success..recruit to your scheme, and to hell what others think
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.
Didn't he originally commit to Tulane? Or did he have another brother that I'm confusing (or am I just confused?)
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
wave97 wrote:UTSA signed Tanzel's Brother Keeyon. That young man can play, I wish him nothing but success.
Didn't he originally commit to Tulane? Or did he have another brother that I'm confusing (or am I just confused?)
You are correct. He did not return for spring drills after CJ was replaced with Fritz in 2016. It also seems that he may have also had eligibility issues.

http://247sports.com/Player/Keeyon-Smar ... ion=150457
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 41820.html
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!
I think we misunderstood what CJ said, we heard "Big Thumpers"....he actually said "Big Blubbers"...
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Exactly!
I think we misunderstood what CJ said, we heard "Big Thumpers"....he actually said "Big Blubbers"...
Ha exactly Golf. Anyone who watched any of our games last season saw that our o-line looked slow and out of shape compared to our competition. The supposed road graders we were supposed to have under CJ turned out to be road kill.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Yep...So Miss used that method with pretty good success..recruit to your scheme, and to hell what others think
So did Bill Yeoman at UH. He recruited players (primarily from east Texas) that nobody wanted or had even heard of--but they could sure run Yeoman's Veer offense.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
So did Bill Yeoman at UH. He recruited players (primarily from east Texas) that nobody wanted or had even heard of--but they could sure run Yeoman's Veer offense.
U are correct sir...my cousin played for Yeoman, went there as a QB but played DB back in the day....I may be incorrect, but when UH was admitted into the SWC, the SWC ruled they could not be eligible for the Football Championship their first year, if I remember UH went undefeated that first season in conference play...I also think they won 3 of the first 4 SWC titles they were eligible for..not bad for not recruiting "name" players
wave97
Swell

In Coach Fritz, Coach Ruse & Coach Atkins I trust. The value of the scheme element in the r/o spread has waned particularly if you do not have a remarkably well-suited QB (Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton, Shaun King), nothing else seems to matter.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
U are correct sir...my cousin played for Yeoman, went there as a QB but played DB back in the day....I may be incorrect, but when UH was admitted into the SWC, the SWC ruled they could not be eligible for the Football Championship their first year, if I remember UH went undefeated that first season in conference play...I also think they won 3 of the first 4 SWC titles they were eligible for..not bad for not recruiting "name" players
That lasted for a decade, or so, like the r/o spread & Rich Rod's ascension. Everything gets caught up with. Talent & execution seems to never go out of style.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax
I hear you loudly & clearly! In spite of all demographic data, the inclusion of a bunch of overly repressed Baptists in Waco somehow prevailed?
BC Wave
Swell

Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp
wave97
Swell

BC Wave wrote:Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp
Steve & Edie don't do it for ya?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:but for a misguided Texas GuvNuh, UH would be in the Big 12...but she insisted her alma mater Baylor be included, so that dumped UH...all things being equal, UH was still in the mix, but Tx Tech made more geographical sense for Colorado and Iowa State and in some small way OU and OSU...so UH got the ax
I hear you loudly & clearly! In spite of all demographic data, the inclusion of a bunch of overly repressed Baptists in Waco somehow prevailed?
and I forgot about Nebraska, with Iowa State and Colorado
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BC Wave wrote:Just wait when his P-I-L, Edie Germet enters camp
What the heck is a P-I-L?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Geography may have helped TT, at UH's expense, but TT primarily got in the mix because the then Texas Speaker of the House, Gib Lewis, was a TT alum, and he did the same thing that Gov. Ma Richardson did for Baylor--it was all politics. Not only did UH get hosed, but so did SMU who had dominated those teams throughout the 80's.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
Geography may have helped TT, at UH's expense, but TT primarily got in the mix because the then Texas Speaker of the House, Gib Lewis, was a TT alum, and he did the same thing that Gov. Ma Richardson did for Baylor--it was all politics. Not only did UH get hosed, but so did SMU who had dominated those teams throughout the 80's.
You mean those SMU teams right before the death penalty? Yes, those were some great teams, they had a higher payroll than many of the NFL teams. Eric Dickerson asked to get traded from the Rams because he made more money in college!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
You mean those SMU teams right before the death penalty? Yes, those were some great teams, they had a higher payroll than many of the NFL teams. Eric Dickerson asked to get traded from the Rams because he made more money in college!
Many of the teams in question had payrolls, as do most of the football factories around the country--then and now. NCAA has acknowledged that they made a huge mistake slapping the death penalty on SMU. There has since been several more egregious violations, but the NCAA will not repeat the mistake it made with SMU.