winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Jake's interview for La Tech
http://www.myarklamiss.com/sports/la-te ... ll-opening
That's when the job was open in 2014.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
Right. That's the only time I've ever seen a Tulane guy mentioned with La Tech baseball.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:Riser did go for the La. Tech job last year. That is from a very inside source at SELA. Just to be clear from the beginning all I wanted was a national search. Many felt the same way. All the names that surfaced including Walter were qualified. In time we'll see how it plays out. I hope they all succeed.
According to this, you are all wrong:

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports ... /86860168/
His name isn't in the article but he did apply. Like I said that is from an impeccable source at SELA's athletic department.
Even after last year, his resume blows away the rest of the applicants. Seems to me he pulled his name from the running. LA TEch hired a guy who went 113-113 at Northwestern State (no NCAA tourneys), you telling me Tech passed on Riser after going 119-61 with 2 NCAA tourneys?
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:Riser did go for the La. Tech job last year. That is from a very inside source at SELA. Just to be clear from the beginning all I wanted was a national search. Many felt the same way. All the names that surfaced including Walter were qualified. In time we'll see how it plays out. I hope they all succeed.

His name isn't in the article but he did apply. Like I said that is from an impeccable source at SELA's athletic department.
Even after last year, his resume blows away the rest of the applicants. Seems to me he pulled his name from the running. LA TEch hired a guy who went 113-113 at Northwestern State (no NCAA tourneys), you telling me Tech passed on Riser after going 119-61 with 2 NCAA tourneys?
Doesn't add up. Essentially no reports on the entire internet of Matt Riser showing interest in that job.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

He applied. I can assure you that. He may have pulled it at some point but he got in the mix. Why La.Tech did what they did I can't tell you.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
Right. That's the only time I've ever seen a Tulane guy mentioned with La Tech baseball.
Your initial post made it seem like you were saying he was the one who applied last year.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote:in all honesty, i wouldnt want this baseball job as it sits right now. your hands are tied behind your back and you cant compete with other unviersity offers. That has to be fixed. Does anyone on this board really not know anyone at the top to get this fixed and put a end to this no stacking issue?

What have they said about it? is it getting fixed or in the process of getting fixed? Has someone asked Troy Dannen about timeline of when its going to get fixed and what he's doing to fix it? Results will not change in baseball until that happens.....we keep waiting and waiting every year, hoping and praying that one year we will be back and on our way to CWS again. It isn't going to happen until the underlying issue is solved....period. The sooner someone get something fixed on that front the better.
Jake Gautreau managed to put together a great recruiting class despite these problems.

But I agree that it needs to be fixed. Lets all call/email Dannen and see what is going on with stacking.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Some facts about Riser. He coaches at a double directional school. He does more with less than probably any other coach in the country. Prior to him becoming head coach SELA hadn't made a regional in 20 years. Two years before he became HC he was Jay Artigues recruiting coordinator. So these are all his guys. He's now taken SELA to a regional in 3 out of his 4 years as being a HC.(2014,16 and 17) and they were 41-15 in 2015 and got robbed out of that bid. Artigues didn't do it once in all his years there. Matt will get a big time job very soon. Take that to the bank.
Here's the info. on Artigues:

http://www.lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=23

Just as easily as you said that Matt should have made it to the post season last year there were at least 4 years where they should have under Artigues. He built it up and put them on the map. He did such a good job that he got promoted to the AD post. Riser played at Tulane for 2 years and coached there one. He coached for 6 years under Artigues and thus clearly comes from the Artigues coaching tree. Let's give credit where it due. Matt is a good coach and I have said since last year that we had a good pool of candidates to pick from. He was certainly one of those good candidates. I just simply was answering why someone might choose someone other than him. All candidates have many pluses but there are some things on the other side of the ledger for each. All should be pointed out in the discussion. In Matt's case his age to this point has probably been his bigest drawback. Not saying it should be but just saying that might be a reason he wasn't selected here or elsewhere.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Some facts about Riser. He coaches at a double directional school. He does more with less than probably any other coach in the country. Prior to him becoming head coach SELA hadn't made a regional in 20 years. Two years before he became HC he was Jay Artigues recruiting coordinator. So these are all his guys. He's now taken SELA to a regional in 3 out of his 4 years as being a HC.(2014,16 and 17) and they were 41-15 in 2015 and got robbed out of that bid. Artigues didn't do it once in all his years there. Matt will get a big time job very soon. Take that to the bank.
Here's the info. on Artigues:

http://www.lionsports.net/staff.aspx?staff=23

Just as easily as you said that Matt should have made it to the post season last year there were at least 4 years where they should have under Artigues. He built it up and put them on the map. He did such a good job that he got promoted to the AD post. Riser played at Tulane for 2 years and coached there one. He coached for 6 years under Artigues and thus clearly comes from the Artigues coaching tree. Let's give credit where it due. Matt is a good coach and I have said since last year that we had a good pool of candidates to pick from. He was certainly one of those good candidates. I just simply was answering why someone might choose someone other than him. All candidates have many pluses but there are some things on the other side of the ledger for each. All should be pointed out in the discussion. In Matt's case his age to this point has probably been his bigest drawback. Not saying it should be but just saying that might be a reason he wasn't selected here or elsewhere.
Facts: Matt made the NCAA's 3 times in 4 years. Artigues 0 for 8. Matt played for Rick Jones and played in the CWS under RJ. Also given his first coaching job by Jones. He's under the Jones tree. Your tree starts with your first coaching job. Hence the term "tree". Riser is a branch from the Jones tree. He gave him his first coaching opportunity.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Artigues built the program up and had it in the conversation. Won La. coach of the year over Manieri, Robicheaux,Jones and all others. Had the local media really covering the program for the first time. Matt coached six years under Artigues. So no question whose coaching tree he's from. Ask him who his mentor is and without hesitation he will say Artigues. It's a joke to try and claim otherwise.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Artigues built the program up and had it in the conversation. Won La. coach of the year over Manieri, Robicheaux,Jones and all others. Had the local media really covering the program for the first time. Matt coached six years under Artigues. So no question whose coaching tree he's from. Ask him who his mentor is and without hesitation he will say Artigues. It's a joke to try and claim otherwise.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He could coach 60 years under Artigues he's still under the Jones tree. Artigues could be his mentor doesn't change the fact that he's still under the Jones tree.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. Not even close. Ask him. Sean Payton coached under many coaches in college and the NFL before he got with Parcells. He is always said to be from the Parcells tree.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
chain gang x man
Swell

Another Artiques had a good road trip
Jonathan Artigues went 5 for 14 .357 on a recent 4 game road trip to Texas for the Cane Cutters
https://twitter.com/canecuttersbb/statu ... 3375881216