Summer Football Camp with Michigan & Tulane, June 9th

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

The Maize and Blue are coming down to hold camp with our mean Greenies on June 9th! Location and time tbd. Best quote in the article, "a source stated that Tulane reached out to LSU for a joint venture this summer, but the Bayou Bengals declined the opportunity." .. LSWHO? :mrgreen:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... st_jo.html

winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This was reported days ago by Golfnut in another thread. Mods should merge this into that, or delete this thread entirely.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

We once recruited good players out of Michigan under Coach Smith. Rodney Holman & Darryl Tipton to name two. Today, we're reduced to putting on the make-up and grabbing our ankles for the leftovers.
ajcalhoun
Swell

wave97 wrote:We once recruited good players out of Michigan under Coach Smith. Rodney Holman & Darryl Tipton to name two.
I don't think this is about us getting players out of Michigan.
wave97 wrote: Today, we're reduced to putting on the make-up and grabbing our ankles for the leftovers.
And that's for the Louisiana kids.
God Bless Everyone!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
wave97 wrote:We once recruited good players out of Michigan under Coach Smith. Rodney Holman & Darryl Tipton to name two.
wave97 wrote: Today, we're reduced to putting on the make-up and grabbing our ankles for the leftovers.
That's for 2* Louisiana kids.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:The Maize and Blue are coming down to hold camp with our mean Greenies on June 9th! Location and time tbd. Best quote in the article, "a source stated that Tulane reached out to LSU for a joint venture this summer, but the Bayou Bengals declined the opportunity." .. LSWHO? :mrgreen:

I knew there was another thread started earlier about this. I also think it was discussed within a thread not directly related to these camps.

I really don't think this is a "Satellite Camp" as others have called it. As I understand it, this is not a camp where Michigan players will practice with Tulane players, but, rather, HS Players hoping to get noticed by Michigan and Tulane coaches, and hoping to improve will come. The coaching staffs of both Michigan and Tulane will run the camp. Michigan might go after the 4 star players, but we'll do well going after those that Harbaugh isn't interested in.

Example (hypothetical): If they have 8 LB's on the roster, 5 of which have at least 3 years eligibility remaining, they might not be all that interested in a high 3 or low 4 star LB. We get a great shot at recruiting him. Fritz knows he's got a tough sell, especially within Louisiana, so he's doing his best to get local recruits on campus.
wave97
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:
You don't say? Going into someone's backyard and stealing talent had been a productive source of cherry picking that suited a small private school like Tulane during the 70's & early 80's. Today we're the cucks! Come on in and make yourself comfortable with my Wife. Is there anything else I can get you?
Last edited by wave97 on Fri May 05, 2017 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:The Maize and Blue are coming down to hold camp with our mean Greenies on June 9th! Location and time tbd. Best quote in the article, "a source stated that Tulane reached out to LSU for a joint venture this summer, but the Bayou Bengals declined the opportunity." .. LSWHO? :mrgreen:

I knew there was another thread started earlier about this. I also think it was discussed within a thread not directly related to these camps.

I really don't think this is a "Satellite Camp" as others have called it. As I understand it, this is not a camp where Michigan players will practice with Tulane players, but, rather, HS Players hoping to get noticed by Michigan and Tulane coaches, and hoping to improve will come. The coaching staffs of both Michigan and Tulane will run the camp. Michigan might go after the 4 star players, but we'll do well going after those that Harbaugh isn't interested in.

Example (hypothetical): If they have 8 LB's on the roster, 5 of which have at least 3 years eligibility remaining, they might not be all that interested in a high 3 or low 4 star LB. We get a great shot at recruiting him. Fritz knows he's got a tough sell, especially within Louisiana, so he's doing his best to get local recruits on campus.
This is a satellite camp. it's the poster child for it. No one ever said it was players from the two teams. It is of course about HS players.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

This is a satellite camp. it's the poster child for it. No one ever said it was players from the two teams. It is of course about HS players.
OK, but the satellite camps that Les Miles complained about involved Michigan bringing their players to camp in remote locations to allow recruits to visit and see practice. That's what the NCAA ruled against, and why this camp is allowed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Exactly. No one here indicated otherwise. It's just like our satellite camp last summer that included Texas A&M and that pissed Miles off too. :mrgreen:
galvezwave
Swell

winwave wrote:Exactly. No one here indicated otherwise. It's just like our satellite camp last summer that included Texas A&M and that pissed Miles off too. :mrgreen:
I'm glad we found a way to send a big F.U. up the river since we no longer can compete with them straight up. I'm all for anything that makes them hate Tulane. I don't need it anymore, but I like it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:
winwave wrote:Exactly. No one here indicated otherwise. It's just like our satellite camp last summer that included Texas A&M and that pissed Miles off too. :mrgreen:
I'm glad we found a way to send a big F.U. up the river since we no longer can compete with them straight up. I'm all for anything that makes them hate Tulane. I don't need it anymore, but I like it.

Right there w/ya brother. ROLLL WAVE ROLL !!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

OK, but the satellite camps that Les Miles complained about involved Michigan bringing their players to camp in remote locations to allow recruits to visit and see practice. That's what the NCAA ruled against, and why this camp is allowed.
IDK, Joe Alleva outright complained that the camps would essentially impact their monopoly on LA talent.

“I just think it’s a terrible idea,” Alleva said at the time. “But if we have to do it, we have to do it. Mainly what I’m concerned about is other schools coming into our state and stealing our kids.

I mean, what type of $ullshit quote is that.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

as someon posted earlier...it is about getting kids on Tulane's campus that may not ever considered Tulane, but want to be exposed to the Michigan Staff and getting to know the Coach's at Tulane...if you get one or two kids from that group it will be a success
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

IDK, Joe Alleva outright complained that the camps would essentially impact their monopoly on LA talent.

“I just think it’s a terrible idea,” Alleva said at the time. “But if we have to do it, we have to do it. Mainly what I’m concerned about is other schools coming into our state and stealing our kids.

I'll be honest, if the recruits aren't choosing Tulane, I'd rather them go to Michigan than LSWHO. :mrgreen:
kookingkajun
Low Tide

How many recruits did Michigan take from a Louisiana school in the last few years?
msdos
Swell

No matter how true it is, things like this is Tulane admitting that we are lesser-thans.

We are screaming to the P5 that we don't belong.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

msdos wrote:No matter how true it is, things like this is Tulane admitting that we are lesser-thans.

What screamed we don't belong was Fritz's first full class having one Louisiana recruit - local recruiting is one of the two big chunks of Tulane's potential value to a P5 (the other chunk is academics).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

That is what Les complained about.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

msdos wrote:No matter how true it is, things like this is Tulane admitting that we are lesser-thans.

so this is the statement about TU's lack of a P5 resume, jeez.
MicMan
Swell

Such small time, provincial attitudes on this board. The highest profile coach wants to co-op with us? Thank God! Maybe a little of that Harbaugh charisma can rub off on TU and CWF.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Count me as one with a small-time, provincial mind. I agree with winwave in that we are being cuckholded here. We're letting this "highest profile coach" come in and recruit on our campus. Talk about a beta move.
God Bless Everyone!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:Count me as one with a small-time, provincial mind. I agree with winwave in that we are being cuckholded here. We're letting this "highest profile coach" come in and recruit on our campus. Talk about a beta move.
I see your point AJ and somewhat agree with it. If we were going after the same recruits, I would feel very strongly about your post. But the truth is, we are very far from the types of kids looking at the Michigan, OSU, Bamas of the world, so why not try to get the good PR exposure and hope we can land a potential surprise recruit here and there? We can try to act like we're an Alpha, but who's going to buy it?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

kookingkajun wrote:How many recruits did Michigan take from a Louisiana school in the last few years?
And how close to the playoff did they get last year without any?

The football hotbeds of Utah, Colorado and NY had more players representing on the Michigan roster than Louisiana. SO WHAT?