Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Article mentions that Camel is teammates with high 4 star safety Kelvin Joseph, who decommitted from upriver. I looked him up and we never offered. I'd hope Fritz would try to use the Camel advantage to make a run at Joseph. Stick it to the pussycats!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I also noticed it says he's our first DB commit. So what is he considering Macon Clark of Destrehan?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ccap05
Surge

On the major recruiting sites Patrick Shegog is still listed as a Tulane commit. I know he re-opened the process in mid November but does he still have an offer and an interest in playing at Tulane?
RobertM320
Green Wave

On 247 he's listed in the page with our commits but he's not counted towards the totals. Not sure why he hasn't been removed. Josh Quiett is still listed and he's counted into the total score, even though he recommitted a while back. We actually have 18 commits.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

I see that Jonathan Brantley was given his release.
https://twitter.com/JBrantley02/status/ ... 9297812480
winwave
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:Is the early signing period helping us close the deal with a lot of these recruits?

It sure gives that impression. The P5's are having to show their hand earlier and kids know the score.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:I see that Jonathan Brantley was given his release.
https://twitter.com/JBrantley02/status/ ... 9297812480
Odd man out. I was hoping he would go for a position change (wr or cb) , great athlete. Not quite there as a passer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the update. I have said all along we'll probably be close to the full limit in scholarships to give out. This is how it happens.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote:Thanks for the update. I have said all along we'll probably be close to the full limit in scholarships to give out. This is how it happens.
Wish young Mr. Brantley the best. Wondering (dreaming) if this could be somehow related to the imminent signing of another QB? Perhaps one from Zachary?
galvezwave
Swell

Well it appears we are down to 2? Banks and McClain?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:Well it appears we are down to 2? Banks and McClain?
And hopefully Scott. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
its setting up for something.

We should go ahead and offer the 10th grader at Zachary now while we're at it.
GreenLantern
Riptide

So Tre Jackson was still under committment to Tulane? https://twitter.com/CB_EJ3/status/940069753732833287
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:Thanks for the update. I have said all along we'll probably be close to the full limit in scholarships to give out. This is how it happens.
Wish young Mr. Brantley the best. Wondering (dreaming) if this could be somehow related to the imminent signing of another QB? Perhaps one from Zachary?
You'd have to thinks so at this point.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:So Tre Jackson was still under committment to Tulane? https://twitter.com/CB_EJ3/status/940069753732833287
He was in his second year here.
Ruski
Swell

And just like that, less than 24 hours go by and Ryan Wright is downgraded from a .7998 to a .7498. He is now our worst rated recruit and our average and total points have dropped. Still 4th in the AAC but slipped to 65, behind Illinois, in the national ranking.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:And just like that, less than 24 hours go by and Ryan Wright is downgraded from a .7998 to a .7498. He is now our worst rated recruit and our average and total points have dropped. Still 4th in the AAC but slipped to 65, behind Illinois, in the national ranking.
I'll say this I watched film of him and he is going to need a lot of work on getting the ball off faster.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
Ruski wrote:And just like that, less than 24 hours go by and Ryan Wright is downgraded from a .7998 to a .7498. He is now our worst rated recruit and our average and total points have dropped. Still 4th in the AAC but slipped to 65, behind Illinois, in the national ranking.
I'll say this I watched film of him and he is going to need a lot of work on getting the ball off faster.
No doubt the game will speed up for him. I often wondered how Block didn't have more blocked but most ST coaches are very conservative rushing the punter and don't want to give up possessions for roughing penalties.

The real story continues in the arbitrary regrading as a reminder to all of us that we simply have to trust in Fritz's staff's ability to evaluate talent. Wright looks sort of like a smaller version of the Raider/FSU Polish kicker. If he bombs punting, put him at tight end.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
OUG wrote:Is the early signing period helping us close the deal with a lot of these recruits?

It sure gives that impression. The P5's are having to show their hand earlier and kids know the score.
It sure appears that way. I wonder if Fritz keeps one or two schollies in his back pocket for a good talent who becomes available in February (or even later) after receiving the P5 tool-around. But then again maybe not.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
Dont forget Christian Daniels is a QB, and also Amare Jones, although he's been recruited as a RB I think.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
No doubt the game will speed up for him. I often wondered how Block didn't have more blocked but most ST coaches are very conservative rushing the punter and don't want to give up possessions for roughing penalties.

The real story continues in the arbitrary regrading as a reminder to all of us that we simply have to trust in Fritz's staff's ability to evaluate talent. Wright looks sort of like a smaller version of the Raider/FSU Polish kicker. If he bombs punting, put him at tight end.
It's not so much about the game speeding up for him. He takes a long time to adjust the ball in his hands and then is slow in taking his steps into the kick. Fritz coaches this so hopefully he gets it corrected ASAP. If not opposing coaches will see it and they will go after him.
lurker123
Swell

We agree that it doesn't matter how far you can kick it if your kicks are blocked. Last time I looked typical FBS players are faster than typical California HS players, so yes the game will speed up for him next year if he signs with Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I didn't disagree about the game speeding up. There's a reason that no school out there didn't offer the #4 punter in the country. SJSU offered him as a PWO. He has mechanical issues and hopefully Fritz can fix them.