Football Recruiting 2018

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2398
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Wave755 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:-1
Simi Bakare
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 8868127745


https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 5748915200

Commit only until they sign that NLI.

OK, so we lost a 2 star running back, truly the end of the world? :lolgreen:

Can’t always go by the stars.
Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
https://n.rivals.com/news/from-two-stars-to-nfl-3

Right now we still have 15 three stars committed; I wish Mr. Bakare the best of luck and remind Wave fans "he ain't the only fish in the sea."



Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2398
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Wave755 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:56 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:-1
Simi Bakare
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 8868127745


https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 5748915200

Commit only until they sign that NLI.

OK, so we lost a 2 star running back, truly the end of the world? :lolgreen:

Can’t always go by the stars.
Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
https://n.rivals.com/news/from-two-stars-to-nfl-3

While true, you may be "channeling" your "Buffet Bob" Toledo who told us the star system meant absolutely nothing. :headstand: Remember how "Buffet Bob" spent 5 years ferreting out and finding for us "diamonds in the rough"? :yes: I remember one year he even signed a guy who didn't even know Tulane had a Div. 1 football team until "Buffet Bob" made him his one and only Div. 1 offer. Those were the days! :lolgreen:

I am confident the WF way of signing lots of 3 stars will prove far more profitable for our program in the long run. :1thumb:



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7293
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:07 pm



Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16882
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby tpstulane » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:-1
Simi Bakare
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 8868127745


https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 5748915200

Commit only until they sign that NLI.

OK, so we lost a 2 star running back, truly the end of the world? :lolgreen:

Can’t always go by the stars.
Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
https://n.rivals.com/news/from-two-stars-to-nfl-3

While true, you may be "channeling" your "Buffet Bob" Toledo who told us the star system meant absolutely nothing. :headstand: Remember how "Buffet Bob" spent 5 years ferreting out and finding for us "diamonds in the rough"? :yes: I remember one year he even signed a guy who didn't even know Tulane had a Div. 1 football team until "Buffet Bob" made him his one and only Div. 1 offer. Those were the days! :lolgreen:

I am confident the WF way of signing lots of 3 stars will prove far more profitable for our program in the long run. :1thumb:

Channeling Willie Fritz:
Tulane coach Willie Fritz really liked his signing class last February, feeling his staff had unearthed several under-the radar newcomers who were better than their recruiting rankings.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2398
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Wave755 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:-1
Simi Bakare
https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 8868127745


https://twitter.com/simirollin/status/9 ... 5748915200

Commit only until they sign that NLI.

OK, so we lost a 2 star running back, truly the end of the world? :lolgreen:

Can’t always go by the stars.
Matt Forte was a 2 star. I’m sure if he was committed WF didn’t want to lose him.

2 Stars to the NFL:
https://n.rivals.com/news/from-two-stars-to-nfl-3

While true, you may be "channeling" your "Buffet Bob" Toledo who told us the star system meant absolutely nothing. :headstand: Remember how "Buffet Bob" spent 5 years ferreting out and finding for us "diamonds in the rough"? :yes: I remember one year he even signed a guy who didn't even know Tulane had a Div. 1 football team until "Buffet Bob" made him his one and only Div. 1 offer. Those were the days! :lolgreen:

I am confident the WF way of signing lots of 3 stars will prove far more profitable for our program in the long run. :1thumb:

Channeling Willie Fritz:
Tulane coach Willie Fritz really liked his signing class last February, feeling his staff had unearthed several under-the radar newcomers who were better than their recruiting rankings.

And, this year WF is going to like his class even more! :)



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6332
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby RobertM320 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:05 pm

I hope this isn't a last minute reach because of McClain transferring. Just posted on Twitter. 6'5", 210 lb pro-style QB? three star, rated .8451 by 247.

Currently scheduled to make visits to Rice and W. Ky the next two weeks. Has a ton of offers, including a bunch of Ivys, the best of which are Boise St, Cincy, C Michigan, Colorado St, FAU, Troy, UAB. Four P5s recruiting him, but no offers.


Hudl video.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4006368/59 ... 21ccaf3098



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Ruski
Surge
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

RobertM320 wrote:I hope this isn't a last minute reach because of McClain transferring. Just posted on Twitter. 6'5", 210 lb pro-style QB? three star, rated .8451 by 247.

Currently scheduled to make visits to Rice and W. Ky the next two weeks. Has a ton of offers, including a bunch of Ivys, the best of which are Boise St, Cincy, C Michigan, Colorado St, FAU, Troy, UAB. Four P5s recruiting him, but no offers.


Hudl video.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4006368/59 ... 21ccaf3098



When I saw pro-style and his list of offers I was worried too. But if you watch his highlight tape he actually runs quite a lot, QB draws rather than options so he'd definitely have to redshirt to learn the system. He also absolutely bulldozes a number of kids. His passes looks phenomenal to me, floating right into his receivers laps or putting jump balls in the perfect spot. And you gotta love that his tall frame makes him look like a fresh Peyton. I would not be upset at all with his signing.

P.S. After some internet digging, found out he shared QB duties with a kid signed to Auburn. Could be a bit of a diamond in the rough. He sure has the measurables!



Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Jaxwave » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:22 pm

He is from here in the Jacksonville area who alternated every series with a 4 star recruit Joey Gatewood who is a true dual threat QB going to Auburn. I know a lot of people here in Jax who have been puzzled as to why he hasn’t got more offers.



Ruski
Surge
Posts: 685
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:25 am

"Manvel (Texas) 2018 three-star lineman Steven Shaw confirmed with 247Sports that he has two official visits set for later in January.

The 6-foot-4, 240-pound Shaw, who has been recruited at offensive tackle and defensive end, said he will officially visit Tulane on the weekend of Jan. 19, followed by an official visit the weekend of Jan. 26 to UNLV."

247 lists him as a 3 star, .8204 rating. He's "warm" on Tulane, La Tech, and UNLV. 6-4, 240 DE. UCONN, Kansas, Wyoming, UTSA other notable offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/Steven-Shaw-46042168



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests