Football Recruiting 2018

Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm








Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm

James is rated as a three-star prospect, according to 247Sports, and becomes Tulane's seventh commitment for the Class of 2018. James is now Tulane's highest-ranked 2018 commitment and he's considered Louisiana's No. 4 defensive tackle among those going into their senior year, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 6872
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby golfnut69 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Ruski wrote:
James is rated as a three-star prospect, according to 247Sports, and becomes Tulane's seventh commitment for the Class of 2018. James is now Tulane's highest-ranked 2018 commitment and he's considered Louisiana's No. 4 defensive tackle among those going into their senior year, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.


https://articles.nola.com/tulane/index. ... ckle_j.amp


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:17 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Ruski wrote:
James is rated as a three-star prospect, according to 247Sports, and becomes Tulane's seventh commitment for the Class of 2018. James is now Tulane's highest-ranked 2018 commitment and he's considered Louisiana's No. 4 defensive tackle among those going into their senior year, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.


https://articles.nola.com/tulane/index. ... ckle_j.amp


What a GREAT pickup by Fritz. Once again shows that Fritz is working his magic and recruiting in-state recruits. This is also a major pick-up because as Win and others have noted, we are going to be hurting on the D-line next season.



Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 pm

This class has the potential to be excellent. Really impressed by the staffs ability to turn it around recruiting wise. Seems they're targeting better rated talent and have quickly built local relationships.



JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3662
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby JerseyWave » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:32 pm

I am without a doubt 100% convinced that Fritz knows what he is doing in every aspect as Head Coach. He knows how to run a winning program, he knows Xs and Os, and finally he had to learn the recruiting game in Louisiana and at Tulane.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16359
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby tpstulane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm

JerseyWave wrote:I am without a doubt 100% convinced that Fritz knows what he is doing in every aspect as Head Coach. He knows how to run a winning program, he knows Xs and Os, and finally he had to learn the recruiting game in Louisiana and at Tulane.

No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:58 pm

tpstulane wrote:No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.


Well, that and the OL. If the OL and QB positions operate at the top half of the AAC and the defense doesn't regress too much without Smart/Marley, Tulane should hit a bowl game, however, it seems unlikely that that will be the case at this point in time.



Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Jaxwave » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Seen this movie before. I'll withhold judgement until signing day.



User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:No doubt. If our QB position comes through we'll be ok.


Well, that and the OL. If the OL and QB positions operate at the top half of the AAC and the defense doesn't regress too much without Smart/Marley, Tulane should hit a bowl game, however, it seems unlikely that that will be the case at this point in time.


Come on Azer, have some faith in Fritz. To date, he hasn't given us any signs that he doesn't know how to turn around our program. I am extremely bullish on Fritz getting us 6 wins this coming season, but that might change depending on Camp reports and how our lineman are progressing. However, I am still expecting us to improve from 4 wins to a minimum of 5, but keeping my hopes up for at least 6 with the Fritz year 2 effect. Roll DAMN Wave!



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:43 am

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Footba ... erence=AAC

Latest conf recruiting rankings. I'm not concerned about the position, because a lot of that is based on sheer numbers of players committed. But as far as quality of recruit, our average ranking is second only to Cincinnati. There's something to be said for that.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

galvezwave
High Tide
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby galvezwave » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am

I've been a Tulane fan for 45 years. I know in my head that we will probably suck. Because we're Tulane and that's what we do. But i honestly feel a different kind of momentum building. It's a slow , deliberate build up by a coach that I truly believe knows what to do and how. Kind of exciting, guard still up



User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 pm

galvezwave wrote:I've been a Tulane fan for 45 years. I know in my head that we will probably suck. Because we're Tulane and that's what we do. But i honestly feel a different kind of momentum building. It's a slow , deliberate build up by a coach that I truly believe knows what to do and how. Kind of exciting, guard still up


I agree with you Galvez and that's what happens when we have a real professional head coach that has the backing of the President and AD. It's a slow process, but I really do believe Fritz is turning around our fortunes. Like I have said in my other posts about people complaining about Fritz, the man just needs time to work and so far he has done all the right moves and corrected areas where we were lacking. Things are looking up for the mean greenies. Happy Friday and ROLL DAMN WAVE!



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Reminds me of the Larry Smith years, which coincided with my 4 years in school. 2-9,3-8,4-7, then 9-2 and ranked and held their own with Penn State in the Liberty Bowl. That foundation is why Vince Gibson had two winning seasons after that.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 pm




Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:20 am

Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.


Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 am

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.


Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.


You're right. Alabama is currently #53.

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.



User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.


Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.


You're right. Alabama is currently #53.

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.


I think with the type of system we are running, it's more about personnel than stars rating. I also find it strange that Mr. Ryan isn't rated when his offer list is if not the same than greater than half the guys that have given us a verbal so far. I support Fritz 100% until he shows me otherwise and so far he's said and done all the right things to Show Me he's moving our program in the right direction. I trust Fritz so much that I renewed my tickets and decided to move to the Home side premium seats. ROLL DAMN WAVE!



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby RobertM320 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:08 pm

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.


Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.


You're right. Alabama is currently #53.

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.


I think with the type of system we are running, it's more about personnel than stars rating. I also find it strange that Mr. Ryan isn't rated when his offer list is if not the same than greater than half the guys that have given us a verbal so far. I support Fritz 100% until he shows me otherwise and so far he's said and done all the right things to Show Me he's moving our program in the right direction. I trust Fritz so much that I renewed my tickets and decided to move to the Home side premium seats. ROLL DAMN WAVE!


GPS, now that you've upgraded your tickets, will I still be able to hit you up for a game this year? lol


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Surge
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:Recruiting class is currently ranked 85. The highest CJ ever got was 77. If WF can get this one down to about 75/70, we'll know the Greenies have really turned a corner.


Main reason for that is the lack of total numbers. Same reason that Stanford is ranked #80, Oregon State #82, and USF #93. At this stage its better to look at the average recruit rating, and we're at 83.08. To put that in perspective, last year we were 78.55 and the highest we've been since the ratings started was 80.03 in 2010. We're usually in the mid 79 range. If this recruiting class ends up even with an 81 average, we'll have had the highest rated class in the past decade and a half. Ratings go back to 2002.

Edit: They also havent added Joshua Quiett or Charlie Ryan yet, and neither is rated. More than likely they'll bring that average down some.


You're right. Alabama is currently #53.

If we end up in the 81-83 average, we'll be somewhere between #50 and #75 overall, depending on class size. That would be a considerable improvement.


I think with the type of system we are running, it's more about personnel than stars rating. I also find it strange that Mr. Ryan isn't rated when his offer list is if not the same than greater than half the guys that have given us a verbal so far. I support Fritz 100% until he shows me otherwise and so far he's said and done all the right things to Show Me he's moving our program in the right direction. I trust Fritz so much that I renewed my tickets and decided to move to the Home side premium seats. ROLL DAMN WAVE!


GPS, now that you've upgraded your tickets, will I still be able to hit you up for a game this year? lol


Absolutely! Same as every year, If me or my buddy can't go I will give them to whoever wants to go from these boards :)



Ruski
Surge
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby Ruski » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:49 pm

I know when recruits post "The University of Tulane" it pisses alot of people off. Well look at what one of our targets posted: :lol: :lol: :lol:



I wish the kid well and I'm sure he's plenty intelligent but mannnnnn, had me rolling!



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5116
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby DfromCT » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:02 pm

I guess you're laughing at him adding "The". I have no problem and would actually be impressed if a recruit said he was committing to "THE Tulane University of Louisiana". That's our name. "The Tulane University" isn't bad, either. But "The University of Tulane" is simply wrong. Just as any University calling itself "The University of Louisiana" is wrong, without including the campus location.

And by the way, as much as we'd love to have the recruit, Harvard University is a life changing place. Tulane is a great school, but assuming you make it through and don't isolate yourself, Harvard opens doors in many, many places. Good choice young man.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10292
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby winwave » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 pm



It's the facilities stupid!

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 6872
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Football Recruiting 2018

Postby golfnut69 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 pm



Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests