Football Recruiting 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Last week we had four. This weeks group had some that were already committed to other schools and some higher quality recruits. With signing day only 3 days away I was hoping maybe the ones that are committed elsewhere might be giving it one last thought as to whether to flip or not. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

We are still offering kids for this class it looks like.
https://twitter.com/kirkmerritt33/statu ... 6377718786
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:We are still offering kids for this class it looks like.
Kirk Merritt hardly a kid, he's a young man whose been to Eugene, College Station & Scooba. Love to see him in our offense!
Ruski
Swell

wave97 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:We are still offering kids for this class it looks like.
Kirk Merritt hardly a kid, he's a young man whose been to Eugene, College Station & Scooba. Love to see him in our offense!
Stud athlete. Seems like he's had some off the field issues at Oregon and Texas a&m. Would push this recruiting class into the stratosphere, especially since it probably helps land us Scott! Keeping my fingers crossed
Wave755
Tsunami

Warren Easton CB Damien Tate is a Green Wave. Yet another 3 star recruit for WF and Tulane!

We now have 15 three star recruits! When is the last time that happened, damn if I know! :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Warren Easton CB Damien Tate is a Green Wave. Yet another 3 star recruit for WF and Tulane!

We now have 15 three star recruits! When is the last time that happened, damn if I know! :D
Commit at this point.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Warren Easton CB Damien Tate is a Green Wave. Yet another 3 star recruit for WF and Tulane!

Commit at this point.
Let's see what happens on the 20th.

WF is on a roll! :)
Wave755
Tsunami

With 21 commits Rivals now ranks us no. 63, & for 247 no. 64!

And, how I do still so remember those painful and pathetic Buffet "Bob" Toledo no. 107 like classes!
One cannot know the sweet without first the bitter.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm assuming there's a dead period the next day or two like the Feb signing period?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Currently on 247, the class is rated #64. The only non P5s ahead of us are Cinn (45), USF (56) and Houston (63). So the top 4 non-P5 classes are all AAC. And yet they want to lump us in with the G4s.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:I'm assuming there's a dead period the next day or two like the Feb signing period?
Yes.It will be the whole week. They can communicate electronically just not in person.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Currently on 247, the class is rated #64. The only non P5s ahead of us are Cinn (45), USF (56) and Houston (63). So the top 4 non-P5 classes are all AAC. And yet they want to lump us in with the G4s.
R -I appreciate where you're coming from there and very much would like to see us get that P designation. I love that we have Aresco trying to get that done. However the flip side to what you said there is that we only have one with a class in the top 50.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:With 21 commits Rivals now ranks us no. 63, & for 247 no. 64!

And, how I do still so remember those painful and pathetic Buffet "Bob" Toledo no. 107 like classes!
One cannot know the sweet without first the bitter.
LBS
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:I'm assuming there's a dead period the next day or two like the Feb signing period?
Yes.It will be the whole week. They can communicate electronically just not in person.
One of the local sportscasters said the signing period was a 3-day process (Wednesday-Friday). It was the first time I heard it described that way, but if it's true, it may take until the weekend before we know who is truly committed and who is not. The week after that is Christmas week, so it would make sense to make that a dead period.
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote:
winwave wrote:
One of the local sportscasters said the signing period was a 3-day process (Wednesday-Friday). It was the first time I heard it described that way, but if it's true, it may take until the weekend before we know who is truly committed and who is not. The week after that is Christmas week, so it would make sense to make that a dead period.
Yes. I think they can only sign Wed-Fri, after which not until the Feb signing period. I was referring more to the not being able to communicate with them the next few days prior to signing day. So we wont hear anything until Wed now I would think.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Currently on 247, the class is rated #64. The only non P5s ahead of us are Cinn (45), USF (56) and Houston (63). So the top 4 non-P5 classes are all AAC. And yet they want to lump us in with the G4s.
R -I appreciate where you're coming from there and very much would like to see us get that P designation. I love that we have Aresco trying to get that done. However the flip side to what you said there is that we only have one with a class in the top 50.

On the flip side of that, there are 64 P5 schools. So if you're anywhere above 64, you're in a slot that should by all indications be a P5 slot. Which means one third of our conf has classes comparable to a lot of P5s. And no, I'm not talking being in the same mix with the top 20 or so schools. No matter how successful we are in the future, I'll be dead and gone before we could reach the point where we were competing with Ala, Ohio State, OU, etc for players. But the conf doesn't have to be. As long as most of our schools can get above the bottom tier of P5s, then we deserve to be one.
anEngineer
Riptide

I will bet that something happens with moving this date next year. December 20 put a heavy burden on schools that had to hire new head coaches. It's one thing if you are firing your coach; you can do advanced work to know who you want to hire before the actual firing. The problem is for the team that gets poached. Three weeks before signing day, you suddenly don't have a head coach (and maybe several of his assistants). You don't want to put the date into the holidays, so maybe it goes to the first Wednesday in January; or maybe the burden will just fall on ADs to always be prepared to get a new guy within 10 days.

It kind of forces programs to hire new guys with similar systems to keep as many recruits as possible, or just sacrifice much of the early period and take your chances with what's left in February. Maybe there will eventually be a significant pool of kids who wait until February just because the coach who recruited them moved on.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/942801383555780608
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/942801383555780608
Here is the Rivals link! https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018 ... s/football

247 still has us at no. 64 but that should change shortly once 3 star Chris Joyce is listed as a commit.
Ruski
Swell

Good news keeps rolling!

I could see with a couple classes ranked 50-60 and Fritz's coaching ability, this program finally gets in the consistent 8-10 wins and knocking on top 25. Saw it happen at mizzou with Pinkel and this feels very similar.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/942801383555780608
Here is the Rivals link! https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018 ... s/football

247 still has us at no. 64 but that should change shortly once 3 star Chris Joyce is listed as a commit.
Surprisingly 247 has Chris Joyce listed only as a 2 star so we remain for their ranking at no. 64.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
anEngineer wrote:
winwave wrote:
Yes. I think they can only sign Wed-Fri, after which not until the Feb signing period. I was referring more to the not being able to communicate with them the next few days prior to signing day. So we wont hear anything until Wed now I would think.
Correct. Also, it is expected that Wednesday will be the big day for signings.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:I will bet that something happens with moving this date next year. December 20 put a heavy burden on schools that had to hire new head coaches. It's one thing if you are firing your coach; you can do advanced work to know who you want to hire before the actual firing. The problem is for the team that gets poached. Three weeks before signing day, you suddenly don't have a head coach (and maybe several of his assistants). You don't want to put the date into the holidays, so maybe it goes to the first Wednesday in January; or maybe the burden will just fall on ADs to always be prepared to get a new guy within 10 days.

It kind of forces programs to hire new guys with similar systems to keep as many recruits as possible, or just sacrifice much of the early period and take your chances with what's left in February. Maybe there will eventually be a significant pool of kids who wait until February just because the coach who recruited them moved on.
Fritz said in his season ending press conference that he thought the signing period would be moved up to August or September and not pushed back to January. He said this new signing period was based on surveys the NCAA did with the high school recruits.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

On the flip side of that, there are 64 P5 schools. So if you're anywhere above 64, you're in a slot that should by all indications be a P5 slot. Which means one third of our conf has classes comparable to a lot of P5s. And no, I'm not talking being in the same mix with the top 20 or so schools. No matter how successful we are in the future, I'll be dead and gone before we could reach the point where we were competing with Ala, Ohio State, OU, etc for players. But the conf doesn't have to be. As long as most of our schools can get above the bottom tier of P5s, then we deserve to be one.
Again I'm all for it. The difference is the P5's will have at least a third of their conference schools in the top 30. So still a long way to go. What's really important though is the AAC scheduling up and beating the good P5 schools. Just beating the bottom feeders won't help as it won't increase attendance nor will it get us added media coverage. Going to have to earn it the hard way. It's the only way. It just is. I hope we start seeing it happen soon.
Show Me
Tsunami

The ranking seems good from here but I want to see its if based more on quantity then quality.