Jonathan Banks

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I think we have 3 pages on this kid under 2017 recruiting
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
They should each have their own thread.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
They should each have their own thread.

I agree. Before he was just a possible, now he's a commit. And most likely, he'll be our starting QB next year. Look how much was written about TL. 100 pages?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's great that Banks is enrolling in January and I hope Fritz plans on signing another QB in this next class. We need to get a huge upgrade at this position and the more competition the better.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Banks appears to be an upgrade, but I'm not going to count my chickens till they hatch. I am more concerned about getting quality lineman that can block in Fritz' scheme. With a good O-line, almost any qb can be successful...
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Banks appears to be an upgrade, but I'm not going to count my chickens till they hatch. I am more concerned about getting quality lineman that can block in Fritz' scheme. With a good O-line, almost any qb can be successful...
But as Tony Dungy said, THEY HAVE. TO PITCH. THE BALL.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Banks appears to be an upgrade, but I'm not going to count my chickens till they hatch. I am more concerned about getting quality lineman that can block in Fritz' scheme. With a good O-line, almost any qb can be successful...
+1

No doubt we need upgrades at both but if the O-Line isn't significantly upgraded it won't matter how good any of the QB's turn out to be. Our O-Line play has been abysmal for quite some time now. The good news is we are seriously trying to get JUCO's there. Hopefully it pans out. Diaz, Leglue and Johnson seem capable. Brown has started this year but that's mainly a statement on the lack of talent at that position. Woodard played some but hasn't been seen in a good while. We need a real influx of talent and several of them or things won't change much.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
+1

No doubt we need upgrades at both but if the O-Line isn't significantly upgraded it won't matter how good any of the QB's turn out to be. Our O-Line play has been abysmal for quite some time now. The good news is we are seriously trying to get JUCO's there. Hopefully it pans out. Diaz, Leglue and Johnson seem capable. Brown has started this year but that's mainly a statement on the lack of talent at that position. Woodard played some but hasn't been seen in a good while. We need a real influx of talent and several of them or things won't change much.
I have a feeling we will see one RB and at least two to four OL lineman from the JUCO or 5th year transfer pool next year...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Maybe we change our offense next year.
Straight drop back passer in these highlights:
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

I like it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I only watched a few minutes of it but saw him roll out a few times. Other films have shown him running the read option which he himself has said he has always run.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from sportsnola....so U know it is true

http://sportsnola.com/recruiting-highly ... sas-state/
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's Banks' full 2016 season highlights. A couple of read option plays early on in the highlights. Extends plays with his feet long enough to find an open receiver. And his home field at Independence has the same two-tone green look we have at Yulman. He's gotta be the right one!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/860683/57fd ... 71b4a59123
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There is definitely one thing he has which none of our current QB's have and that's height. He's listed at 6'3" and looks it. Our QB's are listed at 6' and probably are 5'10" or 5'11". Behind our line it's an advantage to be able to see over them.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:There is definitely one thing he has which none of our current QB's have and that's height. He's listed at 6'3" and looks it. Our QB's are listed at 6' and probably are 5'10" or 5'11". Behind our line it's an advantage to be able to see over them.
Definitely look like a STUD. I think Glen is close to 6'1 than 6'0
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:There is definitely one thing he has which none of our current QB's have and that's height. He's listed at 6'3" and looks it. Our QB's are listed at 6' and probably are 5'10" or 5'11". Behind our line it's an advantage to be able to see over them.
GC listed at 6'0". Teams don't rob players of height. He's 5'10" or 5'11" at best.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
GC listed at 6'0". Teams don't rob players of height. He's 5'10" or 5'11" at best.
To be fair, some teams/players measure height in socks only and some measure with shoes. (That's why over the years, Kevin Durant keeps ranging from 6'9" to 6'11".)

No doubt in stocking feet, GC is probably about 5'10". For that matter how tall is Drew Brees without shoes?

Although I wish GC had Banks's stature, he is tall enough to succeed in WF's offense. It's his uneven skills in other areas that diminished his particular effectiveness in 2016. If he starts and doesn't improve, we all know what his ceiling (and presumably the team's) will be next season.

It's obvious that WF will have an open QB competition in the spring and perhaps even in pre-season August practice. Whoever wins, we simply need better play at QB next season.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

No one said he couldn't succeed b/c of his lack of height. I simply stated that it is advantage for Banks to have the height he has. As for Brees even he couldn't successfully QB behind this line. That's how bad it is.
ajcalhoun
Swell

winwave wrote: Teams don't rob players of height.
Truer words have never been spoken.
God Bless Everyone!