Football Recruiting 2017

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

I hope that the coaching staff is able to pursue JUCO's for 2017 & 2018. For Tulane Football to continue improving we're going to need them badly for next year, particularly on the offensive & defensive lines. I cannot help but look at our current roster and wonder how we will improve for next year without bringing in developed talent from California, Texas, Kansas & Mississippi JUCO systems. This coaching staff has a solid handle on what types of players would be a good fit. If I were President Fitts, Doug Hertz or Troy Dannen I would trust their judgment and allow for a handful of JUCOS and fifth-year grad transfers to supplement the high school recruits. We need them!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:I hope that the coaching staff is able to pursue JUCO's for 2017 & 2018. For Tulane Football to continue improving we're going to need them badly for next year, particularly on the offensive & defensive lines. I cannot help but look at our current roster and wonder how we will improve for next year without bringing in developed talent from California, Texas, Kansas & Mississippi JUCO systems. This coaching staff has a solid handle on what types of players would be a good fit. If I were President Fitts, Doug Hertz or Troy Dannen I would trust their judgment and allow for a handful of JUCOS and fifth-year grad transfers to supplement the high school recruits. We need them!
I agree a minimum of 4 JUCO and as many as 6...both lines, linebacker and QB
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://n.rivals.com/news/tulane-leadin ... e-big-push

Good article here on 3 star DB Kieston Roach of Houston, TX. Currently has Tulane as his favorite. Talks a bit in the article about Coach Fritz, and his relationship with Tulane.
“I really like Coach (Willie) Fritz at Tulane,” he said. “He wins wherever he goes and Tulane, that’s a good school, they put cornerbacks in the league, so that’s who I’m in most contact with right now.”

“I would say that they’re my leader right now,” he said. “Just because they’ve got to know me the most and I’ve become the most comfortable with that program.”
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:https://n.rivals.com/news/tulane-leadin ... e-big-push

Good article here on 3 star DB Kieston Roach of Hosuton, TX. Currently has Tulane as his favorite. Talks a bit in the article about Coach Fritz, and his relationship with Tulane.
“I really like Coach (Willie) Fritz at Tulane,” he said. “He wins wherever he goes and Tulane, that’s a good school, they put cornerbacks in the league, so that’s who I’m in most contact with right now.”

“I would say that they’re my leader right now,” he said. “Just because they’ve got to know me the most and I’ve become the most comfortable with that program.”
Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
posse
High Tide

Rivals has updated our 17 signees. Although no 3 stars, we now have 16 commitments that are 2 star athletes. Only OL from Shaw has no stars. I think they previously had 9 of our commits as 2 stars, and 8 with no stars....We are now ranked 71 in tie with Temple. We are now in the middle of the pack in the AAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Posse, I recommend the the 247 composite rankings instead since they combine the rankings for each of the big 4 (247/ESPN/Rivals/Scout). Tulane currently has 4 consensus 3*s there and non one below a 2*.

http://tulane.247sports.com/Season/2017 ... ll/Commits
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

It is interesting how we climbed up the recruiting rankings when we were low (this summer) and we haven't even added any higher star recruits yet. I made the prediction earlier this summer that the 2017 class will be higher rated than any of CJ's classes and I think we are right on track. Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Posse, I recommend the the 247 composite rankings instead since they combine the rankings for each of the big 4 (247/ESPN/Rivals/Scout). Tulane currently has 4 consensus 3*s there and non one below a 2*.

I think they only have 2 as consensus 3 stars.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:It is interesting how we climbed up the recruiting rankings when we were low (this summer) and we haven't even added any higher star recruits yet. I made the prediction earlier this summer that the 2017 class will be higher rated than any of CJ's classes and I think we are right on track. Roll Wave!
Volume of recruits matters, perhaps that's the issue.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:Posse, I recommend the the 247 composite rankings instead since they combine the rankings for each of the big 4 (247/ESPN/Rivals/Scout). Tulane currently has 4 consensus 3*s there and non one below a 2*.

I think they only have 2 as consensus 3 stars.
Ah!!!!! You're right :oops:
posse
High Tide

Checked Rivals site again and they now have the OL lineman from Shaw a 2 star. So now all 17 of our commits are 2 star athletes.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:It is interesting how we climbed up the recruiting rankings when we were low (this summer) and we haven't even added any higher star recruits yet. I made the prediction earlier this summer that the 2017 class will be higher rated than any of CJ's classes and I think we are right on track. Roll Wave!
I wish I could share your optimism regarding recruiting but we're currently on track for our worst recruiting class in at least a decade and worse than Bob Toledo's classes.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
I wish I could share your optimism regarding recruiting but we're currently on track for our worst recruiting class in at least a decade and worse than Bob Toledo's classes.
If you win, they will come. I've seen improvement across the board from WF so I am positive that by February we will see something good come signing day. For now, we need to get better and more importantly, JUST WIN BABY.
wave97
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
+1 There's a long way to go for this recruiting class, but the way I see it right now?????????
Ruski
Swell

I noticed we have 2 recruits from Hoover in Alabama. PJ Hall was also out of Hoover. Was this a CJ relationship? Did this years recruits sign with WF or CJ? Would be nice to continue to build the pipeline there.
RobertM320
Green Wave

He signed with WF.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

I can't speak highly enough about the job that our o-line & d-line coaches are doing. The guys up front are being very well coached on both sides of the ball. In order for this program to blossom, we need to reach out for o-lineman and d-lineman talent as the first order for recruiting this year. With Tanzel proving himself worthy of an early-round selection in the NFL Draft we can show recruits that this staff can coach-up NFL talent. We need to get in front of d-line & o-line High School/JUCO prospects from East Texas to North Florida and land a couple 3* on both sides.
Yes, we have a good history of landing the QB's, WR's, mobile LB's & DB's, but we need to prove to propects, parents & high school coaches that Tulane is a viable option for the big uglies who are looking to play on Sundays.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have found the skill position players b/c they are in abundance here. Linemen not so much. That's where the national aspect of the school comes in. We can look in the N/E and midwest for good linemen who want to get out of the cold and who value education.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:We have found the skill position players b/c they are in abundance here. Linemen not so much. That's where the national aspect of the school comes in. We can look in the N/E and midwest for good linemen who want to get out of the cold and who value education.
It's also a crap shoot in terms of evaluating high school offensive lineman. Most of these kids will need to spend time in the weight room before they will see the field. Very rarely do you have incoming freshman that become starters since day 1, unless you're Bama. I've also seen the biggest variances in terms of rankings when it comes to offensive lineman, scout/rivals v. espn etc. Like a lot have mentioned, hopefully we can get some JUCO/grad transfers to beef up our line since they will be ready from the get go.
wave97
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
winwave wrote:We have found the skill position players b/c they are in abundance here. Linemen not so much. That's where the national aspect of the school comes in. We can look in the N/E and midwest for good linemen who want to get out of the cold and who value education.
It's also a crap shoot in terms of evaluating high school offensive lineman. Most of these kids will need to spend time in the weight room before they will see the field. Very rarely do you have incoming freshman that become starters since day 1, unless you're Bama. I've also seen the biggest variances in terms of rankings when it comes to offensive lineman, scout/rivals v. espn etc. Like a lot have mentioned, hopefully we can get some JUCO/grad transfers to beef up our line since they will be ready from the get go.
There seems to be no shortage of high school programs running the RO/Spread. Tulane needs smart, athletic o-lineman for our scheme Any word on Junior Diaz?
BTW: The Mid-Atlantic, is a shell of what it used to be for producing talent. Pennsylvania alone produced players by the boatloads for National consumption in the 1960's thru the 1990's. Ohio, Michigan & Illinois are way off as well. Decades ago it was common to see Southern teams that had a sizable portion of Northerners on their rosters, today it's reversed. In spite of the trends, a winning Tulane Football program is an easy sell for recruits cherry picked Nationally.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

wave97 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
There seems to be no shortage of high school programs running the RO/Spread. Tulane needs smart, athletic o-lineman for our scheme Any word on Junior Diaz?
No word on Diaz. It was an ankle sprain, which makes me fear that it might be a high ankle sprain if he isn't ready to go this week. Also, Fritz is pretty tight lipped when it comes to injuries so don't hold your breath for an update.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I set up Doug Lichtenberger with a soon to be 4* O-Lineman whom was a Sophmore, soon to be a Junior in New Canaan, CT. I gave him the email and phone contact for legendary HC Lou Marinelli, whom had come to a fundraiser for my son. The kid was 6'4" and 280 lbs at the time. He ultimately signed with TCU, without ever being contacted by Tulane. The CJ staff refused to recruit as far away as the NorthEast. Oh, BTW: the kid carried a 4.0 GPA.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I set up Doug Lichtenberger with a soon to be 4* O-Lineman whom was a Sophmore, soon to be a Junior in New Canaan, CT. I gave him the email and phone contact for legendary HC Lou Marinelli, whom had come to a fundraiser for my son. The kid was 6'4" and 280 lbs at the time. He ultimately signed with TCU, without ever being contacted by Tulane. The CJ staff refused to recruit as far away as the NorthEast. Oh, BTW: the kid carried a 4.0 GPA.
D, some reason I'm not shocked that CJ made no effort.... Just like last year, I was not shocked that we couldn't handle a long snap, punt with 10 or 9 men, or try to air it out during a monsoon, etc. In terms of my hatred chart: I have RD and CJ tied at the top.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The Southlake Carrol Dragon's are a D1 factory. I'm pretty sure that every QB that's started a full season this century has landed a D1 scholarship, and a few have been in the NFL. They also do well with kickers (their current kicker, Kole Ramage, kicked a 55 yard FG in the season opener). When the Saints had Garrett Hartley, the snapper, holder and kicker were all former Dragons.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V