Football Recruiting 2017

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
Ruski wrote:
DrBox wrote:On Saturday, 247 downgraded several of our recruits. We went from 7 or 8 3 stars to 3 or 4.
I count Kuerschen and Singletary, who else?
Right now 247 has us with five 3 stars:

http://tulane.247sports.com/Season/2017 ... ll/Commits
Oops I forgot about Corey Dublin.

Can anyone remember what former grades they gave Dublin and Singletary? I feel like it was a pretty big drop due to the "Tulane effect".

Kuerschen being downgraded is strange since he committed a couple months ago.

Ruski
Swell

Very interesting tidbit I just saw on 247.

Drew Champlin just predicted everyones' favorite recruit, Jatarvious Whitlow, to commit to Tulane. Champlin has a high prediction accuracy, 84% in 2017 and 80% overall. He's been right on a number of UAB and Troy targets the last couple weeks, the other schools high on Whitlow's list.

Can it just be Wednesday already!?!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:Very interesting tidbit I just saw on 247.

Drew Champlin just predicted everyones' favorite recruit, Jatarvious Whitlow, to commit to Tulane. Champlin has a high prediction accuracy, 84% in 2017 and 80% overall. He's been right on a number of UAB and Troy targets the last couple weeks, the other schools high on Whitlow's list.

Can it just be Wednesday already!?!
That would be great news!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://247sports.com/Player/JaTarvious-Whitlow-84548

However, on the site itself, Crystal Ball shows 60% UAB, 20% Auburn, 20% Tulane.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:http://247sports.com/Player/JaTarvious-Whitlow-84548

However, on the site itself, Crystal Ball shows 60% UAB, 20% Auburn, 20% Tulane.
Whitlow himself eliminated Auburn as of this January 18th article:
JaTarvious Whitlow, the LaFayette standout who won Class 2A Back of the Year, is down to four schools.

The 6-foot, 202-pound Whitlow will choose between Tulane, UAB, Troy and Georgia Southern on National Signing Day. Whitlow is a four-star recruit in the 247Sports individual rankings.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017 ... _jata.html

So really it should be 75% UAB and 25% Tulane, the Auburn prediction was made back in November. And the reason I'm confident about this one is that the 3 guys picking UAB have much more broad focuses. The Drew Champlin fellow seems to focus on Alabama schools/players and has more correct predictions concerning UAB and Troy. He's the one who wrote the article on Whitlow in the link above.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I sure hope you're right. Hard to think that someone would choose Troy over Tulane. The only thing has to be the fact they've been winning, and it would be closer to home. UAB I could understand. Since they're just resurrecting their program, there would be a lot of opportunity for playing time.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:I sure hope you're right. Hard to think that someone would choose Troy over Tulane. The only thing has to be the fact they've been winning, and it would be closer to home. UAB I could understand. Since they're just resurrecting their program, there would be a lot of opportunity for playing time.
Marcus Jones, 3 star (ESPN) CB outta AL, just picked Troy over Tulane on live local news. He picked the Tulane hat but there was a hidden Troy hat underneath. His final three were Troy, Tulane, and Purdue. Infuriating to watch that one!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:I sure hope you're right. Hard to think that someone would choose Troy over Tulane. The only thing has to be the fact they've been winning, and it would be closer to home. UAB I could understand. Since they're just resurrecting their program, there would be a lot of opportunity for playing time.
Marcus Jones, 3 star (ESPN) CB outta AL, just picked Troy over Tulane on live local news. He picked the Tulane hat but there was a hidden Troy hat underneath. His final three were Troy, Tulane, and Purdue. Infuriating to watch that one!
A 2* on 247-only rankings and no 247 composite ranking yet.

http://247sports.com/player/marcus-jones-82246
JerseyWave
Riptide

Ruski wrote:
The kid is listed at 5'7" 155 lbs. Too small and don't anybody give Nico Marley. Marley was a rare football player for his size.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:
Ruski wrote:
The kid is listed at 5'7" 155 lbs. Too small and don't anybody give Nico Marley. Marley was a rare football player for his size.
obviously this young man is heeding "dirty harry's" advice...'A man needs to know his limitations".... I wish him a injury free and successful career
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

I'm really hoping the reason he picked Troy was because they offered his teammate as well. Otherwise we may have some serious problems...
Wave755
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote:
Ruski wrote:
Yep, way too small for the AAC. At 5'7" he'll be a lot happier in the Mighty Sunbelt. :P
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
Ruski wrote:
obviously this young man is heeding "dirty harry's" advice...'A man needs to know his limitations".... I wish him a injury free and successful career
I would have thought that the grief LeBron took for the production he made in picking the Heat over the Cavs in 2010 served as a warning to all that it's just not good PR to dis the rejected suitor while your kissing your new spouse. The selection message is clear enough on its own. The hat stunt is simply a gimmick too far and I'm surprised an adult in the room didn't stop him from doing it. I'm sure he's now immortalized it on his twitter account just to make sure we all notice.
ajcalhoun
Swell

lurker123 wrote: I would have thought that the grief LeBron took for the production he made in picking the Heat over the Cavs in 2010 served as a warning to all that it's just not good PR to dis the rejected suitor while your kissing your new spouse. The selection message is clear enough on its own. The hat stunt is simply a gimmick too far and I'm surprised an adult in the room didn't stop him from doing it. I'm sure he's now immortalized it on his twitter account just to make sure we all notice.
I agree. It's just a chickenshit move. Totally unnecessary.
God Bless Everyone!
Jaxwave
Swell

Last minute offer to DE Nick Kubiet of Matanzas High School in Daytona Beach , Florida. 6-4, 220. Other offers: Jacksonvill, Samford and Augustana. Doesn't bode well for getting other DL on our wish list if we are going that deep to offer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Last minute offer to DE Nick Kubiet of Matanzas High School in Daytona Beach , Florida. 6-4, 220. Other offers: Jacksonvill, Samford and Augustana. Doesn't bode well for getting other DL on our wish list if we are going that deep to offer.
just save the schollie for next year....no use in going that deep for a body...or use it for some local kid with equal ability
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Last minute recruiting battles with freakin Troy, good grief.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

my grandson in North Carolina sent me this...I know nothing of who the author of the article is

http://www.fearthewave.com/fearthewaveb ... ne-targets
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:Last minute recruiting battles with freakin Troy, good grief.
Weirder things have happened like choosing La Tech over Texas like what Mr. Robertson did today.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:Last minute recruiting battles with freakin Troy, good grief.
Weirder things have happened like choosing La Tech over Texas like what Mr. Robertson did today.
Dataset, dataset, datatset.

I guess we should focus on tom brady's draft position as context?
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:

Can you imagine looking at these choices, Option 1: Austin, Tx, Option 2: Stillwater, Ok, Option 3: Ruston, La and you pick option 3...
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
And I haven't seen a word from any of the LSU beat writers about LSU not getting him.
Jaxwave
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:

Can you imagine looking at these choices, Option 1: Austin, Tx, Option 2: Stillwater, Ok, Option 3: Ruston, La and you pick option 3...
It's obvious what happened is Texas and OK St filled up their class and had no room for him.
AugWave
Swell

Ok, I've been lurking for a while but I feel like posting again.

After reading this thread for a while, I think the class is ok. I'm not a star gazer, I just look at the tape. Some of our commits won't be able to contribute immediately, but I see a good number of them making an impact next year. I'm just praying that our QB play is better than last year. That was atrocious.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Jaxwave
Swell

Unless a couple of the DTs fall our way here at the end, this recruiting year will have been a dismal failure. We won't be able to stop anybody from moving the ball on us at will with this type recruiting.