Football Recruiting 2017

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Pepper wrote:Agree. We need a local guy on staff to beat the bushes.
Yes, but King is not the guy. He's not local. There needs to be someone else.
He might not be local but he did lead Tulane to an undefeated season, that could be even better. The problem with local kids, I imagine, is they are told/think you can never win at Tulane. Also being a successful black QB/coach would go a long way. See how well CJ/Frank Wilson have done in the area.
You're right. Frank Wilson landed 17 3* players in his first recruiting class. Wow.
https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2 ... _no_2.html
Wilson, who guided the Roadrunners to their first bowl appearance in December, signed 17 three-star players among his 26, tops in the league according to Rivals.com. The UTSA class was ranked No. 69 overall by Rivals, the best in school history.
Amazing for a school that just added football less than 10 years ago. Meanwhile Uptown...... :oops:
I just checked the rivals list...most of the three star players are DB's...he hit Texas, California, Kansas, Louisiana, Florida...would be interesting to see why some larger schools did not get into the action..maybe academics played apart...he did not recruit anyone that scares me

https://utsa.rivals.com/commitments
You need good DB's in CUSA. I wouldn't be surprised to see him covert some to offense.
WF emphasized at the signing party that he recruits "good" students first. So we probably won't go after anything less.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Pepper wrote:Agree. We need a local guy on staff to beat the bushes.
Yes, but King is not the guy. He's not local. There needs to be someone else.
He might not be local but he did lead Tulane to an undefeated season, that could be even better. The problem with local kids, I imagine, is they are told/think you can never win at Tulane. Also being a successful black QB/coach would go a long way. See how well CJ/Frank Wilson have done in the area.
You're right. Frank Wilson landed 17 3* players in his first recruiting class. Wow.
https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2 ... _no_2.html
Wilson, who guided the Roadrunners to their first bowl appearance in December, signed 17 three-star players among his 26, tops in the league according to Rivals.com. The UTSA class was ranked No. 69 overall by Rivals, the best in school history.
Amazing for a school that just added football less than 10 years ago. Meanwhile Uptown...... :oops:
I just checked the rivals list...most of the three star players are DB's...he hit Texas, California, Kansas, Louisiana, Florida...would be interesting to see why some larger schools did not get into the action..maybe academics played apart...he did not recruit anyone that scares me

https://utsa.rivals.com/commitments
You need good DB's in CUSA. I wouldn't be surprised to see him covert some to offense.
WF emphasized at the signing party that he recruits "good" students first. So we probably won't go after anything less.
Wasn't Wilson runner up to CJ for the head coaching job? Also he's only make 600k down at UTSA, Fritz making 1.2 million.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Wasn't Wilson runner up to CJ for the head coaching job? Also he's only make 600k down at UTSA, Fritz making 1.2 million.
Don't think so. But the media was sure pushing him.
https://sportsnola.com/update-of-candid ... -position/
Two high profile assistants with New Orleans ties are worth real consideration. LSU running backs coach Frank Wilson and Alabama associate head coach and running backs coach Burton Burns have apparently not heard from Tulane.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Ruski wrote: Wasn't Wilson runner up to CJ for the head coaching job? Also he's only make 600k down at UTSA, Fritz making 1.2 million.
Two high profile assistants with New Orleans ties are worth real consideration. LSU running backs coach Frank Wilson and Alabama associate head coach and running backs coach Burton Burns have apparently not heard from Tulane.
The reason was very simple...we just fired one dumb ass from NOLA...Burns was on a previous staff at Tulane, what was his track record then ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
The reason was very simple...we just fired one dumb ass from NOLA...Burns was on a previous staff at Tulane, what was his track record then ?

Love the way you simplify things Golfnut! I rarely disagree with your recaps.....
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
One dumb ass from NOLA? Bob Toledo? Confused
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Ruski wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I believe he's talking about CJ.
Ruski
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
Ruski wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I believe he's talking about CJ.
Right. Wilson was supposedly a serious candidate after Toledo was fired.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wilson was only a serious candidate in the minds of the local media who kept trying to push him on us.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Wilson was only a serious candidate in the minds of the local media who kept trying to push him on us.
I know it's not apples to apples but he's becoming a very serious HC in San Antonio.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unlike CJ it appears he understands he is making a good living as a recruiter and he's leaving the coaching to his staff.Who knows if he would have had the maturity to do that 4 years ago. Did he learn from seeing things not working out for CJ?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

Dublin wins State Wrestling Championship again at heavyweight
1-0 decision
chain gang x man
Swell

Jeremy Allen wide receiver safety from Highland Park High School in Illinois
https://twitter.com/hphs_athletics/stat ... 8292017154
Jaxwave
Swell

Is he signing to start play in the fall of this year?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Is he signing to start play in the fall of this year?
I hope so, if not we need to start a thread for 2018 and move this there!

I only had time to look for 5 minutes, but I could find NOTHING about the young Mr. Allen.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a walk-on. Welcome aboard.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.