MBB lands JUCO transfer Sammis Reyes

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This has been rumored for a good while. Glad to see it finally come to fruition. Probably deserves it's own thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

This looks like a nice addition.
HoopsGuy
Trickle

Been watching the recruitment of Sammis Reyes for several months with respect to another unnamed school. We wish you the best with Sammis. During my research of him I was told by a coach in his JUCO conference that we "didn't want to go there" with respect to signing him. Very recently I enquired with a JUCO recruiting guru about him and I was told "he is batshit crazy". This being said, who knows...wish yall the best with him. He definitely looks like a workout wizard and a future MMA fighter.
Thanks for letting me post.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoopsGuy wrote:Been watching the recruitment of Sammis Reyes for several months with respect to another unnamed school. We wish you the best with Sammis. During my research of him I was told by a coach in his JUCO conference that we "didn't want to go there" with respect to signing him. Very recently I enquired with a JUCO recruiting guru about him and I was told "he is batshit crazy". This being said, who knows...wish yall the best with him. He definitely looks like a workout wizard and a future MMA fighter.
It's about time we began recruiting and signing some "batshit crazy " players...The rebellion has begun !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

HoopsGuy wrote:Been watching the recruitment of Sammis Reyes for several months with respect to another unnamed school. We wish you the best with Sammis. During my research of him I was told by a coach in his JUCO conference that we "didn't want to go there" with respect to signing him. Very recently I enquired with a JUCO recruiting guru about him and I was told "he is batshit crazy". This being said, who knows...wish yall the best with him. He definitely looks like a workout wizard and a future MMA fighter.
Very interesting. On another forum last night, I noted there was something weird about his game log from last year. He'd have games of 18/9/3 and then the next game he'd be 0-2 from the floor.

Beyond the physical, the kid has a very interesting skill set. He both likes to dunk on people and yet he's a very good passer.

The good news is, we have an authority-worthy adult who recruited him, and he's the guy most likely to help him get his head on straight.
lurker123
Swell

Dunleavy has 17 years coaching in NBA, the pre-eminent "players" league. I expect he has the skills to manage any high maintenance and "needy" recruit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Reminds me of Dylan O but with more athleticism.
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

There are a few snippets which highlight his defense and ball handling but a series of dunks against smaller competition doesn't do much for me. Looks athletic.
lurker123
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:There are a few snippets which highlight his defense and ball handling but a series of dunks against smaller competition doesn't do much for me. Looks athletic.
Apparently it was a self-prepared/self-promoted recruiting video. (See the phone number and email insertions at beginning.) It is almost certain that Reyes's "advisors" edited the video to make it immediately eye-catching to college recruiters who might have an attention span of 15 seconds and wouldn't make it to the later more traditional parts of the video.

I agree giving "facials" to six foot defenders doesn't show much more than his athleticism but it worked here didn't it? He now will be working with a former NBA coach of the year. Would that have happened if had started the video with a demo of his quick footwork on defense?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Reminds me of Dylan O but with more athleticism.
phpBB [video]
Right. I loved Dylan b/c he was a banger. A tough guy. We hadn't had that in any sport in a long, long time. However he wasn't really a good player. This guy has a great deal more athleticism and will benefit from far superior coaching as compared to what DO got. It will be interesting.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm happy we got a player that seems like a pretty good one. But I'm concerned that the article said he's just the third frontcourt player eligible (this upcoming season) on the roster.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V