We try to tell them, but they don't listen

Talk about the latest recruits here.
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Why is this lunacy, Pete? I thought there were some obvious questions and some good discussion about exactly what the thread topic says. Stop posting just to see your name on the board.
Sure thing, bossman.... Yassir....

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
sader24
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote:Comparing SEC and Tulane is apples and oranges. The calibre of QBs signed by the SEC teams is far superior than those signed by Tulane and therefore when they don't earn the starting job would certainly have more options to play and start somewhere else. Lindsay Scott is a perfect example. If he doesn't start at LSU, he would have more options to transfer and play than say Couillette or Bradwell at Tulane. So the odds are he would transfer while the Tulane guys might stick it out longer to try to play at Tulane.

I was just about to write this verbatim. This is the answer. The SEC not only have a ton more options in general when they don't win the job because they were more highly recruited out of high school, but also many of these SEC teams keep bringing in 4 and 5* QB's every year that jump them. They take their shot at winning the job and if they don't they find somewhere else to play because they still have fairly decent options. Now I do think in Lindsey Scott's particular situation he made a mistake. He was very likely going to be a 4 year starter here in an offense tailored almost entirely to him and probably would've racked up some serious stats and wins in his time here. He clearly thought he would rather take a chance at starting there for 2 years than knowing he would start here for 4. Guys get swayed by the thought of running out in front of 90,000 people and forget that it's more fun to actually play in front of 10,000 people instead of stand on the sideline or be a tackling dummy in Baton Rouge or College Station or wherever. For some of those borderline guys though, they actually play up there and it turns out to be the right decision. Foster Moreau is one recently that comes to mind. He played alot last year for LSU as a True Freshmen and we were begging him to come here and they didn't give him an offer till around noon on signing day.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:Comparing SEC and Tulane is apples and oranges. The calibre of QBs signed by the SEC teams is far superior than those signed by Tulane and therefore when they don't earn the starting job would certainly have more options to play and start somewhere else. Lindsay Scott is a perfect example. If he doesn't start at LSU, he would have more options to transfer and play than say Couillette or Bradwell at Tulane. So the odds are he would transfer while the Tulane guys might stick it out longer to try to play at Tulane.

I was just about to write this verbatim. This is the answer. The SEC not only have a ton more options in general when they don't win the job because they were more highly recruited out of high school, but also many of these SEC teams keep bringing in 4 and 5* QB's every year that jump them. They take their shot at winning the job and if they don't they find somewhere else to play because they still have fairly decent options. Now I do think in Lindsey Scott's particular situation he made a mistake. He was very likely going to be a 4 year starter here in an offense tailored almost entirely to him and probably would've racked up some serious stats and wins in his time here. He clearly thought he would rather take a chance at starting there for 2 years than knowing he would start here for 4. Guys get swayed by the thought of running out in front of 90,000 people and forget that it's more fun to actually play in front of 10,000 people instead of stand on the sideline or be a tackling dummy in Baton Rouge or College Station or wherever. For some of those borderline guys though, they actually play up there and it turns out to be the right decision. Foster Moreau is one recently that comes to mind. He played alot last year for LSU as a True Freshmen and we were begging him to come here and they didn't give him an offer till around noon on signing day.
Well that seems fine in theory but doesn't the earlier posted data refute this? I'm specifically referring to QBs. And, oh by the way, we signed a QB out of Jesuit that is likely better than any QB LSU has had on their roster in recent years.