Welcome, Goodbye and Welcome Gage Mallory

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Mallory is also excited about playing in Tulane's option-based offense.

"I love the run," he said. "I love hitting people in the mouth. You can be the aggressor and I'd rather do that any day."
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aegis
High Tide

Denton Guyer has been a power in Denton over the last 7 years are so. They are fast and love to run. I think this is a good pick up. Wish TU would recruit N. Texas more.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

He looks good, and we beat Tulsa and Fresno State for him. He's not yet rated by any of the big 4 recruiting companies (ESPN/247/Rivals/Scout).
Aegis wrote:Denton Guyer has been a power in Denton over the last 7 years are so. They are fast and love to run. I think this is a good pick up. Wish TU would recruit N. Texas more.
Well, he is our 3rd Texas commit, so you may be getting your wish.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:He looks good, and we beat Tulsa and Fresno State for him. He's not yet rated by any of the big 4 recruiting companies (ESPN/247/Rivals/Scout).
Aegis wrote:Denton Guyer has been a power in Denton over the last 7 years are so. They are fast and love to run. I think this is a good pick up. Wish TU would recruit N. Texas more.
Well, he is our 3rd Texas commit, so you may be getting your wish.
I think we are going to see more and more Texas kids. I just absolutely love love love Mr. Mallory's quote being able to play multiple positions on the line and loving the run game.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I fully agree on Texas. It seems like Fritz is big on Georgia and Texas, so it should be interesting to see what the final composition of our class looks like.

Right now, we are:
3 Texas
2 Georgia
2 Louisiana
1 Alabama
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Gage just got his first rating - 2* by 247. Our class ranking has not been updated yet.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Gage-M ... tInterests
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Well, looks like he isn't coming per his Twitter today... Still not panicking 8-)

https://twitter.com/gagemallory
Aberzombie1892
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Well, looks like he isn't coming per his Twitter today... Still not panicking 8-)

At this rate, it may only be a matter of time until our class is at the absolute bottom of the AAC (assuming no Big 12 invite).

Edit: If he is leaving us for a Sunbelt/CUSA program, I will be furious.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's still only July. Signing day is six months away. A lot is going to change and hopefully for the better, depending on how Tulane shows this season, facility improvements, and conference realignment. This time one year ago we were stuck with Rick Dickson(who hadn't announced his retirement yet) and CJ.

Teenagers these days have no idea what commitment means. They are all over the place. Don't get upset over a seventeen year old kid's decisions. ( I have one). Young people these days want instant gratification, and if they don't get it, they go looking somewhere else to find it. They love to play it up in social media too. Look at all the transferring taking place in college athletics. It's an epidemic and isn't good for the kids or the colleges.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Well, looks like he isn't coming per his Twitter today... Still not panicking 8-)

to quote the Sheriff from the movie Cool Hand Luke...."what we have here is a failure to communicate"...I think there was a misunderstanding between Tulane and Mallory, causing him to decommit....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Maybe he was scared of Big XII competition.
God Bless Everyone!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

to quote the Sheriff from the movie Cool Hand Luke...."what we have here is a failure to communicate"...I think there was a misunderstanding between Tulane and Mallory, causing him to decommit....
What kind of miscommunication? We can't afford something like that right now.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:Maybe he was scared of Big XII competition.
Touche!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aannndd..... he's back.

Fear the Wave ‏@FearTheWaveBlog 3m3 minutes ago
Gage Mallory (OL - Argyle, TX) confirms that he has recommitted to Tulane. Holds 6 FBS offers. #gt17
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I think there was some static on the phone lines...out in Denton they are still using Tin Cans with piano wires, they have upgraded from using "string"...mobile communication is achieved by "carrier pigeon"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I think there was some static on the phone lines...out in Denton they are still using Tin Cans with piano wires, they have upgraded from using "string"...mobile communication is achieved by "carrier pigeon"
Golf, some parts of Denton are still on smoke signals for communication and from the weather outlook there was a strong wing that day so maybe some of the communications was lost. :mrgreen: On a side note, 17-18 year olds are indecisive, a lot can happen from now until February..
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Didn't want to play in the triple option:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... y_rec.html

As I have said before I love everything about WF but he needs to stop using the term and recently it appears he has. We run the spread option which is what many colleges run and that is what the term he seems to now be using when referencing our offense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Didn't want to play in the triple option:

As I have said before I love everything about WF but he needs to stop using the term and recently it appears he has. We run the spread option which is what many colleges run and that is what the term he seems to now be using when referencing our offense.
Recruiting today's kids the term "triple option" should be banned from every coach on our staff's vocabulary. It just isn't considered a "hip" offense with today's youth or fans.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

:cheers:
tpstulane wrote:

Recruiting today's kids the term "triple option" should be banned from every coach on our staff's vocabulary. It just isn't considered a "hip" offense with today's youth or fans.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote::cheers:
tpstulane wrote:

For sure!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

For sure!
just call it the "SRO"
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

For sure!
just call it the "SRO"
Just call it whatever you want as long as we can call it a "WIN" at the end of the day :mrgreen: