OLB - D/E Commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If you take a look at the 247sports list of 2017 commitments, Houston already has 16, Memphis 11, Cincinnati 12, etc. Its not like we're filling our class up early.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aberzombie1892
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:If you take a look at the 247sports list of 2017 commitments, Houston already has 16, Memphis 11, Cincinnati 12, etc. Its not like we're filling our class up early.
This is true - we currently have 7 commits after the DT commit from yesterday, and, assuming none of the other AAC teams have added players that have not yet been added to 247, which is unlikely, we are in the bottom 4 teams in the conference in terms of the number of total commits even with using the 7 number.

The 7 are:
CB Darius Campbell 3*
DT Caleb Sampson 3*
OG Charlie Clark 3*
QB Dane Ledford 2*
RB CJ Sturdivant 2*
WR Jaetavian Toles Unrated (will likely be 2*)
DE Evan Reese Unrated (will likely be 2*)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like Evan Reese has decommitted. I don't think its a big loss. Everyone complained that he didn't have any decent offers when he committed. He's only a two star, and we've since gotten commitments from Caleb Sampson and Will Wallace at the same position. Could be Fritz has someone else lined up already.
https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status ... 0846314496
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

From following recruiting on Twitter it looks like Fritz is really trying to step it up in recruiting by going after 3 stars commits to schools like Louisville, Houston and Vanderbilt. He must have finally realized that his SamHouston/Georgia Southern caliber player won't cut it in the AAC. He has to recruit to a higher level if he is going to win at Tulane. Lets hope he can close the deal on several three stars by signing day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:From following recruiting on Twitter it looks like Fritz is really trying to step it up in recruiting by going after 3 stars commits to schools like Louisville, Houston and Vanderbilt. He must have finally realized that his SamHouston/Georgia Southern caliber player won't cut it in the AAC. He has to recruit to a higher level if he is going to win at Tulane. Lets hope he can close the deal on several three stars by signing day.
Right. You can't win in the AAC with 2 star kids. Let's just hope he can start landing the 3 star kid on a regular basis.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:From following recruiting on Twitter it looks like Fritz is really trying to step it up in recruiting by going after 3 stars commits to schools like Louisville, Houston and Vanderbilt. He must have finally realized that his SamHouston/Georgia Southern caliber player won't cut it in the AAC. He has to recruit to a higher level if he is going to win at Tulane. Lets hope he can close the deal on several three stars by signing day.
I've noticed the same. I don't guess there's a limit to the number of offers, but I'm sure they only offer players they think they have a shot at. Its sort of like baseball - you can't hit a home run with the bat on your shoulder.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
I've noticed the same. I don't guess there's a limit to the number of offers, but I'm sure they only offer players they think they have a shot at. Its sort of like baseball - you can't hit a home run with the bat on your shoulder.
I think Robert is right, and there's a delicate balance of over offering and not enough space on the roster. Things are looking up for the Greenies in recruiting. ROLL DAMN WAVE!