WR commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

So that makes 2 TX, 1 GA, and 1 AL. It's interesting, if nothing else.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:So that makes 2 TX, 1 GA, and 1 AL. It's interesting, if nothing else.
Interssting, in that he is looking for players that can handle the academics and participate in practice..a really novel idea..one that CJ knew nothing about...now about those "Big Thumpers" from the NOLA schools that CJ bragged about, are there any left ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:So that makes 2 TX, 1 GA, and 1 AL. It's interesting, if nothing else.
Interssting, in that he is looking for players that can handle the academics and participate in practice..a really novel idea..one that CJ knew nothing about...now about those "Big Thumpers" from the NOLA schools that CJ bragged about, are there any left ?
Well, he's also another undersized, lightly recruited skill position guy, so all duly noted.

Also, don't be surprised when Fritz gets a couple of CJs recruits who haven't contributed to start looking like players.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Well, he's also another undersized, lightly recruited skill position guy, so all duly noted.

Also, don't be surprised when Fritz gets a couple of CJs recruits who haven't contributed to start looking like players.
I hope you are correct and they get off of their collective lazy ass's and contribute...
glennc
Low Tide

I am not excited. We are once again recruiting against schools some people never even heard of.
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:from Craig James' old high school

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... river_home

"Toles said he plans on majoring in mechanical engineering once he gets to school."

Didn't we have a big rigmarole on here about Cowen eliminating the engineering program? Did I miss something? I really don't know.
God Bless Everyone!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Based on his track record I must trust that Fritz knows what kind of talent will work in his system, otherwise he will be in for a rude awakening when conference play begins. We will probably have to win games and improve the facilities before we can elevate the level of recruiting.
nawlinspete
Riptide

glennc wrote:I am not excited. We are once again recruiting against schools some people never even heard of.
Ditto
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
glennc wrote:I am not excited. We are once again recruiting against schools some people never even heard of.
Ditto
I worry that if better programs offer our 5 commits, those commits would jump ship - Tulane is hands down the best offer that any of them have at this time and it's not even close (aside from one potential exception of Charlie Clark w/Georgia Southern). Darius Campbell, our highest rated recruit on the 247 Composite, recently even gushed about hoping to get an offer from USM.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:
Ditto
I agree, this sounds just like some of those terrible WR's that Texas Tech signs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Any one of these recruits gets an offer from a P5 school and they'll immediately get another star, going up from none to two or two to three stars.

That being said, I hope Coach Fritz and staff are not shocked at how much more talented the AAC is than the Sun Belt. CJ and his staff were certainly surprised at how much better it was than C-USA, and the better C-USA programs either moved with us or a year or so prior. (Ok, we all know the founding C-USA members had attrition to the Big East but that was a long time ago and when the Big East was a Power Conference.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V