Justin Moore

Talk about the latest recruits here.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Asking for his release from Tulane. College Basketball world is so messed up these days.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:Asking for his release from Tulane. College Basketball world is so messed up these days.
Just a guess. He probably didn't like the fact that he'd be redshirted.
Don't sweat it Dunleavy will bring in a better player.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

Keepwaiting for this great recruiting that Dunleavy is supposedly going to be doing. All quiet on the Western front.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavemania wrote:Keepwaiting for this great recruiting that Dunleavy is supposedly going to be doing. All quiet on the Western front.
He didn't have any room. This may open a spot but most of the top players have signed. He may roll this over to next season.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

wavemania wrote:Keepwaiting for this great recruiting that Dunleavy is supposedly going to be doing. All quiet on the Western front.
Well you certainly aren't going to get it in a spring signing period when most of the talent Was signed 6 months prior. Conroy's best class largely came out of spring, but as we saw, it was flawed.
My sense is that our staff isn't exactly mourning this "decision".

By my count, we now have 2 spots open.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Asking for his release from Tulane. College Basketball world is so messed up these days.
Yep.

It's amusing how everyone continues to "assume the worst" with every piece of news that comes across. That's Dickson's legacy of failure. I have zero concerns that Dunleavy will bring plenty of talent and coach it correctly.
Bearwave
High Tide

Man and I really like Justin Moore! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_61chfSDxs
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
JerseyWave
Riptide

So if Justin Moore is able to get released from his signed letter of intent and reopen his recruitment, couldn't Lindsey Scott do the same?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:Man and I really like Justin Moore! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_61chfSDxs
Multi-talented! Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

JerseyWave wrote:So if Justin Moore is able to get released from his signed letter of intent and reopen his recruitment, couldn't Lindsey Scott do the same?
He could but not sure if he would be eligible immediately since the coaching staff he signed with is still there.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
lurker123
Swell

Bearwave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:So if Justin Moore is able to get released from his signed letter of intent and reopen his recruitment, couldn't Lindsey Scott do the same?
He could but not sure if he would be eligible immediately since the coaching staff he signed with is still there.
OK. To repeat, first the school has to release you from LOI. Then the NCAA has to accept waiver of transfer rules because of the coaching change. Otherwise the player sits out.

Does anyone think LSU will release Lindsey Scott? If so, does anyone think they will not attach conditions to it as to where he could (re)sign? Finally NCAA has to approve as well. Alot of ifs here for someone who has given no public indication he does not intend to go to LSU.

Too bad but scenario now is basically Scott made his bed and now will have to lay in it.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer about this knowing the challenge for 2016 Tulane currently has at QB. However Tulane is more likely to be invited to rejoin the SEC than seeing Scott in green for 2016. At best maybe this is Lester Ricard redux and we see him in 2018?
bananax07
Ripple

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yep.

It's amusing how everyone continues to "assume the worst" with every piece of news that comes across. That's Dickson's legacy of failure. I have zero concerns that Dunleavy will bring plenty of talent and coach it correctly.
it may be amusing, but i don't think it's completely baseless to be skeptical about coaches who haven't coached a game yet, regardless of the apparent competence of who's in charge now
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

bananax07 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yep.

it may be amusing, but i don't think it's completely baseless to be skeptical about coaches who haven't coached a game yet, regardless of the apparent competence of who's in charge now
Ok, as long as you are willing to discount the 1300+ NBA games he's coached, then yes he hasn't coached a game yet. Obviously there are things we don't know, but if you choose to look at Dunleavy and focus on his lack of college experience then I'll reiterate that's Dickson's legacy of expecting failure.
nawlinspete
Riptide

+1

And with basketball coaches all over the world wanting to coach with him Dunleavy has still not completed his staff, yet alone finished 2016 recruiting.

Just facts, not hype.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dunleavy is receiving advice from Jay Wright and his son Baker......Two guys that just coached their team to the National Championship. He is talking to the right people.
nawlinspete
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:Dunleavy is receiving advice from Jay Wright and his son Baker......Two guys that just coached their team to the National Championship. He is talking to the right people.
Not a good sign if our new coach does not himself know what to do and does not trust his instincts and his AD.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .