First Commit for 2017

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

So he's committed to us since February. Then what's this all about?
Campbell also has offers from Louisiana-Monroe, UTSA, Troy, Jackson State, McNeese State and South Alabama. Though, he's hoping to secure an offer from Southern Miss at its upcoming camp this weekend.

He said: "(Southern Miss) is close to home so my mom could come to my games and it feels like home, too. It's not to far from Louisiana so I could come back at anytime."
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

We make him feel like he's home when he visits, but Southern Miss feels like home, too. Can't imagine he'd choose CUSA over the American. But who knows. A lot of how firm our commits end up will depend on the upcoming season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:We make him feel like he's home when he visits, but Southern Miss feels like home, too. Can't imagine he'd choose CUSA over the American. But who knows. A lot of how firm our commits end up will depend on the upcoming season.
Yep. Come on 6 wins.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:We make him feel like he's home when he visits, but Southern Miss feels like home, too. Can't imagine he'd choose CUSA over the American. But who knows. A lot of how firm our commits end up will depend on the upcoming season.
Well as we all know I can read minds . :mrgreen:

Reading between the lines it seems like he might like a little distance from an overbearing mom. No matter what some say USM is thought of as being good and is coming off a good season. While we see a vast difference in the conferences not everybody does. The AAC needs a good 5 year run to truly separate itself. One down, 4 to go.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Actually, last year was year 2 of a great run. 2014 was as good of a year for the AAC as 2015.

And if the young man is trolling for offers from the likes of USM, I'd not lose any sleep if he goes there over Tulane. As a matter of fact, if we have a surprisingly good season and recruits are flocking to play for Coach Fritz, I would remember his statements about accepting our offer but "hoping for an offer" from USM.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As far as football it was year one of the hoped for run.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

You're right, I thought UCF beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl following the 2014 season. It was the 2013 season. My bad.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

He was our highest rated recruit. WTF is going on here?
RobertM320
Green Wave

He also said back when he first committed that he was waiting on an offer from USM. I've been expecting him to do this for some time. Lets watch and see where he ends up.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

(expletive).

EDIT: He's already gone from 247:

http://tulane.247sports.com/Season/2017 ... ll/Commits
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Well damn. That sucks, but who knows, he might still land as a Greenie. I wouldn't hold my breath on it, but there's a chance. Still not worried about the recruiting class until we get some games in. We are less than 30 days till CFB kick off.... I can almost smell football
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Goodness...7 months until signing day and already some are ready to jump off a cliff !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:Looks like he has decommitted.

https://twitter.com/lah_deee/status/761266375880912896

I just caught this, but he's a local who referred to TU as the University of Tulane? Guess he was never really committed anyways
RobertM320
Green Wave

Coincidence? I think not. This kid obviously wanted to go to USM all along, he just had to wait for them to offer him.
deeno ‏@lah_deee Aug 1
Blessed to receive my 8th offer from Southern Miss #savage17
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Coincidence? I think not. This kid obviously wanted to go to USM all along, he just had to wait for them to offer him.
deeno ‏@lah_deee Aug 1
We may just have to schedule USM in 2019 and smoke them.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Coincidence? I think not. This kid obviously wanted to go to USM all along, he just had to wait for them to offer him.
deeno ‏@lah_deee Aug 1
We may just have to schedule USM in 2019 and smoke them.
aahhhh...Hattiesburg....the tall trees, the clean air...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

Better to loose him now. We have time to find a better replacement once recruits see how this program in improving
RobertM320
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:He also said back when he first committed that he was waiting on an offer from USM. I've been expecting him to do this for some time. Lets watch and see where he ends up.
Just an update on Darius Campbell.

He committed to us, then he decommited.

Then he got the offer he supposedly was looking for from USM.

But then, he committed to Jackson State.

And then tonight, I guess he got the P5 offer he was ultimately wanting, so he flipped to Colorado State. So I guess all the stuff he said 8 months ago about being close enough so his mom could see him play didn't really mean a thing.
https://twitter.com/lah_deee/status/825906640125825024
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
And then tonight, I guess he got the P5 offer he was ultimately wanting, so he flipped to Colorado State.
When did Colorado State get in a P5?
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
And then tonight, I guess he got the P5 offer he was ultimately wanting, so he flipped to Colorado State.
When did Colorado State get in a P5?
Right. Mountain West is G5
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

My bad. Its late and I've been busy. Just seemed like they've put so much resources into Louisiana.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The young man is now "dead to me"....Mommy must have won the Louisiana Lottery so she can afford all of those flights into Denver...or he is sick of mommy and wants to get the hell away from her