Talk about the latest recruits here.
puffy
Surge

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... ce-edwards

https://twitter.com/CoachWEFritz/status ... 6036414464

3* OT from Port Orange, FL
Offers from WVU, Iowa State, Boise St and a few other G5s
6'7", 270# :mrgreen:
Last edited by puffy on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Really solid.
puffy
Surge

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/statu ... 8490073088

Andrew Lopez
‏@_Andrew_Lopez

Spruce Creek OL Lawrence Edwards is headed to Georgia Southern now. No longer a #Tulane commitment.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

puffy wrote:https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/statu ... 8490073088

Andrew Lopez
‏@_Andrew_Lopez

Spruce Creek OL Lawrence Edwards is headed to Georgia Southern now. No longer a #Tulane commitment.
I smell academic issues.....
posse
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
puffy wrote:https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/statu ... 8490073088

Andrew Lopez
‏@_Andrew_Lopez

I smell academic issues.....

I thought Tulane athletic standards were now the same as any other NCAA school?.....Are we? or has nothing really changed? If he can't get into Tulane, then why can GSU take him? I'm tired of hearing these same old Tulane excuses...academics!
Lang5
Ripple

The lack of oline recruits is starting to concern me
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Well that stinks. That kid looks like a monster.

I can understand being left for a LSU or a P5. But GSU? Didn't we just take the best part of the GSU program?
RobertM320
Green Wave

There's a difference between academic standards and academic issues. It doesn't do any good to bring a kid in if he obviously can't handle the workload. It seems a good number of the kids CWF has been pursuing are pretty good students as well, so we'll see. I think you have to give Fritz a pass on everything this year. Let him win 6-7 games next season and be competitive in the rest, and we'll be beating the recruits off with a stick next year!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:There's a difference between academic standards and academic issues. It doesn't do any good to bring a kid in if he obviously can't handle the workload. It seems a good number of the kids CWF has been pursuing are pretty good students as well, so we'll see. I think you have to give Fritz a pass on everything this year. Let him win 6-7 games next season and be competitive in the rest, and we'll be beating the recruits off with a stick next year!

Exactly but still disappointing.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
posse
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote:There's a difference between academic standards and academic issues. It doesn't do any good to bring a kid in if he obviously can't handle the workload. It seems a good number of the kids CWF has been pursuing are pretty good students as well, so we'll see. I think you have to give Fritz a pass on everything this year. Let him win 6-7 games next season and be competitive in the rest, and we'll be beating the recruits off with a stick next year!

But I thought we had athletic friendly majors, i.e. PE or something like PE major that Tulane had another name for?
RobertM320
Green Wave

We've added some, but I don't think PE is one of them. Also, friendly doesn't mean its basket weaving. The players needs to be able to read and write at an adult level, and I'm willing to bet there will be some NLI's faxed tomorrow across the country from kids that aren't capable of college studies. Not that this has anything to do with Mr. Edwards, I frankly have no idea. Just making a point.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson