Ty Pigrome thread

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Figured since Scott is gone and we never did have a thread on Tyrrell Pigrome, we should have one.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Anyone see this? Says that Ty Pigrome committed to us today.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... ll-pigrome
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

These days until it's up on Twitter, nothing is official. ESPN also has several other guys still committed to Tulane, but decommitted long ago.
RobertM320
Green Wave

But this lists his commitment date as today.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

It's either a bizarre mistake or a very interesting development.
nawlinspete
Riptide

C'mon Ty, make ESPN right, do right for yourself and enjoy success as a Greenie.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
anEngineer
Riptide

James Smith is writing that he suspects Pigrome to have trouble qualifying academically wherever he goes. If that's true he's not even an option for this year (maybe never). It looks like it's going to be Bradwell, Brantley or Cuillette unless there is a very late surprise.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Jimmy "Tiger" says Pigrome is a questionable qualifier. The staff will have to make due with Bradswell and Brantley. Time for Fritz to work on his 2017 quarterback.
TU23
High Tide

Jimmy has no clue what he's talking about regarding Tulane or any of the players we are recruiting. He made repeated references in the chat to players coming to Tulane who have committed to other schools. The staff wouldn't be expending this much time and energy on a guy who they think won't qualify. Neither would Maryland or VT. You see kids like Travez Moore from Bastrop who isn't going to qualify....he gets almost no recruiting attention. Take what Jimmy says about Tulane with a grain of salt.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Do we know for sure how much effort has been put in? He was here on Jan 15th for his OV but do we know anything else for sure?
anEngineer
Riptide

TU23 wrote:Jimmy has no clue what he's talking about regarding Tulane or any of the players we are recruiting. He made repeated references in the chat to players coming to Tulane who have committed to other schools. The staff wouldn't be expending this much time and energy on a guy who they think won't qualify. Neither would Maryland or VT. You see kids like Travez Moore from Bastrop who isn't going to qualify....he gets almost no recruiting attention. Take what Jimmy says about Tulane with a grain of salt.
Maryland and Va. Tech are at VERY different levels of immediate need than Tulane. I am not claiming to know anything personally about Pigrome's academic status and I understand that Jimmy Smith is a big LSU guy, but if he can't qualify, he is not doing anybody any good this year. If Jimmy Smith is willing to throw that out there, there must be something to it and the effort to sign quality players at this stage of the game might be better spent elsewhere.
Wavetime
Swell

Maryland is ranked by USN&WR at #57. Maryland is also an AAU member. If they think they can get him qualified, then I'm sure we feel the same exact way. I don't buy what Mr. Smith is selling.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Wavetime wrote:Maryland is ranked by USN&WR at #57. Maryland is also an AAU member. If they think they can get him qualified, then I'm sure we feel the same exact way. I don't buy what Mr. Smith is selling.

As TU23 pointed out Smith incorrectly, in his blog today, referred to several players as Tulane commits or prospects who have committed elsewhere or are no longer being pursued by Tulane.

Mr Smith continues to do his best to undermine Tulane with half truths and outright lies.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
puffy
Surge

Things seem to be pretty silent the last few days in regards to Pigrome. Can't stay any quieter for much longer though.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not to put a damper on anyone's #Fritzmas eve, but I had this nagging thought. What if Pigrome doesn't make his decision tomorrow? Imagine the anticipation if it carries on a few more days or weeks. Has he actually said he's going to sign tomorrow? Just wondering.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like we won't find out until this afternoon.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016 ... um=twitter
1) All Eyes on Pig
Mr. Football runner-up Ty Pigrome is weighing his options. Hope he got some sleep this week. Tulane. Virginia Tech. Maryland. And don't forget any last-minute, 11th-hour recruiting pitches.

The Birmingham area's top offensive talent in 2015 will likely take his recruiting decision to Wednesday afternoon's press conference at the school (1:45 pm). His dual-threat talents made him nearly unbeatable during two seasons as a Clay-Chalkville's starters. Starting next fall, dozens of college football programs believe he can do the same.
RobertM320
Green Wave

puffy
Surge

Fritz will get the Scott and Pigrome level qbs next season.
RobertM320
Green Wave

puffy wrote:Fritz will get the Scott and Pigrome level qbs next season.
I think so as well. Just the fact we were among their final choices is a change from the past. Add winning and some plans for new facilities to the mix. Also, the more I look at highlights, I like this kid Johnathan Brantley out of Houston. Tall kid, somewhat lanky, but looks good on tape.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
puffy wrote:Fritz will get the Scott and Pigrome level qbs next season.
I think so as well. Just the fact we were among their final choices is a change from the past. Add winning and some plans for new facilities to the mix. Also, the more I look at highlights, I like this kid Johnathan Brantley out of Houston. Tall kid, somewhat lanky, but looks good on tape.
That's why Chase Fourcade decided to stay with N State instead of signing with Maryland.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

I'm thinking the Maryland offer to Fourcade was a conditional one.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote:I'm thinking the Maryland offer to Fourcade was a conditional one.
I never heard that before. But maybe so.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am not worried about the QB position, I think the QB's from Florida or Houston will manage the game very well.... this opens a schollie for a JC or Grad transfer needed on the Line....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like LSU may lose that #1 recruiting class title after all. They had one guy flip to Clemson today, and Erick Fowler chose Texas over LSU.
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:I am not worried about the QB position, I think the QB's from Florida or Houston will manage the game very well.... this opens a schollie for a JC or Grad transfer needed on the Line....
I agree. How much difference is there between a 2 star and a 3 star dual threat QB? At that level, they are all better runners than passers. Maybe Pigrome had better coaching in high school and gave him better opportunities. We have two signed with Cuillette already on board. If we have a good coaching staff, it won't matter at all.