Ty Pigrome thread

Talk about the latest recruits here.
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:I am not worried about the QB position, I think the QB's from Florida or Houston will manage the game very well.... this opens a schollie for a JC or Grad transfer needed on the Line....
+1. Both QBs we did land look like really good athletes

anEngineer
Riptide

For whatever it really means, Rivals numerical ratings for the QBs in the mix are:
Pigrome 5.6
Scott 5.5
Bradwell 5.3
Brantley 5.2
Three stars starts at 5.5. Since it's politics season, I would say all are well within the margin of error.
puffy
Surge

The Brantley kid might end up being the best of all of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI4ogJju7nI

Tight, quick release and fluid running motion. Looks like he can add another 15-20# without losing much speed. I would not be shocked if he was pushing for the starting job by the end of Fall camp.
JerseyWave
Riptide

puffy wrote:The Brantley kid might end up being the best of all of them:

Tight, quick release and fluid running motion. Looks like he can add another 15-20# without losing much speed. I would not be shocked if he was pushing for the starting job by the end of Fall camp.

Doug Ruse said Brantley has not been playing quarterback for very long. He could be the perfect under the radar kid. I like his film, but I would guess he redshirts in 2016 because the other three QBs on the roster will be way ahead of him from spring practice.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:
puffy wrote:The Brantley kid might end up being the best of all of them:

Doug Ruse said Brantley has not been playing quarterback for very long. He could be the perfect under the radar kid. I like his film, but I would guess he redshirts in 2016 because the other three QBs on the roster will be way ahead of him from spring practice.
Not sure about that. I have a hard time believing Powell will see time under any circumstances. There's absolutely no way he's a fit for the offense even if he were any good.

I've never seen Cuillette run, but I don't know how a "CJ" type QB would fit in CWF offense.

Don't think we have the bodies to redshirt a dual threat QB.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote:For whatever it really means, Rivals numerical ratings for the QBs in the mix are:
Pigrome 5.6
Scott 5.5
Bradwell 5.3
Brantley 5.2
Three stars starts at 5.5. Since it's politics season, I would say all are well within the margin of error.
Right. I'm still not convinced we didn't get the best of the bunch in Bradwell.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wavetime wrote:Maryland is ranked by USN&WR at #57. Maryland is also an AAU member. If they think they can get him qualified, then I'm sure we feel the same exact way. I don't buy what Mr. Smith is selling.
Just a few days ago one of the big services (ESPN?) said he committed to Tulane. Maryland got commitment. I have no clue as to his academic status, but I wish him all the best. Maybe we see him in a bowl game someday!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not sure if anyone noticed but Ty Pigrome started today for Maryland in their 31-10 loss to Minnesota.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson