Doug Coleman switches to Texas Tech

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
puffy
Surge

Important commit, even if Tulane doesn't get his quarterback to tag along.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Definitely a good pick up at a position of need. Glad to see him get on board.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
kingcole
Low Tide

Was watching a prep football replay and they said he impressed at the Miss St camp at DB.
greenphantom
Swell

He looks very underrated in his video. Good ball skills. Could be another Jeremy Williams/Ryan Grant.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This a great pickup. I watched the Zachary vs John Ehret State Championship game replay the other day just to see Lindsey Scott. I was extremely impressed with Coleman and kept thinking that Tulane should offer him. He's a big strong WR with good moves and excellent ball skills. He has deceptive speed in that he's so big he doesn't look fast but nobody catches him from behind. Sorta like Leonard Fournette looks like in an open field. He'll be a great replacement for Veal. Now bring Lindsey along so we can have the Terrence Jones / Marc Zeno high school connection once again!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

The Coleman kid's commitment will greatly influence Scott's decision. Perhaps it only increases Tulane's chances from a 5% probability to 10%, but it makes a greater difference than all the snow that has fallen in Syracuse this year.
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:The Coleman kid's commitment will greatly influence Scott's decision. Perhaps it only increases Tulane's chances from a 5% probability to 10%, but it makes a greater difference than all the snow that has fallen in Syracuse this year.

Certainly, a good sign! Hope we get Scott. If not, I am sure Coach will find who he needs. What an exciting time for Tulane athletics!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just remember, its not over till its over.

Douglas Coleman ‏@McMvp15 18m18 minutes ago
Blessed To Receive An Offer From Texas Tech #RedRaiders
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Just remember, its not over till its over.

Douglas Coleman ‏@McMvp15 18m18 minutes ago
Blessed To Receive An Offer From Texas Tech #RedRaiders
Here they come. (the P5 offers) :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

I guess this is the point where the P5s that missed out on players they originally wanted go down their list and just start throwing offers at any G5 commit. With the offense that TexasTech runs, he might find it enticing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I guess this is the point where the P5s that missed out on players they originally wanted go down their list and just start throwing offers at any G5 commit. With the offense that TexasTech runs, he might find it enticing.
Since my wife does not read this forum...let me say this...one of the best sights you will ever see, is Lubbock in the rear view mirror.... gawd, what a boring azz place to be...my wife grew up there, graduated from Tech, and even she does not want to go back there to live.... a nice place to visit for two days...but 5 years of your life ?!?!?...especially if you are from Zachary Louisiana.... mom and dad sure won't be driving very often to see ya play...the closest Big 12 game would be UT-Austin and that is about a 7 1/2 hour drive from Zachary...to drive from Zachary to Lubbock is close to 13 to 14 hours...and by the way, the wind never stops blowing in Lubbock, and it gets cold as holy hell during the winter...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jerit Roser ‏@JeritRoser 50m50 minutes ago
#Zachary WR, #Tulane commit Doug Coleman (@McMvp15), now w/ #TexasTech offer, plans to visit #TTU this weekend:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ulane.html
puffy
Surge

The article in the T-P suggested that TTech is recruiting Coleman because of his ability to play in the secondary. Tech has 22 WRs currently on their roster. If he wants to play WR, he sticks with his Tulane commitment. If he wants P5...he should still stick with Tulane because Tech is basically a university in the middle of a desert.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote:The article in the T-P suggested that TTech is recruiting Coleman because of his ability to play in the secondary. Tech has 22 WRs currently on their roster. If he wants to play WR, he sticks with his Tulane commitment. If he wants P5...he should still stick with Tulane because Tech is basically a university in the middle of a desert.
+1
I was about to post something similar. But I hate that he's committed to us but still taking a visit.
Red Raiders have expressed interest in the 6-foot-1, 175-pound standout's potential to play in the secondary, where he excelled in an increasing role throughout his senior season.
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
puffy wrote:The article in the T-P suggested that TTech is recruiting Coleman because of his ability to play in the secondary. Tech has 22 WRs currently on their roster. If he wants to play WR, he sticks with his Tulane commitment. If he wants P5...he should still stick with Tulane because Tech is basically a university in the middle of a desert.
+1
I was about to post something similar. But I hate that he's committed to us but still taking a visit.
Red Raiders have expressed interest in the 6-foot-1, 175-pound standout's potential to play in the secondary, where he excelled in an increasing role throughout his senior season.
We've all learned that a verbal commitment is worth less than the tweet where it's announced. Besides, I can't think of very many recruits in the last five years that reneged on a verbal commitment to Tulane that amounted to very much.
greenphantom
Swell

puffy wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
+1
We've all learned that a verbal commitment is worth less than the tweet where it's announced. Besides, I can't think of very many recruits in the last five years that reneged on a verbal commitment to Tulane that amounted to very much.
+1. Lyn Clark comes to mind. Louisville became his dream school about a week before signing day. Now a reserve at Northwestern St.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The weather in Lubbock this week end will be very nice...mid 70's with an 18 to 25 MPH wind...last week end it was 20 degrees !!!...
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:I guess this is the point where the P5s that missed out on players they originally wanted go down their list and just start throwing offers at any G5 commit. With the offense that TexasTech runs, he might find it enticing.
Since my wife does not read this forum...let me say this...one of the best sights you will ever see, is Lubbock in the rear view mirror.... gawd, what a boring azz place to be...my wife grew up there, graduated from Tech, and even she does not want to go back there to live.... a nice place to visit for two days...but 5 years of your life ?!?!?...especially if you are from Zachary Louisiana.... mom and dad sure won't be driving very often to see ya play...the closest Big 12 game would be UT-Austin and that is about a 7 1/2 hour drive from Zachary...to drive from Zachary to Lubbock is close to 13 to 14 hours...and by the way, the wind never stops blowing in Lubbock, and it gets cold as holy hell during the winter...
So true. The people in Lubbock wander around like zombies looking for something to do. Same in Amarillo, where I once lived for a year. And as far as the weather, hopefully they'll have one of their frequent dust storms going with he arrives. My brother once was recruited by the TT basketball program, as soon as he stepped off the plane he was hit in the face with blowing dirt, immediately ending any chance of him accepting their offer. Blowing dirt is the usual condition in the Texas panhandle and western Oklahoma and western Kansas--I know because I grew up in those areas.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
So true. The people in Lubbock wander around like zombies looking for something to do. Same in Amarillo, where I once lived for a year. And as far as the weather, hopefully they'll have one of their frequent dust storms going with he arrives. My brother once was recruited by the TT basketball program, as soon as he stepped off the plane he was hit in the face with blowing dirt, immediately ending any chance of him accepting their offer. Blowing dirt is the usual condition in the Texas panhandle and western Oklahoma and western Kansas--I know because I grew up in those areas.
iz idea

I had a great business plan for Lubbock, but my wife did not approve...Hand car washing by ladies in Bikini's !!!!...now, since we are bored, can anyone tell me how the "bikini" got it's name ?!?!?!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Ladies wearing bikinis in Lubbock would be at risk, as the blowing dirt would likely create serious abrasions upon their exposed bodies--essentially sandblasted. How did the bikini get its name?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:Ladies wearing bikinis in Lubbock would be at risk, as the blowing dirt would likely create serious abrasions upon their exposed bodies--essentially sandblasted. How did the bikini get its name?
The guy who came up with the design wanted a name that was catchy and newsworthy..at the time, nuclear testing was being done at the "Bikini Islands"

now ya know the rest of the story.... sorta like betting your "bottom dollar"...which means "all in"
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:Ladies wearing bikinis in Lubbock would be at risk, as the blowing dirt would likely create serious abrasions upon their exposed bodies--essentially sandblasted. How did the bikini get its name?
The guy who came up with the design wanted a name that was catchy and newsworthy..at the time, nuclear testing was being done at the "Bikini Islands"

now ya know the rest of the story.... sorta like betting your "bottom dollar"...which means "all in"
I guess both versions of "bikini" were explosive back then. In either case, Doug Coleman clearly should go to Tulane.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TT's Jabbar Juluke came in late and stole him. Formerly La Tech.
A former Green Wave basketball signee in Jabbar Juluke actually played a notable role in Coleman's decision to commit to the Red Raiders.

The New Orleans native recruited the Broncos' playmaker during his tenure at Louisiana Tech before accepting a position as Texas Tech's running backs coach Jan. 20.

"They have a great fan base, and some of the coaches that I talk to — Jabbar Juluke and (defensive coordinator David) Gibbs — they're nice men that, I guess, they really relate to their players," Coleman said. "They don't talk to me like I'm just any other kid. They talk to me like I'm their son, so I think we have a pretty good relationship."
Tulane Class of 1981