Tulane, in dire need of a quarterback, will bring in two QB recruits this weekend

Talk about the latest recruits here.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Of the 21 official visitors arriving on Tulane’s first recruiting weekend under new football coach Willie Fritz on Friday, two might receive extra attention.

The Green Wave needs another quarterback in the worst way after the departure of two-year starter Tanner Lee, who is visiting LSU this weekend, and both prospects who will be on campus won major awards in high school after posting prodigious numbers.

Lindsey Scott, a 6-foot, 205-pound three-star prospect from Zachary, committed to Syracuse in October, but the Orange fired the coaching staff that recruited him, and former Bowling Green coach Dino Babers replaced Scott Shafer. Scott was named the Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year, leading Zachary to its first state championship with a 46-12 thumping of John Ehret in the Class 5A title game. Scott ran for 265 yards in a semifinal victory and threw for 229 yards and three scores against John Ehret.

Ty Pigrome, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound three-star prospect from Clay-Chalkville (Alabama),........

Read More: http://theadvocate.com/sports/latestspo ... is-weekend

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Looks like Lindsey grew an inch in the last couple of weeks.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Between players leaving the program, CJ recruits de-committing, and graduation there's no shortage of available scholarships. I wonder if we'll have a full 85 scholarship player roster in 2016?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Between players leaving the program, CJ recruits de-committing, and graduation there's no shortage of available scholarships. I wonder if we'll have a full 85 scholarship player roster in 2016?
Good chance we won't CWF has said he won't sign players just to sign a full allotment. He is only signing players who can play at our desired level. Another plus to that is that we can then sign more players in next years class after they have seen us win.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

We lost 2 more today
GreenLantern
Riptide

chain gang x man wrote:We lost 2 more today
More information, please!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another advantage to not giving them all out on signing day is that after the spring he'll know much more about the team and can then try to get some graduate transfers in to help next year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

:cry:
GreenLantern wrote:
No kiddin'! You can't just leave us hanging like that. You couldn't either type out two names or at least provide a link?
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote::cry:
GreenLantern wrote:
No kiddin'! You can't just leave us hanging like that. You couldn't either type out two names or at least provide a link?
It may be these two....http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... iver_index
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote::cry:
GreenLantern wrote:
It may be these two....http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... iver_index
I'll get over it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

OK, I'm officially confused. If Lindsey Scott, Jr is supposedly here on his official visit, then what's he doing hanging around with the Syracuse OC?

Lindsey Scott, Jr. Retweeted
Mike McAllister ‏@McAllisterScout 4h4 hours ago
Mike McAllister Retweeted Lindsey Scott, Jr.
Syracuse QB commit hanging out with Syracuse OC Sean Lewis. Sounds like things are going well Mike McAllister added,
Embedded image permalink
Lindsey Scott, Jr. @_lj18_
Spending the day with this amazing guy! @TheOC_CoachLew
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/688116007404093446
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
billow
High Tide

The only thing I can think of is that Monday is national holiday and he is coming in Saturday & leaving Monday.
DrBox
Riptide

These are the only ones left of CJ's: Chris Johnson , Jacq’co Price, Eric Lewis, Deion Rainey, and Jonathan Wilson.
We lost 2 of those?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

billow wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Monday is national holiday and he is coming in Saturday & leaving Monday.
Or Mr. Alabama is going to commit and he decided to stick with Syracuse. Or Syracuse is worried about us stealing him and trying to block.
chain gang x man
Swell

Forgive me for not posting the name of the 2 we lost I had a 4yo granddaughter taking my iPad away so she could watch PBS
Kenny Hebert and Ronald Cherry
JerseyWave
Riptide

Anyone that has decommitted from Tulane over the past month has probably done so with the encouragement of Coach Fritz. It's a new ballgame now and I assume Fritz was under no obligation from Dannen to honor any of CJ's scholarship offers that he didn't want to. There was a tweet from one recruit that "Tulane did me wrong". And then he had an offer from Grambling St. I have complete trust in the new staff that they know what they are doing and will only bring guys in that can help the team win.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:Anyone that has decommitted from Tulane over the past month has probably done so with the encouragement of Coach Fritz. It's a new ballgame now and I assume Fritz was under no obligation from Dannen to honor any of CJ's scholarship offers that he didn't want to. There was a tweet from one recruit that "Tulane did me wrong". And then he had an offer from Grambling St. I have complete trust in the new staff that they know what they are doing and will only bring guys in that can help the team win.
I don't "tweet' but someone should have tweeted back...."but Tulane did itself right"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
puffy
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:OK, I'm officially confused. If Lindsey Scott, Jr is supposedly here on his official visit, then what's he doing hanging around with the Syracuse OC?

Syracuse QB commit hanging out with Syracuse OC Sean Lewis. Sounds like things are going well Mike McAllister added,
Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

Latest buzz on twitter is that Scott reaffirmed his commitment to 'Cuse (check the Orange OC twitter feed).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stephen_Bail ... 4204282880
ajcalhoun
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:Forgive me for not posting the name of the 2 we lost I had a 4yo granddaughter taking my iPad away so she could watch PBS
Kenny Hebert and Ronald Cherry
Totally forgiven! :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
ajcalhoun
Swell

puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:OK, I'm officially confused. If Lindsey Scott, Jr is supposedly here on his official visit, then what's he doing hanging around with the Syracuse OC?

Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

Latest buzz on twitter is that Scott reaffirmed his commitment to 'Cuse (check the Orange OC twitter feed).

I just went to 247 and they are Crystal Balling him 100% to Rutgers so who knows wtf is going on?
God Bless Everyone!
puffy
Surge

I think the signs are pointing to a young man from a small town in La who wants a changes in scenery.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
puffy wrote:

Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

I just went to 247 and they are Crystal Balling him 100% to Rutgers so who knows wtf is going on?
The kid would be making a mistake going to Cuse. Tulane will have a better football team than Cuse in less than two years.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
puffy wrote:

Embedded image permalink
4 retweets 14 likes
Reply Retweet 4
Like 14
More

The kid would be making a mistake going to Cuse. Tulane will have a better football team than Cuse in less than two years.
is he attending on a "lacrosse" grant in aid
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Let's go to the video... a list of prospects on campus this week end

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ros.html#0
cajunfanatico
Swell

puffy wrote:I think the signs are pointing to a young man from a small town in La who wants a changes in scenery.
I wonder if he's ever experienced -20F?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.