QB Darius Bradwell Commits to Tulane

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Darius Bradwell, former commit for GA Southern, announces plans to change to Tulane.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darius-Bradwell-78008

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Nice, had some quality offers.
GreenLantern
Riptide

• 6'1" 210lb
  • From Godby HS, Tallahasse, FL
  • Received offers from Oregon St, Louisville, USF, USM, Kent St, GA Southern
  • Scheduled for early enrollment at GA Southern
  • First committed to Kent St; changed to GA Southern
  • Father played at Louisville
  • 4.94 sec in 40; Benches 245; Squats 400
  • In track and field, ran 400M and also hurdles
  • Passing stats (sr. Year) 78/168 (46.4%) for 1097 yards, 11TD, and 9 int
  • Rushing stats (sr. Year) 1213 yards on 125 carries; avg 9.7 yards per carry
  • Honor student; planned to major in computer engineering
puffy
Surge

Nice pickup. Passing stats leave a little to be desired, but hopefully early enrollment and a redshirt season will get him on the right track.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

puffy wrote:Nice pickup. Passing stats leave a little to be desired, but hopefully early enrollment and a redshirt season will get him on the right track.
may have to consider who was catching the ball, or attempting to !!!!....He has some nice offers
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Very impressive film. Given his star/rating and offer list, I wasn't expecting more than a raw athlete trying to throw a football. But that kid is a quarterback who can run. I was equally impressed by his poise in the pocket and touch passes as I was the athleticism and arm and size (assuming its correct), which would seem to warrant more than 2 stars by themselves.

I don't spend much time looking at recruiting videos, but I'm having a hard time believing there are that many better dual threat QBs in high school right now. Bradwell as the trigger man in Fritz's offense looks like it would be really dangerous and really fun.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I thought Bradwell looked pretty good in his HUDL films. What jumped off the reels at me was his WR, #2, Michael Carrigan. I hope we go after this kid, even though he's not drawing a lot of attention.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2827118/hig ... 8056375/v2
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
puffy
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:
puffy wrote:Nice pickup. Passing stats leave a little to be desired, but hopefully early enrollment and a redshirt season will get him on the right track.
may have to consider who was catching the ball, or attempting to !!!!....He has some nice offers
We could say that about a lot of Tulane qbs, past and present. :mrgreen:
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I thought Bradwell looked pretty good in his HUDL films. What jumped off the reels at me was his WR, #2, Michael Carrigan. I hope we go after this kid, even though he's not drawing a lot of attention.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2827118/hig ... 8056375/v2
Dave, that can be an excellent strategy because the WR and QB enter college ball already with years of familiarity with one another.

Many years ago I recall a kid from Crowley High named Patrick Victor who could catch just about any ball thrown in his general vicinity. He had outstanding numbers in high school. McNeese came in and grabbed him and the quarterback both (a Morvant kid) and they kept playing right in stride once they got to Lake Charles.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jaxwave
Swell

4.94 forty doesn't translate well as running QB in college.
Show Me
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote:4.94 forty doesn't translate well as running QB in college.
+1
I was thinking the same thing. Not too impressed with that number.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Show Me wrote:
+1
I was thinking the same thing. Not too impressed with that number.
He was timed at 4.51 at Florida State camp last summer. He is also a sprinter on the track team. My concern is his accuracy throwing the ball.
TXWave88
Surge

A running QB does not have to run a 4.3. I do not think he runs a 4.9 and if he really does, he does not seem to lose any speed once he puts the pads on (think Lynaris Elpheage. He was not a burner in a 40, but we know what he could do on the field.) If he has a quick time from stop to top speed, then that is perfect for the read option. I would assume he is closer to the 4.5 than to 4.94. He was not getting walked down too much in his films, but it was his highlight reel. As others have noted, I do not think it will be his speed that will be the issue.
Show Me
Tsunami

I think he looks like Devin Powell in his film. I guess the player from Zachary is not coming.
OUG
Riptide

High school 40 times are all over the map, and the number of self-reported "4.4" and "4.5" times are highly suspicious.

Guys like DeVante Parker and Jalen Collins ran 4.45 and 4.48 last year. Lorenzo Doss ran a 4.5 and was a middle round pick. Remember, these guys are doing extensive training in how to shave hundreths of a second off their time in that drill for months leading up to the draft. You really think all these high school kids are out there running those times?

There's a few things going on here -- one is that they're not being timed with devices capable of identifying speed with this level of precision. Combines do. A coach with a stop watch can't. Look at how the WR times at the SPARQ combines are like 4.8. Second, the coach with the stop watch is trying to get the kid a college scholarship.

Just throw all the 40 time data you see on recruiting sites and in articles out the window. You aren't comparing apples to apples. Look at the tape and at the eye test. Is he one of, if not the fastest kid on the field? If yes, then he is fast enough.
OUG
Riptide

Show Me wrote:I think he looks like Devin Powell in his film. I guess the player from Zachary is not coming.
We are still actively recruiting him. I'd be shocked if we don't take at least two QBs in this class, given that we are transitioning to a new offense that is completely dependent on a different kind of QB than we have on our roster.
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote:I think he looks like Devin Powell in his film. I guess the player from Zachary is not coming.
I've never seen Powell run like that.
We certainly are actively recruiting Scott. the days of 1 QB every other year are over.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

This kid looks good on the film. And the 4.9 time isn't bad considering how big and strong he looks in the workout video. I also couldn't help but notice how good his high school's offensive line looked--they were big and could actually move. Hopefully we can pick one or two of the O linemen up.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
AugWave
Swell

LOLWUT? Dude looks nothing like Powell, except the fact that he's black. :shock:
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

:loony:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

AugWave wrote:
LOLWUT? Dude looks nothing like Powell, except the fact that he's black. :shock:
To quote a line from the film "Soul Man".... " do not see the world as black or white...but only shades of grey"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
AugWave wrote:
To quote a line from the film "Soul Man".... " do not see the world as black or white...but only shades of grey"

Lol!
Jonathan
Riptide

This guy is only a two star athlete. Are we crazy to offer him. We want only three,four and five stars!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I won't take the bait, Jonathan. I hope nobody else does, either.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

AugWave wrote:
I'm talking Powell in high school at O P Walker.
http://youtu.be/OUBfDvwLGYE