Jacoby Hill decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

I just watched the Hudl reel for this former Purdue commit, Jacoby Hill. He plays against teams that are talented and well coached. He clearly stands out for his up-field speed off the ball & he also has remarkable lateral movement with a strong motor. Very impressed with this commit!
We need to get it together on offense & special teams to retain some of these commits through the signing date. If we do, recruits like Jacoby Hill will become commonplace.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... end_j.html
wave97
Swell

FYI: 24/7 Sports makes no mention of Jacoby Hill giving a verbal to Tulane, it still shows him as a "hard commit" for Purdue. I do not see any statement on his twitter page to indicate a commit to Tulane.
IMHO, this young man, Jacoby Hill is going to be special. He plays responsibly (helps free up lb's), with very good technique, a strong motor and a degree athleticism that attracts double teams (which he routinely defeats).
I think he had a great weekend in New Orleans, but I would feel a lot better if there was more coming from his end about his commitment to Tulane.
capwave
High Tide

He use to have Purdue pics on front page of twitter and it has been replaced with a pic of him at Tulane. I take that as a good sign.
OUG
Riptide

He's a commit. His whole family was with him on the trip and took pics with CJ. The staff can't comment on individual recruits, but when this stuff gets out that someone has committed, it gets out for a reason. Coaches are professionals at recruiting, this isn't their first rodeo. When a recruit reportedly commits, you can usually take that to the bank. That is of course distinct from whether he later changes his mind and signs with another school.

FWIW, he seems like a good pickup. I don't know that he is a world-beater, but he seems commensurate with the talent level that CJ has brought in. We are close to turning the tide. I watched the highlights of the UH game the other day (a team that beat Pitt in a bowl game), and we basically beat them entirely with freshman and underclassmen. We just have to stop making ridiculous mistakes.
sader24
Tsunami

Nobody disputes the recruiting and talent level that CJ has brought in. Offensive and Special Teams Coaching, Conditioning, Discipline, and Game Management have all been way below par. FWIW I think this is another solid recruit.
Jonathan
Riptide

What we do dispute is CJ's play calling abilities I.e. A run up the middle for the first two plays,his not firing the Prices,being last year fourth in Louisiana recruiting and a pathetic three win losing season. Dickson bumped his salary to over a million dollars a year. No one will be in Yulman this year like the Superdome. If no winning season and bowl he should be history.
DrBox
Riptide

sader24 wrote:Nobody disputes the recruiting and talent level that CJ has brought in. Offensive and Special Teams Coaching, Conditioning, Discipline, and Game Management have all been way below par. FWIW I think this is another solid recruit.
Agree 100% with Sader
dpm wave
Swell

Re-affirmed commitment on twitter today.

https://twitter.com/Jacoby_hill15/statu ... 7264715776
wave97
Swell

This isn't good news, it's great news. Jacoby Hill has sufficient speed off of the ball that he has to be accounted for with two on offense. He currently plays a complete game, he does not sacrifice fellow d lineman and linebackers at the expense of his QB sack count. I very much look forward to watching his development as a potential impact player for Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

I'll worry about this come Signing Day. In the meantime all any of us can do is trust CWF.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just part of the process.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

I do not care who de commits but coach Willie needs to go immediately like coach Pierce and see and meet with each player to decide if we can save them or even want them Most of CJs recruits are trash.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

part of the process .... and best of luck to the young man
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I do not care who de commits but coach Willie needs to go immediately like coach Pierce and see and meet with each player to decide if we can save them or even want them Most of CJs recruits are trash.

F'ing ass-clown.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
wave97
Swell

Jonathan wrote:I do not care who de commits but coach Willie needs to go immediately like coach Pierce and see and meet with each player to decide if we can save them or even want them Most of CJs recruits are trash.
Why such language? I promise you, this young man is not trash!
I hope the new staff can reclaim this commit. If not, all the best to you Jacoby!
posse
High Tide

Where in the dead period. It would be against NCAA rules to meet with them at this time. I'm sure he will visit each commit in January...
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Cliche quotes.

WF wants to run a dynamic offense.