Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

If it is determined that he is unlikely to start next season or the season after, he will probably at least consider leaving. It wouldn't make sense to stay at the point.

Ruski
Swell

wave97 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Jeff Duncan column today:
Note: Coach O is going to sign "pro-style QB's"
for the future. I would expect to see Scott leaving LSU if that takes place.
If Coach Orgeron wins out at LSU & is retained as Head Coach he should look to Mark Whipple as a hire for OC and Liam Coen, currently OC at Maine as QB Coach. When competing for national championships a pro scheme is the choice, rather than the r/o spread. It is very, very difficult to use pro scheme techniques within the framework of a pure play r/o spread, but it is fairly easy & commonplace to use r/o techniques within the pro scheme. Mark Whipple as OC, combined with LSU's talent is a recipe for nothing but continued success for Ed Orgeron & LSU. The foundation for success at LSU is their D-Line & Corners & there is no coach in the country who is better suited to unleash this advantage than Ed Orgeron.
Tom Herman & his "bag of tricks" as a r/o spread guru will get his posterior handed up on a silver platter much like he has by UConn & Navy who had no business being on the same field in terms of outright talent. The spread has fatal limitations with excessive injury exposure to key personnel and a fundamental weakness to highly skilled man-to-man capable defenses which effectively prevents a pre-snap read of any value.
I don't see Lindsey Scott transferring anywhere, but I hope I'm wrong.
Herman lost to UCONN by 3 and Navy by 6, both midseason in trap type of games. He's only in his second year as a head coach. I'd attribute those losses to him needing to figure out how to stay focused during the middle stretch of the season. Not a "bag of tricks" offense that last year put up 34 on Louisville, 34 on Vanderbilt, 52 on Navy, 38 on Florida State, 33 on Oklahoma this year. I mean they even put up 40 on Navy in their loss this season. It's an effective offense.

I think Houston just lost focus last year against UCONN after beating top 25 Memphis and having a top 20 Navy team up the next week. You'll remember that this years loss to Navy was the week following Louisville's loss to Clemson when everyone was saying that Houston had no shot at the playoffs anymore, I'm sure this was a big distraction. I'm not excusing Herman, I think he's shown a big weakness in his leadership 2 years in a row. But again he is a very young coach being thrown into a pretty hard situation with lots of expectations/stress. We'll see if he'll learn how to keep focus down the stretch in the future.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Jeff Duncan column today:
Note: Coach O is going to sign "pro-style QB's"
for the future. I would expect to see Scott leaving LSU if that takes place.
Another example of the TP doing the Greenies a disservice by calling our offense "triple option". Mr. Duncan needs to sit back down on poppa Lsu's lap and stay in his own lane. It's like beating your head against a damn wall I swear... Our offense is more Spread RPO like Houston than your traditional "triple option" like Navy etc. If they aren't calling Houston's offense "triple option" why are you calling ours triple option?
anEngineer
Riptide

This is getting a little off-topic but I don't think Herman's success at Houston is a guarantee that he succeeds in the SEC. That is a HUGE step up and he'll be facing a lot better coaches and players every week.
wave97
Swell

anEngineer wrote:This is getting a little off-topic but I don't think Herman's success at Houston is a guarantee that he succeeds in the SEC. That is a HUGE step up and he'll be facing a lot better coaches and players every week.
I completely agree you. The r/o spread is a gimmick scheme. Houston lost to UConn because Greg Ward was injured. They lost to Navy because Houston's defense couldn't stop Navy's FlexBone.
Here is Nick Saban speaking about defending FCS Georgia Southern during the 2009 season - pure triple option wishbone.
phpBB [video]
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote:This is getting a little off-topic but I don't think Herman's success at Houston is a guarantee that he succeeds in the SEC. That is a HUGE step up and he'll be facing a lot better coaches and players every week.
Herman can be successful at LSU, his system was pretty good at Ohio State !!!!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tom-herman
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Herman can be successful at LSU, his system was pretty good at Ohio State !!!!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tom-herman
He can be successful if he brings a smash-mouth element to his o-line that he can resort to when push come to shove (like Clemson & OSU). You can not scheme-up a mismatch when defenses have effectively turned the table on their opponents by sending, covering or dropping anyone on the field at any time from *any* place. There's nothing to gain an advantage of in the read, because what you think will happen won't! 18 years ago Rich Rodriguez and company regularly scorched opposing defenses, those days are long gone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I figured with Rich Rod and Tanner Lee making an appearance why not Lindsey. Lol
What could have been. :x
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

Now that LSU has decided on Coach O as their HC and he's has let it be known that his wants a pro style QB it's time for Lindsey Scott to start looking for another place to play more suited to his skills
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Now that LSU has decided on Coach O as their HC and he's has let it be known that his wants a pro style QB it's time for Lindsey Scott to start looking for another place to play more suited to his skills
I wonder if he could get an extra year in the same manner that Tanner Lee got one? Change of regime, new coach is not running a scheme that matches his talents, etc.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Now that LSU has decided on Coach O as their HC and he's has let it be known that his wants a pro style QB it's time for Lindsey Scott to start looking for another place to play more suited to his skills
I wonder if he could get an extra year in the same manner that Tanner Lee got one? Change of regime, new coach is not running a scheme that matches his talents, etc.
He signed with a coach who did not run a system to fit his talents...why the hell should he get an extra year for his stupidity ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

My High School coach told several very good players including myself (I was in the room, not a recruited player) to listen to your heart and think of your future outside of football when deciding on a college. Also, he said, if there is any doubt, "Go where you are going to play". I still remember that quote.

How many athletes go and are the 5th string player at State U. Now, if you decide to go to a school that has your major etc, and you don't play, I can somewhat understand. However, to go and ride the pine for 4-5 years is just ridiculous. There are schools out there in every conference where Freshman play more in that one year than 5th year Seniors play in their entire careers. Just makes no sense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:My High School coach told several very good players including myself (I was in the room, not a recruited player) to listen to your heart and think of your future outside of football when deciding on a college. Also, he said, if there is any doubt, "Go where you are going to play". I still remember that quote.

How many athletes go and are the 5th string player at State U. Now, if you decide to go to a school that has your major etc, and you don't play, I can somewhat understand. However, to go and ride the pine for 4-5 years is just ridiculous. There are schools out there in every conference where Freshman play more in that one year than 5th year Seniors play in their entire careers. Just makes no sense.
Especially at QB. Why go to a school that doesn't suit your skill set? Crazy. In our offense he would have flourished. Oh well.
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

Based on Etlings performance and the incoming QB from St Stanislaus who is a pro style QB Lindsey Scott will never see the field
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Based on Etlings performance and the incoming QB from St Stanislaus who is a pro style QB Lindsey Scott will never see the field
+100 at least not at QB.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
No chance. When he signed they were playing a pro style so there is no change in system.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:My High School coach told several very good players including myself (I was in the room, not a recruited player) to listen to your heart and think of your future outside of football when deciding on a college. Also, he said, if there is any doubt, "Go where you are going to play". I still remember that quote.

WT- Three of the players they had that we wanted and had a shot at are all playing- Moreau, Riley and Gage. They followed their dream and it has worked out. Coming here and playing but playing on a losing team just doesn't have any appeal to it. WF has his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail. We have to hope he strikes gold b/c otherwise it's over. If a winner like Fritz can't win here the pool of candidates next time will be very weak. Go get 'em Willie.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
No chance. When he signed they were playing a pro style so there is no change in system.
Coach O says that he is going to the spread.

https://twitter.com/CBoutwell_/status/8 ... 5638138880

Says that his QBs need to be dual threat:

"Ed Orgeron: "I do believe that nowadays, you do have to run the spread offense. You do have to have a dual-threat quarterback." #LSU"

https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/8 ... 3018977281

Scott could look like a prophet if O actually goes to a spread.
WeWave2
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
He signed with a coach who did not run a system to fit his talents...why the hell should he get an extra year for his stupidity ?
LSU going to spread is going make stupidity look like genius. lol
RobertM320
Green Wave

And what about this high level QB recruit they've got coming, Myles Brennan? Isn't he a pro-style QB?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:And what about this high level QB recruit they've got coming, Myles Brennan? Isn't he a pro-style QB?
Yes sir!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Coach O says that he is going to the spread.

https://twitter.com/CBoutwell_/status/8 ... 5638138880

Says that his QBs need to be dual threat:

"Ed Orgeron: "I do believe that nowadays, you do have to run the spread offense. You do have to have a dual-threat quarterback." #LSU"

https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/8 ... 3018977281

Scott could look like a prophet if O actually goes to a spread.
Like I said he won't be getting an extra year of eligibility. LOL.
chain gang x man
Swell

If LSU goes to the spread then they will 2 QB that don't fit the style. Etling and Brennan. That leaves Harris and Scott. I don't see it happening. Looks like O the interim HC and O the new HC speaks with fork tongue. Recently he was quoted as saying he wanted a pro style QB now he says he needs to run the spread. Sounds like coach talk.
Show Me
Tsunami

chain gang x man wrote:If LSU goes to the spread then they will 2 QB that don't fit the style. Etling and Brennan. That leaves Harris and Scott. I don't see it happening. Looks like O the interim HC and O the new HC speaks with fork tongue. Recently he was quoted as saying he wanted a pro style QB now he says he needs to run the spread. Sounds like coach talk.
Yep. Brennan for sure would be smart to wait and see who they hire as the next OC before signing. No way I see them running a spread in the SEC. It won't work because of the athleticism of all the top schools on defense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Auburn won a NC running the spread in the SEC.