Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know that I've ever heard of a signee having to sit out two years, regardless of terms of his release. I don't know if this is still the rule, but a few years back, if you didn't enroll in school, and hadn't accepted any aid (summer school, room/board for summer, etc.) you could opt out of your LOI without getting a release and play immediately.

That being said, I don't see the young Mr. Scott doing so. Too much LSU brainwashing.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

So many talented Football players get buried on the depth chart at a Football factory school that could be getting tons of playing time at a school like Tulane. Chris Davenport was great example. A winning Tulane Football team should attract better talent.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Scott's seat at LSU games continues to progress toward an endzone. Pretty soon he'll be the seventh QB on the squad and totally an afterthought.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Just as I said on signing day, Scott will be good for running the scout team at LSU. If he actually wants to play Quarterback in a college game he will have to go elsewhere.
ajcalhoun
Swell

All this whining about Scott and we were already out of the picture. LSU and Maryland were his final two.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

It was nice to see Doug Mouton, Ed Daniels and Fletcher Mackel all "editorialize" for Scott to go to Tulane. This would not have happened under "Buffet" Bob Toledo or CJ. In time under Willie Fritz all of Louisiana will again take us seriously for football for the first time in almost 20 years.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:All this whining about Scott and we were already out of the picture. LSU and Maryland were his final two.
Then he should have gone to Maryland.
I wish him luck. Will be an uphill climb at LSU IMHO (for a variety of reasons).
lurker123
Swell

DfromCT wrote:I don't know that I've ever heard of a signee having to sit out two years, regardless of terms of his release. I don't know if this is still the rule, but a few years back, if you didn't enroll in school, and hadn't accepted any aid (summer school, room/board for summer, etc.) you could opt out of your LOI without getting a release and play immediately.

That being said, I don't see the young Mr. Scott doing so. Too much LSU brainwashing.
In those cases the NCAA gave a hardship exception and the school "released" the player. (Katrina is best example of that involving Tulane.) I've never heard of NCAA doing this where player asserts "they signed a player better than me" or whatever Scott could theoretically assert here. But who knows?

They have granted hardship exceptions sometimes where coaches change. Presumably that was why MD rerecruited the three EC signees.

Two year rule is generally applied where school wants to prevent the player from going to a conference competitor. You don't hear about it because no one is willing to sit out two years so they go elsewhere.

If the NCAA did not have this rule the signing date of LOIs would be meaningless and pandemonium would rule. Players would be continually recruited until they hit campus. Say you sign a 5 star player like Larry Brown did two year ago that can't meet NCAA academic clearinghouse quals at the last minute. Larry finds this out a week before school starts and then poaches a 4 star player a week before school starts who had a signed LOI to go to LSU. LSU can't easily replace the player in seven days but decides to look south toward N.O. at a certain 3 star player. You can fill in the rest....
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I just figured the early enrolly status combined with the fact that things have drastically changed from a roster POV moving forward, could alter the situation. I guess not. He and his family have to be feeling a little nervous. Maybe he can play CB or WR. They will give the 4 star guy every chance to win the job.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Then again, you never know what may happen. Joe Montana was SEVENTH on the Notre Dame depth chart his first year playing, found his way onto the field and never relinquished the job.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:I just figured the early enrolly status combined with the fact that things have drastically changed from a roster POV moving forward, could alter the situation. I guess not. He and his family have to be feeling a little nervous. Maybe he can play CB or WR. They will give the 4 star guy every chance to win the job.
Right. He'll likely never get a chance to play game time QB at LSU. If he wants to get PT he'll have to convert to another position.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Is the Brennan kid that LSU has committed really the son of a former Tulane player? Just going by a comment on an article.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Is the Brennan kid that LSU has committed really the son of a former Tulane player? Just going by a comment on an article.
Yes on Brennan. His father, Owen, was a linebacker at Tulane; his mother, Megan, was the first female ever to earn an athletic scholarship at Tulane, playing both volleyball and basketball.
Of course I doubt our Tulane newbie people knew this.
Nick Narcisse was also a former Tulane player. I'm sure he's related to the Narcisse that LSU got.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Is the Brennan kid that LSU has committed really the son of a former Tulane player? Just going by a comment on an article.
Yes on Brennan. His father, Owen, was a linebacker at Tulane; his mother, Megan, was the first female ever to earn an athletic scholarship at Tulane, playing both volleyball and basketball.
Nick Narcisse was also a former Tulane player. I'm sure he's related to the Narcisse that LSU got.
I know the Kampen VB misfire still leaves a bitter taste in our mouths but I have found that generally Tulane does a good job on alum legacies despite that exception. They get it.

Recruiters look for every edge. Slater in MBB is best example. Family are Katrina evacuees to CA. but longtime association with Tulane and N.O. held firm and Conroy and/or his staff learned about him and to his credit probably started recruiting the young man at about age 14.

Maybe Brennan flips later? Who knows?

Here is another one: look at recent pub on J.P. France. If reported correctly, he started going to TU games at five or six and basically had zero interest in going up river despite heavy recruiting from there when he was an HS prime prospect.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:LSU getting another 4 star?
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... rt_m-rpt-2

What a circus on both ends. They should all shut their mouths, what is the value of these tweets other then ego? This whole recruiting game makes my skin crawl.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:

What a circus on both ends. They should all shut their mouths, what is the value of these tweets other then ego? This whole recruiting game makes my skin crawl.
A media circus driven by ESPN and beat reporters with way too much time on their hands...but 13 pages on a kid that will be playing DB or WR @ lsu...let's move on
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

A media circus driven by ESPN and beat reporters with way too much time on their hands...but 13 pages on a kid that will be playing DB or WR @ lsu...let's move on
And, he might change his mind, verbal commits really don't mean very much at this point for 2017. Ask Syracuse to whom Lindsay Scott "verbally" committed for this year's recruiting class.
anEngineer
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I know the Kampen VB misfire still leaves a bitter taste in our mouths but I have found that generally Tulane does a good job on alum legacies despite that exception. They get it.

Recruiters look for every edge. Slater in MBB is best example. Family are Katrina evacuees to CA. but longtime association with Tulane and N.O. held firm and Conroy and/or his staff learned about him and to his credit probably started recruiting the young man at about age 14.

Maybe Brennan flips later? Who knows?

Here is another one: look at recent pub on J.P. France. If reported correctly, he started going to TU games at five or six and basically had zero interest in going up river despite heavy recruiting from there when he was an HS prime prospect.
The Kampen thing is just a function of an incapable VB coach who was only hired because it was easy. That's a lot of the reason why he is no longer there, but it's still a loss of a quality player.
McWave
High Tide

So we missed on Scott in Feb 2016. Anybody have an over/under projection for his transfer request? I say it happens in January 2017.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It depends on whether they fire Les Miles and who they would bring in. If Miles is out and Jimbo Fisher is in, I would imagine Scott would stay.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jeff Duncan column today:
Note: Coach O is going to sign "pro-style QB's"
for the future. I would expect to see Scott leaving LSU if that takes place.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Yep - Lindsay would have been a great add and he could have possibly led Tulane to a great season.
Ruski
Swell

Man that would be great. Hope coach O stays at LSU now. Gives Tulane a much better chance of landing one of Scott, Narcisse, Thompson, Kirklin, McCoy. Let's trade them Cuiellette for Scott! I think all should be potentially in play and Tulane needs to be very aggressive to land at least one of them.

Our defense might take a step down next year but still be good. With Hilliard and Badie being seniors and a hopefully better O-line, a big improvement in the QB department could have see us win some significant games.
wave97
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Jeff Duncan column today:
Note: Coach O is going to sign "pro-style QB's"
for the future. I would expect to see Scott leaving LSU if that takes place.
If Coach Orgeron wins out at LSU & is retained as Head Coach he should look to Mark Whipple as a hire for OC and Liam Coen, currently OC at Maine as QB Coach. When competing for national championships a pro scheme is the choice, rather than the r/o spread.
It is very, very difficult to use pro scheme techniques within the framework of a pure play r/o spread, but it is fairly easy & commonplace to use r/o techniques within the pro scheme. Mark Whipple as OC, combined with LSU's talent is a recipe for nothing but continued success for Ed Orgeron & LSU. The foundation for success at LSU is their D-Line & Corners & there is no coach in the country who is better suited to unleash this advantage than Ed Orgeron.
Tom Herman & his "bag of tricks" as a r/o spread guru will get his posterior handed up on a silver platter without the ability to adapt his scheme. The spread has fatal limitations with excessive injury exposure to key personnel and a fundamental weakness to highly skilled man-to-man capable defenses which effectively prevents a pre-snap read of any value.
I don't see Lindsey Scott transferring anywhere, but I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by wave97 on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.