Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote: Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
After having visited Mizzo over the weekend he’s announcing tomorrow:
https://247sports.com/college/missouri/ ... -114053095
"It was a good weekend," Scott said. He is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1 pro-style JUCO quarterback in this 2018 class.
"Decision in by tomorrow. Sitting down and weighing relevant factors."
Besides Mizzou, the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Scott is also considering Tulane and Kansas among others. The Tigers obviously got the last trip.
Tomorrow's the day, and I wonder if Lindsey can still register for the Spring semester? http://registrar.tulane.edu/academic-calendar

And, one thing is for sure, Mizzou is not a top P5 program.
but...but...but it's a PEE !!!!....WHEEEE and or YIPEEEE !!!!... CFN's 2018 preview states Mizzou will be competitive against "Open Date"

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell

It's over. He just committed to Missouri on his Twitter account
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:Its over. He committed to Missouri on Twitter
Yep. Jilted again. Oh well. If Tulane was a bad P5 he’d be coming here no doubt.
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/955551946517241859
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

As soon as Merritt chose Arkansas State I knew this was over.

I'm biased being from Saint Louis but I don't get the digs at Mizzou. Not a blue blood but they've been highly competitive in Big8/12/SEC school for the last 20 years. Had a number 1 ranking in 2007....

They've played in the SEC title game 2/5 years of their membership, won plenty of Big 12 titles. Have a decently rich history. And play in big time facilities.

Are they Bama/Auburn/Michigan/USC? No. But they're far from a Kansas/Kentucky/Oregon St.

I'm a huge Tulane homer but let's be realistic. We are way down the pecking order in football hierarchy from Mizzou.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

And now the 2018 Tulane team is now 1 injury to Banks away from missing bowl eligibility again, and the chances of an injury of that nature probably increased with Diaz leaving.
Wave755
Tsunami

Ruski wrote:As soon as Merritt chose Arkansas State I knew this was over.
Yep, sad Merritt chose Arkansas State over us. Shows how little weight these guys place on academics for their decision.
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:And now the 2018 Tulane team is now 1 injury to Banks away from missing bowl eligibility again, and the chances of an injury of that nature probably increased with Diaz leaving.
True, if Banks goes down we might be so desperate as to have to put in Golfnut, "the Juke Meister himself," since I believe he still does have some eligibility left from his Glory Days running the spread read triple option for Southeastern. :D :P ;)
galvezwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:And now the 2018 Tulane team is now 1 injury to Banks away from missing bowl eligibility again, and the chances of an injury of that nature probably increased with Diaz leaving.
True, if Banks goes down we might be so desperate as to have to put in Golfnut, "the Juke Meister himself," since I believe he still does have some eligibility left from his Glory Days running the spread read triple option for Southeastern. :D :P ;)
If banks gets hurt you throw Daniels out there and keep playing. Not unlike everywhere else. Mizzou is everything LS was looking for. It's pretty remarkable we were "in it" that long. He has some really nice things to say about Tulane in his announcement tweet. I'm glad it's finally over . Let's go find another.
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
If banks gets hurt you throw Daniels out there and keep playing. Not unlike everywhere else. Mizzou is everything LS was looking for. It's pretty remarkable we were "in it" that long. He has some really nice things to say about Tulane in his announcement tweet. I'm glad it's finally over . Let's go find another.
True, but it sure would have been nice to redshirt Daniels. Yet, it is also true Nick Saban won a NC with true freshman QB Tua Tagovailoa.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Yep. Jilted again. Oh well. If Tulane was a bad P5 he’d be coming here no doubt.
And for Tulane at least, so ends the Saga of Lindsey Scott.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Yep. Tanner’s page count safe for now. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Remove this, now . No useful purpose . Let's concentrate on Tulane . Need to shit can Lee post also .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
True, at present Tanner has 110314 views, 2066 replies; Lindsey a mere 57,098 views, 783 replies.

And just think, Tanner has yet to make the practice squad of some NFL team! So, Tanner will be with us forever; but Lindsey will now fall from our collective consciousness down to say the level of a Lindy Infante? :megagrin: :lolgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane connection at Mizzo.
FYI the AD at Missouri is Jim Sterk who was head of the Green Wave Club under Kevin White.
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

According to geurry smith's twitter, this ended Friday. Said Tulane pulled its offer then. That's interesting.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have 5 bucks that say's the Mizzou coach will be gone after next season
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:According to geurry smith's twitter, this ended Friday. Said Tulane pulled its offer then. That's interesting.
Hmm, could it be Friday, the 19th was Lindsey's last day to enroll at Tulane?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
At least till Scott graduates with a year of eligibility left and is looking to transfer again. :D
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:According to geurry smith's twitter, this ended Friday. Said Tulane pulled its offer then. That's interesting.
Probably because he announced he was going to visit Mizzo that weekend.
Tulane Class of 1981
tufinal4
High Tide

It seems like we may have reached the last day he could actually enroll and participate in Tulane spring practice, and really had no interest in waiting until fall camp, pulling our offer at that point.
RobertM320
Green Wave

galvezwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Kinda reminds me of when Bowden went to Clemson. Just like then, I don't think anyone can say Tulane didn't do everything right this time. There wasn't anything more we could have done then, or now. Best of luck to him.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Probably because he announced he was going to visit Mizzo that weekend.
If Fritz did that...a big hat's off to him
puffy
Surge

https://mobile.twitter.com/Guersmith/st ... 8635073537

Jimmy Smith of the T-P got real salty with Guerry Smith, accusing him of spreading falsehoods in regards to Tulane pulling the Scott offer. Basically said Guerry was miffed at Scott for not granting him an interview Friday :shock: .

Quite frankly, I'd believe Guerry over anything Jimmy Smith says in regards to Tulane.
Houma de Wave
Swell

puffy wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Guersmith/st ... 8635073537

Jimmy Smith of the T-P got real salty with Guerry Smith, accusing him of spreading falsehoods in regards to Tulane pulling the Scott offer. Basically said Guerry was miffed at Scott for not granting him an interview Friday :shock: .

Quite frankly, I'd believe Guerry over anything Jimmy Smith says in regards to Tulane.
+1
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.