Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:48 am

That's impressive. What could have been.



galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby galvezwave » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:56 am

Well for what it's worth, Tulane is listed as one of his 6 current offers



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16750
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby tpstulane » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:03 am

Just watched some highlights spectacular.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:31 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:That's impressive. What could have been.


but I wanna a PEE !!!!


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:That's impressive. What could have been.


It's not over. I've heard that Scott loves Coach Fritz. Maybe he'll get it right this time. Playing time vs Larger Program.



User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby Show Me » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:05 pm

He's out to prove LSU wrong. Hope he succeeds!



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm

EMCC now 5-0 on the season.



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:53 am

RobertM320 wrote:EMCC now 5-0 on the season.



Should have never committed to LSU. But he sure avoided a train wreck when he left :lol:



User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby GreenLantern » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:35 pm

What if...
phpBB [video]



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Sure would like to see us make a run at him. Not sure if I want him to do too well at EMCC, or he'll get a ton of P5 offers. But can you imagine 3 years of him running our offense, handing off to Corey Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson next year, along with the new commits Amare Jones and Cameron Carroll? He graduates in Dec so I guess he could technically sign at the early signing date.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 pm

He can definitely sign in December. That' always been the JUCO signing date.


It's the facilities stupid!

puffy
Surge
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby puffy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Sure would like to see us make a run at him. Not sure if I want him to do too well at EMCC, or he'll get a ton of P5 offers. But can you imagine 3 years of him running our offense, handing off to Corey Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson next year, along with the new commits Amare Jones and Cameron Carroll? He graduates in Dec so I guess he could technically sign at the early signing date.



He'll get plenty of P5 attention because he's a former LSU player, he now has playing experience (albeit at the CC level), he'll have three years of eligibility remaining, and he can enroll in January. Any school with a starting qb vacancy in 2018 will take a long look at him.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:47 pm

puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Sure would like to see us make a run at him. Not sure if I want him to do too well at EMCC, or he'll get a ton of P5 offers. But can you imagine 3 years of him running our offense, handing off to Corey Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson next year, along with the new commits Amare Jones and Cameron Carroll? He graduates in Dec so I guess he could technically sign at the early signing date.



He'll get plenty of P5 attention because he's a former LSU player, he now has playing experience (albeit at the CC level), he'll have three years of eligibility remaining, and he can enroll in January. Any school with a starting qb vacancy in 2018 will take a long look at him.


With just 3 years left, Id be surprised if he went somewhere that wasn't a "sure thing". He's gotta get it right this time.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 pm

WeWave2 wrote:
puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Sure would like to see us make a run at him. Not sure if I want him to do too well at EMCC, or he'll get a ton of P5 offers. But can you imagine 3 years of him running our offense, handing off to Corey Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson next year, along with the new commits Amare Jones and Cameron Carroll? He graduates in Dec so I guess he could technically sign at the early signing date.



He'll get plenty of P5 attention because he's a former LSU player, he now has playing experience (albeit at the CC level), he'll have three years of eligibility remaining, and he can enroll in January. Any school with a starting qb vacancy in 2018 will take a long look at him.


With just 3 years left, Id be surprised if he went somewhere that wasn't a "sure thing". He's gotta get it right this time.


Agree. That probably means he doesn't come here as he won't risk sitting behind Banks for a year.


It's the facilities stupid!

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:45 am

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
puffy wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Sure would like to see us make a run at him. Not sure if I want him to do too well at EMCC, or he'll get a ton of P5 offers. But can you imagine 3 years of him running our offense, handing off to Corey Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson next year, along with the new commits Amare Jones and Cameron Carroll? He graduates in Dec so I guess he could technically sign at the early signing date.



He'll get plenty of P5 attention because he's a former LSU player, he now has playing experience (albeit at the CC level), he'll have three years of eligibility remaining, and he can enroll in January. Any school with a starting qb vacancy in 2018 will take a long look at him.


With just 3 years left, Id be surprised if he went somewhere that wasn't a "sure thing". He's gotta get it right this time.


Agree. That probably means he doesn't come here as he won't risk sitting behind Banks for a year.


Good point. Of course, stranger things have happened. Btw, went 32 of 39 449 yds tonight 5 TDs 0 INTs. 53 yds rushing 1 TD vs #15 ranked team in the country

[tweet] https://twitter.com/EMCCathletics/statu ... 2860579840 [/tweet]



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 am

Who knows? If Coach O is gone after this season and they hire a spread option coach, would he consider going back to LSU? Has that even ever been done before, where a player went back to the school he transferred from?


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 am

RobertM320 wrote:Who knows? If Coach O is gone after this season and they hire a spread option coach, would he consider going back to LSU? Has that even ever been done before, where a player went back to the school he transferred from?


OOOOO ain't goin' no where ....they cannot afford his buy out...Joey A...now that is a totally different situation, he may be gone before the end of the year and rightfully so.... if he had a LaCrosse team to bash, he may be doing a better job


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5099
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby mbawavefan12 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 am

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Who knows? If Coach O is gone after this season and they hire a spread option coach, would he consider going back to LSU? Has that even ever been done before, where a player went back to the school he transferred from?


OOOOO ain't goin' no where ....they cannot afford his buy out...Joey A...now that is a totally different situation, he may be gone before the end of the year and rightfully so.... if he had a LaCrosse team to bash, he may be doing a better job


They also have the highest paid assistants, the total buyout costs would be absurd.....and they are still paying miles. It is almost impossible to mess up a program the way they have. Coach O was going no where, as if he was going to take another job if was successful, why put in the huge buyout? LSU, rightfully so, believe they are national title contenders year in and year out. Imagine thinking Coach O could ever beat Saben, what a joke.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Who knows? If Coach O is gone after this season and they hire a spread option coach, would he consider going back to LSU? Has that even ever been done before, where a player went back to the school he transferred from?


OOOOO ain't goin' no where ....they cannot afford his buy out...Joey A...now that is a totally different situation, he may be gone before the end of the year and rightfully so.... if he had a LaCrosse team to bash, he may be doing a better job


They also have the highest paid assistants, the total buyout costs would be absurd.....and they are still paying miles. It is almost impossible to mess up a program the way they have. Coach O was going no where, as if he was going to take another job if was successful, why put in the huge buyout? LSU, rightfully so, believe they are national title contenders year in and year out. Imagine thinking Coach O could ever beat Saben, what a joke.


There are some who believe that if LSU tanks enough this season, that its worth the buyout. They're also considering there's a good chance that Miles gets another coaching job for next season, which means they wouldn't have to pay him. Some of the assistants may be retained as well, if the next coach wanted them. LSU actually has a few intelligent fans that realize the longer O is there, the harder its going to be to repair the damage. If they keep him for two or three years, they may never be back in the NC hunt again, especially if we start winning as well.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 am

RobertM320 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Who knows? If Coach O is gone after this season and they hire a spread option coach, would he consider going back to LSU? Has that even ever been done before, where a player went back to the school he transferred from?


OOOOO ain't goin' no where ....they cannot afford his buy out...Joey A...now that is a totally different situation, he may be gone before the end of the year and rightfully so.... if he had a LaCrosse team to bash, he may be doing a better job


They also have the highest paid assistants, the total buyout costs would be absurd.....and they are still paying miles. It is almost impossible to mess up a program the way they have. Coach O was going no where, as if he was going to take another job if was successful, why put in the huge buyout? LSU, rightfully so, believe they are national title contenders year in and year out. Imagine thinking Coach O could ever beat Saben, what a joke.


There are some who believe that if LSU tanks enough this season, that its worth the buyout. They're also considering there's a good chance that Miles gets another coaching job for next season, which means they wouldn't have to pay him. Some of the assistants may be retained as well, if the next coach wanted them. LSU actually has a few intelligent fans that realize the longer O is there, the harder its going to be to repair the damage. If they keep him for two or three years, they may never be back in the NC hunt again, especially if we start winning as well.


To paraphrase Scott Rabalais: "LSU canned Miles for this?" Meanwhile please pass the popcorn while I recline in the Lazy Boy and soak this in.



HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby HoustonWave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 am

GreenLantern wrote:What if...
phpBB [video]


From watching this video, his skills are tailor made for Tulane's offense. What P5 runs a similar offense? Maryland's offense has some similarity, but they already have Pigrome. He'll get a lot of P5 attention, but it all could just represent another repeat of his LSU experience. I'm not so sure Tulane isn't the obvious place for Scott.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

As concerns question about Scott potentially going back to LSU after a sojourn in JC ranks, it does occasionally happen. Supposedly Banks was re-recruited by KSU. But best example is one David Sills V at WVU. Yes the kid that Lane Kiffen offered a scholarship to USC in the 7th grade. He now seems to have resettled into being a solid WR for WVU after a one year last ditch QB trial at a California JC.



DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3038
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby DrBox » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:56 am

Scott would fit with most SEC offenses; the only ones he really wouldn't fit with are LSU and Alabama.
He'd be nice here. He'd be, what, a sophomore, sit for a year, and then take over for 2.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby golfnut69 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 am

DrBox wrote:Scott would fit with most SEC offenses; the only ones he really wouldn't fit with are LSU and Alabama.
He'd be nice here. He'd be, what, a sophomore, sit for a year, and then take over for 2.


I think, or hallucinate, he will end up at either Tulane or Auburn ...If the kid is afraid of competition from Banks or some other player, and I do no think he is, then why would we want him ?


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:21 am

golfnut69 wrote:
DrBox wrote:Scott would fit with most SEC offenses; the only ones he really wouldn't fit with are LSU and Alabama.
He'd be nice here. He'd be, what, a sophomore, sit for a year, and then take over for 2.


I think, or hallucinate, he will end up at either Tulane or Auburn ...If the kid is afraid of competition from Banks or some other player, and I do no think he is, then why would we want him ?


The issue with Scott and who may recruit him has not and will never change until the HGH kicks in. He is at most 5'9" and that scares away many coaches who want a 6'4", 220 lb prototype QB physique.

But afterall Altuve is all world for Astros.

Does Tulane still have a chance? Sure. Even if he is second string behind Banks, do you think Tulane might have done better against OU if it had a Scott coming off the bench? You can't have enough depth in a system where QBs can get lit up at any time. (This is meant as no disrespect to McClain. He may turn out to be a very good WF-style QB. He just needs seasoning and that may take until 2019 or even 2020 seasons. Today he is just a raw true frosh.)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests