Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1733
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby ajcalhoun » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, he should have gone to his second choice, Maryland.

This thread keeps getting bumped but he was never that close to coming here once the P5 offers started rolling in.


Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee or Andy Cannizaro.

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm

lurker123 wrote:Our weekly reminder that absent a bus accident, Scott is headed for massive pine time or another position at LSU. What a waste.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1d9cd.html


Good chance that the same thing happens to Lowell Narcisse.

Here's the simple fact: The NFL WILL find you no matter what school you play at. However, the NFL WONT find you, if you don't play.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:47 pm

lurker123 wrote:Our weekly reminder that absent a bus accident, Scott is headed for massive pine time or another position at LSU. What a waste.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1d9cd.html


Its about to go down guys! Sit tight!



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:Our weekly reminder that absent a bus accident, Scott is headed for massive pine time or another position at LSU. What a waste.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1d9cd.html


Good chance that the same thing happens to Lowell Narcisse.

Here's the simple fact: The NFL WILL find you no matter what school you play at. However, the NFL WONT find you, if you don't play.


Word is the freshman had the job before he stepped on to campus. Narcisse is running designed qb runs only. I'm hearing a tranfer is imminent.



Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:46 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:Yeah, he should have gone to his second choice, Maryland.

This thread keeps getting bumped but he was never that close to coming here once the P5 offers started rolling in.


I agree. Some other posters are talking about the NFL, but Lindsay Scott had no shot at being an NFL QB due to his height as he was too short.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Yeah, he should have gone to his second choice, Maryland.

This thread keeps getting bumped but he was never that close to coming here once the P5 offers started rolling in.


I agree. Some other posters are talking about the NFL, but Lindsay Scott had no shot at being an NFL QB due to his height as he was too short.


Russell Wilson says Hi.



Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 am

WeWave2 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Yeah, he should have gone to his second choice, Maryland.

This thread keeps getting bumped but he was never that close to coming here once the P5 offers started rolling in.


I agree. Some other posters are talking about the NFL, but Lindsay Scott had no shot at being an NFL QB due to his height as he was too short.


Russell Wilson says Hi.


I'll rephrase:

If Lindsay Scott sets the NCAA record for passing efficiency; throws 379 passes without an interception; leads a P5 not known for winning to a top 25 ranking; transfers to another P5 and leads that P5 to a conference championship in his first and only year there; and outperforms every other quarterback at the NFL Combine in the 40, 3 cone drill, and 100 yard dash, he will be drafted around the 3rd round or so.

The long and short of it is that Wilson's situation is so far outside of the traditional parameters for QBs that it would be unreasonable to use him as an example of what a short QB can expect to achieve either in college or NFL, and the fact that he was still drafted in the third round after all of his extraordinary accomplishments is proof of that.

Plus, it's highly unlikely that Lindsey would have matched or exceeded any of those accomplishments, let alone multiple ones.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby WeWave2 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Yeah, he should have gone to his second choice, Maryland.

This thread keeps getting bumped but he was never that close to coming here once the P5 offers started rolling in.


I agree. Some other posters are talking about the NFL, but Lindsay Scott had no shot at being an NFL QB due to his height as he was too short.


Russell Wilson says Hi.


I'll rephrase:

If Lindsay Scott sets the NCAA record for passing efficiency; throws 379 passes without an interception; leads a P5 not known for winning to a top 25 ranking; transfers to another P5 and leads that P5 to a conference championship in his first and only year there; and outperforms every other quarterback at the NFL Combine in the 40, 3 cone drill, and 100 yard dash, he will be drafted around the 3rd round or so.

The long and short of it is that Wilson's situation is so far outside of the traditional parameters for QBs that it would be unreasonable to use him as an example of what a short QB can expect to achieve either in college or NFL, and the fact that he was still drafted in the third round after all of his extraordinary accomplishments is proof of that.

Plus, it's highly unlikely that Lindsey would have matched or exceeded any of those accomplishments, let alone multiple ones.


Except that leaving high school, Scotts performance, ranking, and offer list exceeded that of Russell Wilson. A commitment to a Maryland seemed to be in line with Wilson's commitment to NC State. He could have very well been on a similar path. Having left high school playing stiffer 5A Louisiana comp, who knows.

A long shot yes. But Scott had already exceeded Wilsons marks as high school player. A mid to low level power 5 would have been the best move. It would have increased the likelihood of playing time, and against P5 comp. Hes a RS fresh. The story may not be over.



Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

No one is saying that Lindsey's Scott career is over by any means, but it is extremely unlikely that he will be drafted to the NFL as a QB due to his height. Russell Wilson is a great example of the barriers to entry into the draft for shorter QBs, as he was literally superhuman in college/NFL Combine but was still drafted relatively low.

As for recruiting rankings, a higher recruiting ranking doesn't guarantee that a player will outperform another player with a lower recruiting ranking, as many lower ranking players earn starting jobs over higher ranking players - Jonathan Banks at Kansas State and Corey Dauphine at Texas Tech are solid, Tulane relevant examples of this.



HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby HoustonWave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:Our weekly reminder that absent a bus accident, Scott is headed for massive pine time or another position at LSU. What a waste.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1d9cd.html



Here's the simple fact: The NFL WILL find you no matter what school you play at. However, the NFL WONT find you, if you don't play.


A great and accurate statement, that should frequently be used in recruiting. I've often wondered how many 3* recruits who play at Tulane get a shot at the NFL, versus 3* recruits who sign with SEC teams.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Great Scott !!!! .in the name of caged Tiger crap what is going on

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 am



Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby lurker123 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:03 am

you didn't have to be Einstein to see this coming......

https://twitter.com/search?q=lindsey+sc ... r%5Esearch



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16750
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby tpstulane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 am

Sad. We all saw this coming. Ed Daniels also tried to get him to Tulane. He got schooled by those guys. He was signed just to keep him away from other schools. Sad stuff. Hope he finds a good place to land.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... t=headline


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

billow
Low Tide
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:34 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby billow » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 am

Is Lindsey Scott even in Tulane's pecking order? We have room for him, he must sit out a year with 3 to play, unless he goes to a Div II school. Time will tell.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7195
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am

lurker123 wrote:you didn't have to be Einstein to see this coming......

https://twitter.com/search?q=lindsey+sc ... r%5Esearch


yep...many times, that PEE stained schollie ain't all it is cracked up to be.... I had a LB in my class last year, he has about 25 offers, Fritz's son has been in contact with him...I told him to go where he can play and enjoy himself for 4 or 5 years...if they can find Jerry Rice in Itta Bena Mississippi it is right down the road from the big metropolis of Isola (I have been to both places), they can find talent anywhere !


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Ruski
Surge
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby Ruski » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 am

We're any of these other kids transferring out of Red sh*t interested in Tulane originally?



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16750
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby tpstulane » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:29 am

billow wrote:Is Lindsey Scott even in Tulane's pecking order? We have room for him, he must sit out a year with 3 to play, unless he goes to a Div II school. Time will tell.

Tulane recruited him hard. He'd be a great fit here but I doubt he comes this late in the game. I would guess Southern or another SWAC school because all his classes would be accepted and he'd be able to play this year without sitting. He was never going to play at LSU that's why his decision to attend there was befuddling. They came on him late because the wanted to sign at least one QB in that class.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1733
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU

Postby ajcalhoun » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:24 am

tpstulane wrote:
billow wrote:Is Lindsey Scott even in Tulane's pecking order? We have room for him, he must sit out a year with 3 to play, unless he goes to a Div II school. Time will tell.

Tulane recruited him hard. He'd be a great fit here but I doubt he comes this late in the game. I would guess Southern or another SWAC school because all his classes would be accepted and he'd be able to play this year without sitting. He was never going to play at LSU that's why his decision to attend there was befuddling. They came on him late because the wanted to sign at least one QB in that class.

He may go FCS but I highly doubt he goes SWAC. He really should have come here.


Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee or Andy Cannizaro.

JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3778
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby JerseyWave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Interesting that in Phil Steele's preseason football magazine he lists his Top 40 freshman QBs. Three of them are at Alabama. I would say there's a good chance at least two them will transfer at some point in their college career. So many kids go to the SEC because it's "The SEC" and don't move up the depth chart. You should go where you will get to play so you can develop and get exposure. The NFL will find you. You can play in North Dakota and become the best QB in the draft.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 pm

As I stated earlier.....

Here's the simple fact: The NFL WILL find you no matter what school you play at. However, the NFL WONT find you, if you don't play.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1733
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby ajcalhoun » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:38 pm

JerseyWave wrote: So many kids go to the SEC because it's "The SEC" and don't move up the depth chart. You should go where you will get to play so you can develop and get exposure. The NFL will find you. You can play in North Dakota and become the best QB in the draft.



True competitors want to compete with the best. Every one of those believed in their ability to win the competition for the starting position.

I don't believe in recruiting a kid by telling him he's not good enough to make it elsewhere.


Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee or Andy Cannizaro.

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:06 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
JerseyWave wrote: So many kids go to the SEC because it's "The SEC" and don't move up the depth chart. You should go where you will get to play so you can develop and get exposure. The NFL will find you. You can play in North Dakota and become the best QB in the draft.



True competitors want to compete with the best. Every one of those believed in their ability to win the competition for the starting position.

I don't believe in recruiting a kid by telling him he's not good enough to make it elsewhere.


This. There are other ways to get the point across, such as telling a recruit that they have a good shot at starting during their true freshman year because either they are so talented or your program is so thin at the position that the recruit plays - hopefully, a combination of the two.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

Lindsey Scott had a composite rating of .8410, a mid range 3 star. For comparison, Kahlil McClain, our true freshman was had a rating of .8330. Not a lot of difference. Its not a matter of whether they believe in their ability or not, they also have to be realistic. The odds are very long that you're going to win the job at a school that's constantly recruiting 4 and 5 star QBs like LSU does. And even if you do, you'll wait your turn so long that the benefit is lost.

If Scott had come to Tulane, he'd have been our starter last year, and we'd have gone bowling, I have no doubt. So lets look into the future. Three years from now, Scott finishes his Tulane career with maybe 4 winning seasons, 4 bowl appearances and some records while leading a Tulane resurgence. You don't think that gives him a better chance at the NFL than being a spot starter at a P5?
Last edited by RobertM320 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby lurker123 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:55 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Lindsey Scott had a composite rating of .8410, a mid range 3 star. For comparison, Kahlil McClain, our true freshman was had a rating of .8330. Not a lot of difference. Its not a matter of whether they believe in their ability or not, they also have to be realistic. The odds are very long that you're going to win the job at a school that's constantly recruiting 4 and 5 star QBs like LSU does. And even if you do, you'll wait your turn so long that the benefit is lost.

If Scott had come to Tulane, he'd have been our starter last year, and we'd have gone bowling, I have no doubt. So lets look into the future. Three years from now, Scott finishes his Tulane career with maybe 4 winning seasons, 4 bowl appearances and some records while leading a Tulane resurgence. You don't think that gives him a better chance than being a spot starter at a P5?


Unless he appeals and gets a bonus year like Lee did, he will only have three years of eligibility at an FBS school if he chooses one after sitting out 2017 under transfer requirement. (General rule is player has five years to complete four years of playing eligibility once he starts the clock which for Scott was last fall at LSU.)

However I'll assume that you are including Tulane's bowl game this up coming season too and that would be nice as well even if Scott is just an interested spectator.

For those who've forgotten just how good Scott can play in a Fritz type offense, just go rewatch some of his Zachary High highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1552093/lindsey-scott



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:30 pm

lurker, I was referring to the "what-if", had he made the choice to come here to begin with. He'd probably already have a bowl appearance under his belt from last season, and we'd be set up for several more.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests