Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Well that's a good sign!!! Scott can straight up play he is the type of guy that Fritz will build the program around.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It seems like Coach Fritz really wants this kid, and he would be a perfect fit in his offense. I don't know what the new Rutgers staff is going to run for an offense, but Lindsey clearly has a chance at being a four year starter at Tulane. Very interesting development in light of his tweets yesterday. Hope his visit went (or is going) well on our beautiful campus.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Fantastic, how great it will be to get this kid! To decommit he must have been really impressed with Fritz and his staff. And, I was on Tulane's campus tonight, the place is a "showcase." Lindsey Scott had to have been greatly impressed with the campus as well for this his first visit.
puffy
Surge

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ry_package

Now Fritz has offered Scott's top receiving target in Doug Coleman. Highly productive at Zachary High. As with many HS prospects, his measurables are a bit scattered (he's either 6'0, 173# and runs a 4.81 according to ESPN, or 6'2 178# and runs a 4.4 according to an earlier advocate article http://theadvocate.com/sports/latestspo ... harys-doug).

He is scheduled to visit next weekend. Would be a great package deal if Fritz can secure Scott and Coleman.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Coleman is listed by maxpreps as the #1 receiver in Louisiana. Is this right?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fun time of year. Go get em CWF!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wavemania
Surge

Shades of Jones to Zeno! :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote:Shades of Jones to Zeno! :D
long plane ride from Zachary to Syracuse
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

Shades of Jones to Zeno!

"What time is it? " 10 to 11 Jones to Zeno
DrBox
Riptide

The competition likely will now be Rutgers and Maryland. Maryland is formidable.

We'll see if Fritz can pull some of these guys with current P5 offers. REading Jimmy D's chat, he has his doubts, but says Fritz won't reach if he doesn't get them. CJ did a lot of reaching.
ajcalhoun
Swell

It means absolutely nothing, but I wonder why CJ never went after Scott.
God Bless Everyone!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:The competition likely will now be Rutgers and Maryland. Maryland is formidable.

We'll see if Fritz can pull some of these guys with current P5 offers. REading Jimmy D's chat, he has his doubts, but says Fritz won't reach if he doesn't get them. CJ did a lot of reaching.
Will Maryland and Rutgers be running the read option?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:It means absolutely nothing, but I wonder why CJ never went after Scott.
Cause he held out the irrational hope that he could run a pro style offense with garbage coaching (OC and line) and no wr's.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:The competition likely will now be Rutgers and Maryland. Maryland is formidable.

Why is Maryland formidable? They have a brand new staff with virtually no track record. This is Durkin's first HC job, and his experience is on the defensive side of the ball. He only graduated in 2001. The new OC, Walt Bell, has been a coach for less than ten years, and his only OC experience is two years at Arkansas State. I would hope Fritz' longer record of success would be of some merit.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:

Why is Maryland formidable? They have a brand new staff with virtually no track record. This is Durkin's first HC job, and his experience is on the defensive side of the ball. He only graduated in 2001. The new OC, Walt Bell, has been a coach for less than ten years, and his only OC experience is two years at Arkansas State. I would hope Fritz' longer record of success would be of some merit.
+1
DrBox
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:

Because it's a Big 10 school and a good school; it's not in the tundra of upstate NY. Maryland is all over him suddenly (OC down here today). Well suddenly as their big QB recruit de-committed.
"Live" P5 offers are always formidable.
puffy
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:

Formidable as it pertains to the level of financial backing Maryland has with Under Armor. Their goal is to be the east coast version of Nike's relationship/ownership of Oregon football. I'm guessing their facilities will be the class of the Big Ten within the next five years.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It may not be upstate NY, but it surely ain't NOLA either. Today's high at College Park: 24, low is 10. It's not forecasted to reach freezing until Wed, and won't get to 40 degrees until next Monday, with two days of snow in the mix. Not real enticing. Let's hope he takes his visit this weekend.

@ puffy: I agree, that's going to be tough for any school to sell against, especially a G5. But I don't necessarily expect to see Maryland signing a Top 5 class anytime soon just because of that. And in 5 years, Scott will be graduated.
anEngineer
Riptide

One thing that Tulane can offer that Maryland can't is the opportunity to win a conference championship and with that, a chance to play in a major bowl game. Maryland is NEVER going to finish in the top 3 of the B1G in football no matter who they sign. The B1G could be the least competitive P5 conference and they are OK with that. They want Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St and Penn St to be the showcase programs. They want at least one of those 4 in the playoff every year and don't want any of the undercard messing that up.
GreenGears
Low Tide

anEngineer wrote:One thing that Tulane can offer that Maryland can't is the opportunity to win a conference championship and with that, a chance to play in a major bowl game. Maryland is NEVER going to finish in the top 3 of the B1G in football no matter who they sign. The B1G could be the least competitive P5 conference and they are OK with that. They want Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St and Penn St to be the showcase programs. They want at least one of those 4 in the playoff every year and don't want any of the undercard messing that up.
Unfortunately, I think people would say the same about Tulane and the American, even without big bruisers like Ohio St, Michigan or Michigan State.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenGears wrote:
anEngineer wrote:One thing that Tulane can offer that Maryland can't is the opportunity to win a conference championship and with that, a chance to play in a major bowl game. Maryland is NEVER going to finish in the top 3 of the B1G in football no matter who they sign. The B1G could be the least competitive P5 conference and they are OK with that. They want Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St and Penn St to be the showcase programs. They want at least one of those 4 in the playoff every year and don't want any of the undercard messing that up.
Unfortunately, I think people would say the same about Tulane and the American, even without big bruisers like Ohio St, Michigan or Michigan State.
I have to agree with anEngineer. The AAC is much more wide open potentially than the B1G will ever be. For instance, who saw Temple rising to the top like they did, just like we saw UCF go to the bottom so quickly. There's NO chance an Ohio State would ever finish at the bottom of the B1G. Just won't happen. The gap between us and Memphis/Houston/Temple talent wise is much, much closer than the gap between Ohio State and the bottom feeders of the B1G.
waveclem
Surge

Maryland has 3 former head coaches on their staff as assistants. Scott Shafer (Syracuse) is their defensive coordinator, Mike London (Virginia) is the associate head coach/defensive line, and Pete Lembo (he left Ball State to become an assistant at Maryland!) is the assistant head coach, special teams coordinator and tight ends coach. They have somewhat of an all star cast so I would say they have experience too.
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
GreenGears wrote:
I have to agree with anEngineer. The AAC is much more wide open potentially than the B1G will ever be. For instance, who saw Temple rising to the top like they did, just like we saw UCF go to the bottom so quickly. There's NO chance an Ohio State would ever finish at the bottom of the B1G. Just won't happen. The gap between us and Memphis/Houston/Temple talent wise is much, much closer than the gap between Ohio State and the bottom feeders of the B1G.

This sounds like the same argument as "Why sit on the bench at LSU, Ole Miss,etc. when you can come in and start right away here?" Real competitors don't look for the easy way out. I hate this loser kind of talk.
God Bless Everyone!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Maryland will have the QB running, probably not as much as Tulane but it will be part of the offense.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/tea ... /_/id/2032

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-te ... red-durkin

Rutgers will run some sort of spread. Their new OC coached under Herman at Houston.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index ... ordin.html

Still Tulane offers a place closer to home and Scott would probably start from day 1. On the one hand there is the challenge of P5, though you will have more competition to play, on the other hand there is the chance to build something in your back yard. Man it would be great to land Scott.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.