Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Hope we get him.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:Ed writes a very solid piece of advice

http://sportsnola.com/lsu-or-tulane-for-lindsey-scott/

Contrary to what some think, Ed is a Wave fan. I would think Lindsey Scott will read Ed's article.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Ed writes a very solid piece of advice

http://sportsnola.com/lsu-or-tulane-for-lindsey-scott/

Contrary to what some think, Ed is a Wave fan. I would think Lindsey Scott will read Ed's article.
Tulane needs to hire Ed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

With Scott visiting sMiles on January 29 what, if anything, is being said about LSU's style of play not being Lindsey's style and what in addition to Daniels' article and advice is Lindsey hearing from his family and friends, especially his father ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

Blizzard to unload immobilizing snow from DC to Philadelphia, NYC
College Park Maryland will be experiencing snowfall in amounts up to 24" starting Friday evening. Metro DC does not experience these kind of snowstorms very often, prompt clearing of the roads and airports may be an issue for those traveling to the area.
Thank you GOD!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Looks like quite the storm. Might be an act of god that Lindsey won't be able to visit either MD or Rutgers.
JerseyWave
Riptide

If he makes it to the Northeast he better bring snow gear. It's going to be a blizzard from Washington DC to New York. 12-24 inches with wind 50 mph.
oliveandblue
Surge

LSU will get him. They'll then waste him away and overrecruit at his position.

It's really sad, because I think he's got talent and would do incredible things here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

oliveandblue wrote:LSU will get him. They'll then waste him away and overrecruit at his position.

It's really sad, because I think he's got talent and would do incredible things here.
We just have to hope his dad talks some sense into him
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
puffy
Surge

oliveandblue wrote:LSU will get him. They'll then waste him away and overrecruit at his position.

It might be his dream school, for all we know.
Wave755
Tsunami

puffy wrote:

It might be his dream school, for all we know.
True, for most Louisiana football players LSU is their dream school and this has been true for a long time now (we completely squandered 1998). And, 17 & 18 year olds will make many decisions they regret later in life. The rational choice is Tulane, but......
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Simple decision:
Contribute, play immediately and get a great education he'll pick Tulane
Sit, watch and dream he'll pick LSU
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

So we have a QB leave because he thinks he won't play, but we may miss out on a potential QB because he chooses a school where he won't play over us where he would start? Go figure.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

Those brighter, at this time, lights that seduce youngsters are hard to overcome for an up and coming program like ours but hopefully Coach Fritz will crack a few of those on NSD.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
puffy
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Simple decision:
Contribute, play immediately and get a great education he'll pick Tulane
Sit, watch and dream he'll pick LSU
Agree with this sentiment. But if he were the only quarterback signed by LSU in this class, he's immediately the 3rd best, and probably the 2nd best, option by game 1 of the 2016 season. I've never been impressed with either Harris or Jennings. It wouldn't surprise me if he saw the field at some point in 2016, if he's as good as we all believe him to be.

With that having been said, as far as playing in a system that will feature his skill set, Tulane should be options #1, 2 and 3.
Jaxwave
Swell

Each SEC school just got a check for $32 mil for 2015. Can you imagine what perks, allowed or otherwise, they are providing to their athletes with all that money. Nobody is watching the hen house so don't think for a minute schools aren't abusing the rules every day.
AAC teams get what 2-3 million? You think the athletes in the SEC might live a little higher off the hog than those in the AAC? So the question is, does Scott think he'll get on the field in BR? The recent trend is go ahead and sign with the bigger school, you can always transfer. Also, don't be naive for one moment to think academics has anything to do with most of these player's decisions. I'll contend that it is a detriment in recruiting this state as most of the players don't have the ability or don't care to work hard enough to excel in class. They want the tutors to do their work.
I will be very surprised if either Scott or Pigrome sign with Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Mister Scott... I offer this... LSU had on campus for a visit one Tanner Lee, who was told his skills were not what the new offense at Tulane needed....obviously the offense at LSU was deemed to need the skills offered by one Tanner Lee. After going to the video...your skill set and that of Mr Lee, are totally 180 degrees different from each other...now where do you think your skills will be highlighted..LSU or Tulane...( I will offer a hint, the answer has more than 3 letters)
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm hearing Ohio St now interested in Scott.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

tpstulane wrote:I'm hearing Ohio St now interested in Scott.
Funny. They just got the former Maryland commit Haskins to commit to them. I guess you can never stockpile enough talented qbs.

As long as Tulane lands either Pigrome or Scott, they'll be fine for 2016. If they land neither, Fritz is going to have to produce a winning 2016 season to improve Tulane's rep for the next crop.
nawlinspete
Riptide

puffy wrote:
Funny. They just got the former Maryland commit Haskins to commit to them. I guess you can never stockpile enough talented qbs.
Wow. Two "sit on the bench career" potential offers versus a play and play your best now offer. Let us hope Mr Scott is a PLAYER and not an observer.
Jaxwave
Swell

That's probably just to screw with LSU.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote:
Could be. 247 has them #1 and #2 in best recruiting classes.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Talked to a friend of mine that lives in Baltimore about this weekends weather. Scott is scheduled to visit Maryland tomorrow and Rutgers on Sunday the 24th. My friend says he'll be able to get in but he may not be able to get out of College Park. Expecting 18-24" there.

Good chance he misses the Rutgers visit.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:
Actually, what each school is doing is screwing with Lindsey Scott Jr.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:
Actually, what each school is doing is screwing with Lindsey Scott Jr.
No, they're simply raging recruiting wars. It happens. We'd be tickled pink to land him, but it's a long shot. A very long shot.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V