Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:What we are left with:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... cbdcf.html
And, the article says Lindsey's last day for late Mizzou registration for the Spring semester is tomorrow. Talk about wait to the last minute? And, I will always suspect Scott was holding out for a better P5 offer that just didn't happen.

ajcalhoun
Swell

The article is a bit disengenuous when Guerry writes tha Scott chose LSU over Tulane in 2016. Technically he did but the way it was written makes it sound like that was Scott's final two, which is untrue. Scott had already eliminated us a couple of weeks before signing day and chose LSU over Maryland.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Its over. He committed to Missouri on Twitter
Yep. Jilted again. Oh well. If Tulane was a bad P5 he’d be coming here no doubt.
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/955551946517241859
And for Tulane at least, so ends the Saga of Lindsey Scott.
Yep. Tanner’s page count safe for now. Lol
At least till Scott graduates with a year of eligibility left and is looking to transfer again. :D
So he may yet be a Tulane One Year Wonder. Actually I expect Christian Daniels will be in his redshirt Sophomore year by then, and a solid starter at QB.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope it plays outt hat way too but there are some questions about the level of competition he faced in HS. The staff needs to keep after it at his position. I'm sure they will in the time we have left to get some more there.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Thanks goes out to Willie Fritz and his staff for this relentless recruiting effort. You can’t win them all but the effort put forth was outstanding and conveyed in Scott’s tweet. This is the type of coach we haven’t seen at Tulane in years. If Coach Fritz continues to work this hard at recruiting the results and efforts will soon pay off on the field. Hope he is now off to see the next QB.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

" Lindsey, you are dead to me "....mods, KILL this thread !!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

And, I assume Scott is in Columbia, Missouri this morning since according to the Guerry Smith article today is the last day for him to late enroll at Mizzou for the Spring Semester. And, I still think our last day to confirm registration was for Friday the 19th and, if so, we only pulled our offer to Scott after he had effectively decided not to register at Tulane for the Spring Semester.

Time to move on and we must all now remember, Scott "ain't the only fish in the sea."
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote:I hope it plays outt hat way too but there are some questions about the level of competition he faced in HS. The staff needs to keep after it at his position. I'm sure they will in the time we have left to get some more there.
I shouldn't overlook or discount Dane Leford--he comes from a storied football program that plays at a high classification in Texas. If Scott were to take advantage of his grad transfer option, I have to believe he would opt for Auburn--thereby completing the SEC Tiger Trifecta.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:
winwave wrote:I hope it plays outt hat way too but there are some questions about the level of competition he faced in HS. The staff needs to keep after it at his position. I'm sure they will in the time we have left to get some more there.
I shouldn't overlook or discount Dane Leford--he comes from a storied football program that plays at a high classification in Texas. If Scott were to take advantage of his grad transfer option, I have to believe he would opt for Auburn--thereby completing the SEC Tiger Trifecta.
:lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: If Scott were to take advantage of his grad transfer option, I have to believe he would opt for Auburn--thereby completing the SEC Tiger Trifecta.
:fastclap: :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:
Led ford was recruited by everyone else as things other than a QB. He didn't pan out here and was quickly moved to WR. He'll likely get time at QB in the spring b/c we'll need bodies there but he is far from the answer. The staff has to go out and get some quality QB's in the pipeline.

Good one about Scott. :lol:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Led ford was recruited by everyone else as things other than a QB. He didn't pan out here and was quickly moved to WR. He'll likely get time at QB in the spring b/c we'll need bodies there but he is far from the answer. The staff has to go out and get some quality QB's in the pipeline.

Good one about Scott. :lol:
And then, out of college as an undrafted free agent Lindsey can try out with the Cincinnati Bengals. :thumbup:
pansdad
Ripple

I certainly agree with GolfNut: kill the LS thread. We don't need to be continually reminded of this "Saga." Wipe it out forever and ever. :|
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

pansdad wrote:I certainly agree with GolfNut: kill the LS thread. We don't need to be continually reminded of this "Saga." Wipe it out forever and ever. :|
Rumor has it a former Saint's Player is trying to secure Louisiana Film Tax Credits to make a movie to be called "The Great Scott Recruiting Diary" to be told in two parts...another names under consideration " Tiger (not the golfer) Part Deux" ... "Duped, Again".... filming will also include cameo's by the "Cajun Cartel"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
pansdad wrote:I certainly agree with GolfNut: kill the LS thread. We don't need to be continually reminded of this "Saga." Wipe it out forever and ever. :|
Rumor has it a former Saint's Player is trying to secure Louisiana Film Tax Credits to make a movie to be called "The Great Scott Recruiting Diary" to be told in two parts...another names under consideration " Tiger (not the golfer) Part Deux" ... "Duped, Again".... filming will also include cameo's by the "Cajun Cartel"

Actually ÇJ is producing a short titled HOW I WAS UNABLE TO RECRUIT RECEIVERS EVEN THOUGH I HAD FOUR GREAT QBS ANDI I WAS A GREAT RECEIVERS COACH using the money I fraudulently took from Tulane.....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

The Saga of Lindsey Scott is a cautionary tale for G5s like Tulane. It proves in the end when in a tug-o-war with even a “tier 2 SEC P5 program” like Mizzou we will almost always lose. 247 ranks Mizzou’s 2018 recruiting class @ 40. Realistically Mizzou can hope to be competitive in the SEC with Vandy, Tennesse, So. Carolina & Kentucky but no more than a “whipping boy” for ‘Bama, Georgia, Auburn & LSU.

Yet, Mr. Scott is today, after considering Tulane since 2015, a Mizzou Tiger.
Bigschtick
Riptide

They will never do it!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Why kill it? If you don't like it don't click on it. Ths entire site gets about twenty new posts a day. I like reading new posts. I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:Why kill it? If you don't like it don't click on it. Ths entire site gets about twenty new posts a day. I like reading new posts. I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
Yes. It will die of natural causes at some point.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
See "Tulane and Notre Dame" in Der Rathskeller. It may change your mind.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

GreenLantern wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote: I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
See "Tulane and Notre Dame" in Der Rathskeller. It may change your mind.
Completely agree. The most lame thread of all time!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
Show Me
Tsunami

Did he actually sign yet? Can we still flip him?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Show Me wrote:Did he actually sign yet? Can we still flip him?
Quite possible but odds increase greatly if you do a quaddrubel backflip and post it here after your release from
the hospital.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Show Me wrote:Did he actually sign yet? Can we still flip him?
I think he has enrolled and is currently taking classes. That ship has sailed.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Why kill it? If you don't like it don't click on it. Ths entire site gets about twenty new posts a day. I like reading new posts. I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
Yes. It will die of natural causes at some point.
I agree with both ajcalhoun and tps. Zero reason to kill the thread and it will die due to lack of interest. Especially if/when he doesn't play QB at Missou.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V