Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Lindsey Scott had a composite rating of .8410, a mid range 3 star. For comparison, Kahlil McClain, our true freshman was had a rating of .8330. Not a lot of difference. Its not a matter of whether they believe in their ability or not, they also have to be realistic. The odds are very long that you're going to win the job at a school that's constantly recruiting 4 and 5 star QBs like LSU does. And even if you do, you'll wait your turn so long that the benefit is lost.

If Scott had come to Tulane, he'd have been our starter last year, and we'd have gone bowling, I have no doubt. So lets look into the future. Three years from now, Scott finishes his Tulane career with maybe 4 winning seasons, 4 bowl appearances and some records while leading a Tulane resurgence. You don't think that gives him a better chance than being a spot starter at a P5?
Unless he appeals and gets a bonus year like Lee did, he will only have three years of eligibility at an FBS school if he chooses one after sitting out 2017 under transfer requirement. (General rule is player has five years to complete four years of playing eligibility once he starts the clock which for Scott was last fall at LSU.)

However I'll assume that you are including Tulane's bowl game this up coming season too and that would be nice as well even if Scott is just an interested spectator.

For those who've forgotten just how good Scott can play in a Fritz type offense, just go rewatch some of his Zachary High highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1552093/lindsey-scott

RobertM320
Green Wave

lurker, I was referring to the "what-if", had he made the choice to come here to begin with. He'd probably already have a bowl appearance under his belt from last season, and we'd be set up for several more.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Lindsey Scott had a composite rating of .8410, a mid range 3 star. For comparison, Kahlil McClain, our true freshman was had a rating of .8330. Not a lot of difference. Its not a matter of whether they believe in their ability or not, they also have to be realistic. The odds are very long that you're going to win the job at a school that's constantly recruiting 4 and 5 star QBs like LSU does. And even if you do, you'll wait your turn so long that the benefit is lost.

If Scott had come to Tulane, he'd have been our starter last year, and we'd have gone bowling, I have no doubt. So lets look into the future. Three years from now, Scott finishes his Tulane career with maybe 4 winning seasons, 4 bowl appearances and some records while leading a Tulane resurgence. You don't think that gives him a better chance than being a spot starter at a P5?
Unless he appeals and gets a bonus year like Lee did, he will only have three years of eligibility at an FBS school if he chooses one after sitting out 2017 under transfer requirement. (General rule is player has five years to complete four years of playing eligibility once he starts the clock which for Scott was last fall at LSU.)

However I'll assume that you are including Tulane's bowl game this up coming season too and that would be nice as well even if Scott is just an interested spectator.

For those who've forgotten just how good Scott can play in a Fritz type offense, just go rewatch some of his Zachary High highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1552093/lindsey-scott
He was tailor-made for the WF offense. He got some bad advice to choose LSU. Once Miles was fired he should have seen the writing on the wall.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Ch 4 expects him to go the JC route.
Ruski
Swell

I don't think we need him anymore. We got Banks, Brantley, and McClain. All of whom are way ahead of Scott learning the system. Banks would have 1 year left, Brantley 2, and McClain 3, plus Ledford. Even if Scott has 3 years of eligibility left, is he that much better than McClain at Qb? Enough so to overcome an extra year of practice in the system?

Had he come last year or even this year things might be different. But I don't see Scott being so much better than what we have to offer immediate playing time. I'm sure there are other schools who have less competition.

Maybe Banks and Brantley really disappoint us this year. Maybe we get some terrible injuries. Maybe someone gets expelled. But until we see something like that I'd rather go find the next Lindsey Scott in the c/o 2018.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe Banks and Brantley really disappoint us this year. Maybe we get some terrible injuries. Maybe someone gets expelled. But until we see something like that I'd rather go find the next Lindsey Scott in the c/o 2018.
Or we could already have him in Amare Jones. Composite 3 star, .8328 rating, just about what McClain is. Only 5'9.5" though, and I think he was recruited as an athlete, but you never know.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There's a good chance he's going the JUCO route so by then we'll have a much better idea of what we have. We'll also then have an idea of how Scott looks now. Then our coaches will know if he's worth pursuing.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Or we could already have him in Amare Jones. Composite 3 star, .8328 rating, just about what McClain is. Only 5'9.5" though, and I think he was recruited as an athlete, but you never know.

I think he's expected to play RB
lurker123
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:lurker, I was referring to the "what-if", had he made the choice to come here to begin with. He'd probably already have a bowl appearance under his belt from last season, and we'd be set up for several more.
Thanks for explaining. Your analysis would have even been better than my proposed one and I agree with it. Tulane bowls last year with a healthy Scott at QB.

I think that ship has sailed but stranger things have happened especially if he ends up at Last Chance CC. Regardless he needs to play QB somewhere. He was an octagonal peg in a very round hole at LSU and headed to being perhaps a returner at best if he had stayed there under Canada's system.
Jaxwave
Swell

So the recruit who had Harvard as a finalist before signing with LSU, is now going JUCO. Yeah, I believe that whole Harvard thing, right!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

That's my understanding as well. But if he looked good enough, who knows?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's no shortage of good academic FCS schools that would enable Scott to be eligible to play this season. Most of the good ones are pretty well set at QB, so he'd have to wait his chance. It's late in the year to think he'd go into any school and be handed the job. There's plenty of FCS schools that he wouldn't start at had he been there since January.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Great Scott can have the pick of his position of choice at Delgado JC
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

That's my understanding as well. But if he looked good enough, who knows?
We also have Patrick Shegog from Mississippi
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It looks like community college it is -> EMCC.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ae8ce.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:It looks like community college it is -> EMCC.

I guess John Curtis Christian did not have room for him !!!!.....Last Chance U it is...best of luck
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He'll play this year and be eligible to play D1 next year. Problem will be transfering credits. Who knows how this plays out. Good luck to the young man.
AugWave
Swell

Hope it works out for him. Especially at that school, because after watching season 2 of Last Chance U, it seems there are a lot of players with characters issues there. Hopefully none of that rubs off on him.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

"an informed decision"...too bad they did not make an informed decision when signing out of high school..he would not have gotten PEE'd on

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... iver_index
Robert1969
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:

"an informed decision"...too bad they did not make an informed decision when signing out of high school..he would not have gotten PEE'd on

Unfortunately, high school students do not always make good decisions. As has been said: if you are good enough, the NFL will find you, unless you are on the bench. At a P5 school you can be really really really good and still ride pine, and never see the inside of an NFL lockerroom four years later. Everyone wants to prove they are the best, and so everyone wants to take on the challenge of winning the starting job at a P5 school.

The result is that you have a good 30-40 players on P5 rosters who almost never get their chance to shine. Put those 30-40 players at a school like Tulane, and they will win a lot of games, go bowling on a regular basis, and if good enough, make it in the NFL. Tulane, lowly Tulane, has 12-13 guys on NFL preseason rosters, and that should tell guys like Lindsey Scott all they need to know to get the exposure they need to get to the pros. Unfortunately for their careers, they would rather glory hunt at an LSU-type school than pretty much guarantee themselves playing time and exposure to NFL scouts at a Tulane or other G5 school.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Robert1969 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Unfortunately, high school students do not always make good decisions. As has been said: if you are good enough, the NFL will find you, unless you are on the bench. At a P5 school you can be really really really good and still ride pine, and never see the inside of an NFL lockerroom four years later. Everyone wants to prove they are the best, and so everyone wants to take on the challenge of winning the starting job at a P5 school.

The result is that you have a good 30-40 players on P5 rosters who almost never get their chance to shine. Put those 30-40 players at a school like Tulane, and they will win a lot of games, go bowling on a regular basis, and if good enough, make it in the NFL. Tulane, lowly Tulane, has 12-13 guys on NFL preseason rosters, and that should tell guys like Lindsey Scott all they need to know to get the exposure they need to get to the pros. Unfortunately for their careers, they would rather glory hunt at an LSU-type school than pretty much guarantee themselves playing time and exposure to NFL scouts at a Tulane or other G5 school.
I may be incorrect, but over the course of the last two NFL drafts the AAC has produced more choices than the vaunted PEE 5 juggernauts in the Big 12...so agreeing with your analyst. U ain't getting noticed sitting you ass on the bench....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

I may be incorrect, but over the course of the last two NFL drafts the AAC has produced more choices than the vaunted PEE 5 juggernauts in the Big 12...so agreeing with your analyst. U ain't getting noticed sitting you ass on the bench....
We've had a few players that were on the bench make it in the NFL. It's not like "Fat Rob" Kelly was a starter, but he did play a good deal. We've had others that didn't play much but somehow got an invite to NFL camp and made an impression. Back in the 80's we had a D lineman named Jerry Baker (who changed his name to Shady Black) that played STs, but very rarely on the field otherwise. He had a couple of years with the Denver Broncos. At the other end of the spectrum, we had a GREAT linebacker named Sly McGrew that got drafted by the Patriots, whom were VERY deep at LB, and when he got cut he never hooked on.

Times have changed, for sure. But to claim we have 12-13 players on NFL training camp rosters (where there's 3500-4000 competing for 1700 spots) is a bit misleading. Realistically, we'll have 6-7 players make a roster or taxi squad. Which is pretty good, until you realize that certain high schools have more! But your right, Robert, if you can play this game, they will find you.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Heck, even Xavier Rush is getting a look-see. Now, that may be more the fact the Saints got to see him practice a lot while at Tulane, or that CJ is the WR coach, but it still proves the point. If Rush had been at LSU, he'd have seen the field so seldom he would never get an invite to an NFL camp.
Dave breslin
Swell

Harvard has opened a satellite campus in BF Mississippi
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981