Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:Auburn won a NC running the spread in the SEC.
With the single greatest freak-of-nature dual threat QB in the history of football. The antidote for the spread has become prescriptive - until you run up against a freak-of-nature.
It is very easy for a pro scheme team to incorporate elements of the spread into their game plan if they have a gifted dual-threat QB.
Lyndsey Scott / Lowell Narcisse

winwave
Top of the WAVE

You mustn't watch a lot of college football.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:You mustn't watch a lot of college football.
You can attack me all you want, I really don't care, but can you address the point?
RobertM320
Green Wave

wave97 wrote:
With the single greatest freak-of-nature dual threat QB in the history of football. The antidote for the spread has become prescriptive - until you run up against a freak-of-nature.
It is very easy for a pro scheme team to incorporate elements of the spread into their game plan if they have a gifted dual-threat QB.
I hardly think 3 star Lindsey Scott qualifies as a "freak-of-nature".
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
I thought we had a former 4 star rated QB enrolling in Janurary
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
I never said he was. He's a gifted dual-threat, who should provide good R/O execution if LSU chooses to add it to their offense.
WeWave2
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:
Depends on how you define "freak". The current staff tested incoming freshman. Scott scored the highest on the Wonderlic than any player in LSU history. https://twitter.com/RecruitDigest/statu ... 0880832512

4th All-time State-wide in Career Yards. Passed for 3000 and rushed for 2000 yards in Louisiana 5A, plus the intelligence factor leads to believe that there are some "freakish" things about this kid. Though shorter in stature, his 210 lbs frame presents a unique challenge when he decides to run. I would love to see him a system that fits.

In the recruiting world, its widely understood that at 2" taller, he's 4 star QB. Or if he had allowed himself to be categorized as an Athlete (ATH) he could have garnered a 4 Star rating.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Now that LSU has decided on Coach O as their HC and he's has let it be known that his wants a pro style QB it's time for Lindsey Scott to start looking for another place to play more suited to his skills
I wonder if he could get an extra year in the same manner that Tanner Lee got one? Change of regime, new coach is not running a scheme that matches his talents, etc.
No chance. When he signed they were playing a pro style so there is no change in system.
Coach O says that he is going to the spread.

https://twitter.com/CBoutwell_/status/8 ... 5638138880

Says that his QBs need to be dual threat:

"Ed Orgeron: "I do believe that nowadays, you do have to run the spread offense. You do have to have a dual-threat quarterback." #LSU"

https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/8 ... 3018977281

Scott could look like a prophet if O actually goes to a spread.
Like I said he won't be getting an extra year of eligibility. LOL.
And you're right. If they go a spread (as O proclaimed yesterday), he won't need the extra year. The timing of Les Miles firing (due to pressures to "open the offense"), the attempt to hire Herman (a spread guy), and O's about-face (due to Administrative pressures) on "spread philosophy", makes the potential very interesting. Scott's gamble may seem in the end, more calculated.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote:
winwave wrote:You mustn't watch a lot of college football.
You can attack me all you want, I really don't care, but can you address the point?
The point is there are a lot of successful programs running the spread.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Would be less confusing if the name of this thread were changed to something such as:
"Lindsey Scott Committed to LSU In Early 2016"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It would make a whole lot more sense if we stopped posting on this thread. For crying out loud, we have 15 pages about a kid that chose to go to LSU over Tulane. BFD. If he transfers, great, if not, let him ride pine in Red Stick

And, yes, I know I'm guilty of posting above. It's time for us all to move on from Mr. Scott, wish him well and let his college football career play out. Otherwise we're like the HS girl stalking the prom to see how her mythical dates dance with their real dates.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

It was fun watching Scott in HS and I wish him well. However if he did score the "highest ever" of any LSU recruit, it says alot more about the other recruits than it does about Scott and I know Harvard was after him hard too.

As noted above, I care about Banks showing up in January.
Wavetime
Swell

winwave wrote:
Wavetime wrote:My High School coach told several very good players including myself (I was in the room, not a recruited player) to listen to your heart and think of your future outside of football when deciding on a college. Also, he said, if there is any doubt, "Go where you are going to play". I still remember that quote.

How many athletes go and are the 5th string player at State U. Now, if you decide to go to a school that has your major etc, and you don't play, I can somewhat understand. However, to go and ride the pine for 4-5 years is just ridiculous. There are schools out there in every conference where Freshman play more in that one year than 5th year Seniors play in their entire careers. Just makes no sense.
WT- Three of the players they had that we wanted and had a shot at are all playing- Moreau, Riley and Gage. They followed their dream and it has worked out. Coming here and playing but playing on a losing team just doesn't have any appeal to it. WF has his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail. We have to hope he strikes gold b/c otherwise it's over. If a winner like Fritz can't win here the pool of candidates next time will be very weak. Go get 'em Willie.

WW, I really think he will be successful. If he can get the OL's that he wants and a decent QB, just a decent one, we will win. Our Defense if good enough.
Wavetime
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:

We do, a transfer from a Kansas JC. He was a Kansas St. recruit.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut wrote:
Nick Montana. ;)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Took very few snaps at LSU scrimmage today as 5th string QB. Even true freshman played ahead of him and took more snaps.
We all know what a poor decision he made going there. He would have had a great chance to start for 4 years at Tulane.
Wave755
Tsunami

Shame on Les Miles; Lindsey's excuse is he was only 18 when the decision was made.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:Took very few snaps at LSU scrimmage today as 5th string QB. Even true freshman played ahead of him and took more snaps.
We all know what a poor decision he made going there. He would have had a great chance to start for 4 years at Tulane.

he could be the next great QB at GSU next year...hell if he leaves now, maybe this year !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not this year at GSU. Kincaid is much better than Scott.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Not this year at GSU. Kincaid is much better than Scott.
maybe Southern ?
ajcalhoun
Swell

He was accepted to Harvard. It would really be a shame if he ended up at GSU or Southern.
God Bless Everyone!
lurker123
Swell

He grew up and still lives in EBR (closer to Southern than LSU.) Perhaps he thought new OC would open opportunities for him but it appears it's even less. At end of day, he is probably only about 5'10". He simply does not project "physically" in minds of these coaches and their systems even though you can call him a pro-style QB all you want.

To be a Jose Altuve, he has to get the at-bats and absent a bus wreck, it ain't happening at LSU. We all know it would have at Tulane.

He obviously is perfect fit for Fritz's system. I doubt he ever ends up at Tulane. My guess is he bolts from LSU either this year or next to a JC so he can play immediately and make another recruiting run somewhere. Interesting Harvard was mentioned again. Who knows?
Jaxwave
Swell

I don't think Harvard is going to take his transfer credits from LSU.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote:I don't think Harvard is going to take his transfer credits from LSU.
say what !.That bastion of higher learning, the "KingFish" of Louisiana's Public Universities and those Ivy league snobs will not accept his credits ?!?
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I don't think Harvard is going to take his transfer credits from LSU.
say what !.That bastion of higher learning, the "KingFish" of Louisiana's Public Universities and those Ivy league snobs will not accept his credits ?!?
Remember LSU’s QB Andrew Hatch who transferred from Harvard to LSU and then back to Harvard?

NYT Article: “And because Harvard did not count any of his L.S.U. credits, it made him a sophomore.” :P

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/sport ... rvard.html