Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
WeWave2
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
DfromCT wrote:The parents need to back off and let the kids live their lives, and not try to live vicariously through their kids. Too much media time is a problem with these overbearing parents. Anyone remember CJ's QB recruit from Mississippi that bolted when we changed coaches? I cannot remember his name, either, but wonder how he's doing? He never came to Tulane, but I wish him well.
You're thinking of Jack Abraham. Jack had an outstanding career at Northwest Mississippi CC, losing to Lindsey Scott's team 67-66 in double overtime (MACJC championship game). Jack had the better performance, throwing for 34 completions and 5 TDs with 1 int. Lindsey Scott's team came from behind to force overtime, eventually winning on a 2-point conversion. Helluva game.

BTW, Jack Abraham has committed to Southern Miss.

Shea Patterson, another Miss QB who graduated the same year as Jack, went on to play for Ole Miss. He was injured and missed much of the year. Now that Ole Miss players have been granted permission by the NCAA to speak with other schools, Shea Patterson is visiting Michigan. There won't be much left of Ole Miss.
Thank you. You're right it was Jack Abraham. Wish him luck, and hope we don't play him. Does he have two or three years eligibility left?
Abraham threw for 484 5 TDs. Scott threw for 471 5 Tds. Both had 1 int. Scott rushed for 104. 575 total. Scott threw for 371 in the first meeting and rushed for 126. Abraham's offer was pulled by Tulane. Good QB. He didnt fit the WF system.

WeWave2
Ripple

Ruski wrote:
winwave wrote:He beat Scott's team the first time this season and then lost to them in the championship game.
You're right, beat them and then lost to them by one point in double OT but it wasn't the championship. Also Abraham announced on Monday he's transferring to Southern Miss.
It was the conference championship.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Advocate knows all...14 days until his announcement (for someone who cannot "Pass" how the hell did he play in the JUCO Offense ?)

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ign=buffer
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
WeWave2
Ripple

lurker123 wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.
Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.
Word out if BR? I was told by a former Tulane QB, that he was told by Orgeron that he didnt like his height from day one. This other narrative is a manufactured one. Word in BR is that Scott saw limited reps in BR. He threw for 3000+ yds in his senior year in HS and 3500 this season. His offers are constistent with his measurables.
I'm not saying Lindsay Scott will be another Mugsgy Bouges but he simply is another athletic playmaker like Bouges. Forget what Scott did at LCU. Look at his Zachary tape. He was the most successful top classification Louisiana HS QB I've ever seen. He will make it happen somewhere for a coach who cares about results and not that the player is six inches too short to play the position according to the "experts."
Agreed. Google Tyrell Pigrome, who started for Maryland this year. Watch how he lit Texas up in week 1. Same height.
WeWave2
Ripple

lurker123 wrote:I doubt he comes to Tulane but that he was fourth string at LSU and barely even sniffed the practice field only reinforces the opinion of those who could recruit him that he can't play FBS QB because of his height. They will dismiss his earlier success as being against low level competition.

Fritz wants him bad for a reason. I'm absolutely ok that some (many?) FBS teams are currently passing on him. Just like Nico Marley.
Could it be that the guys who recruited him got fired, who also had him at 3rd on the depth chart? Could it be that he was never given a fair shot with the new staff? I dont claim to know. But, After what he's done in JUCO, Im not willing to put a lot of weight on closed practices in BR.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.
Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.
Word out if BR? I was told by a former Tulane QB, that he was told by Orgeron that he didnt like his height from day one. This other narrative is a manufactured one. Word in BR is that Scott saw limited reps in BR. He threw for 3000+ yds in his senior year in HS and 3500 this season. His offers are constistent with his measurables.
His height , or lack thereof , affects his ability to see the field. Huge step up from HS.
See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth
GreenLantern
Riptide

WeWave2 wrote: See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth
I share your enthusiasm for Lindsey and think he would be quite the difference maker for Tulane.

And OBTW, it's good to have you on gotula.net, Mr. Scott.
anEngineer
Riptide

There is no doubt that had Scott come to Tulane in 2016, things for him and Tulane would have been VERY different. It's not a stretch to think Tulane goes to a bowl game his first year. That being said, things have changed. Had Scott been on the roster, Banks isn't here. Banks has some limitations but he is bigger and stronger than Scott and he frequently showed how tough he is. He should be more comfortable in the offense next year. This staff has signed or gotten commitments from QBs that they apparently felt good about. Scott is quite a talent and having him is better than not having him, but I am not sure he walks in as the automatic top guy anymore.
GreenLantern
Riptide

anEngineer wrote:There is no doubt that had Scott come to Tulane in 2016, things for him and Tulane would have been VERY different. It's not a stretch to think Tulane goes to a bowl game his first year. That being said, things have changed. Had Scott been on the roster, Banks isn't here. Banks has some limitations but he is bigger and stronger than Scott and he frequently showed how tough he is. He should be more comfortable in the offense next year. This staff has signed or gotten commitments from QBs that they apparently felt good about. Scott is quite a talent and having him is better than not having him, but I am not sure he walks in as the automatic top guy anymore.
Agreed. But it would be great to have this type of competition at Tulane, huh?
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:Simple. Their top flight QB recruit in that class bolted very late in the process. Their fans were livid that they didn't have a QB in the class. The media was blowing Scott's profile up. They then started pursuing Scott and he took the bait.
And my inner conspiracy theorist wants to believe that LSUgh, knowing the importance of the possible Scott commitment to Tulane, wanted him all the more. What makes competitive LA recruiting weaker, makes LSUgh stronger.
Lantern there's no need for your inner conspiracy theorist when it comes to LSWHO's mindset on recruiting. You are absolutely correct that they operate that way. It's just that in this instance things really fell apart for them very late. The media helped them out by playing up Scott's abilities so the fans were satisfied when they got him. They were just saving face.
Media help? This is ridiculous. 5000 yards and 61 TDs and a state title, plus Scott was recruited by LSU for 2 years, while not being contacted by Tulane until after the state title was certainly a factor. Of coursd that wasnt WFs fault.
He didn't have great offers coming out compared to his HS numbers. LSU didn't get on him till all their top flight commits bailed. That's when they offered him.
LSU had been "on him" for 2 years. In fact our offer didnt come until December of his Sr. year. Maryland, Wake Forest, Rutgers were also late offers. He had been committes to Syracuse until the staff was fired.
WeWave2
Ripple

GreenLantern wrote:
WeWave2 wrote: See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth
I share your enthusiasm for Lindsey and think he would be quite the difference maker for Tulane.

And OBTW, it's good to have you on gotula.net, Mr. Scott.
Dont you mean Lavar Ball? :lol:
WeWave2
Ripple

anEngineer wrote:There is no doubt that had Scott come to Tulane in 2016, things for him and Tulane would have been VERY different. It's not a stretch to think Tulane goes to a bowl game his first year. That being said, things have changed. Had Scott been on the roster, Banks isn't here. Banks has some limitations but he is bigger and stronger than Scott and he frequently showed how tough he is. He should be more comfortable in the offense next year. This staff has signed or gotten commitments from QBs that they apparently felt good about. Scott is quite a talent and having him is better than not having him, but I am not sure he walks in as the automatic top guy anymore.
Totally agree. I'm on the Banks train. I think he leads us to a bowl birth next season, and gives us a chance to get some of our young guys ready.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

For a guy that "can't pass and is suited to a run heavy offense", he sure put up some decent passing numbers:

Courtesy of the Biloxi Sun Herald (via The Advocate):
In 12 games for EMCC this season, the redshirt freshman completed 64.8 percent of his passes for 3,481 yards and 29 touchdowns against 11 interceptions. He also rushed for 729 yards and six touchdowns.
If the Sun Herald is right, Scott would come in as a RS Sophmore. That would mean that even if Banks beat him out, he'd be the backup for a year (and we know we need quality backups at QB) and could compete for starting job two more years. Who knows, maybe he does beat out Banks. Maybe he goes elsewhere. We'll find out December 20th.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:I would like to see Scott @ Tulane, will it happen, I highly doubt it... If there is anyway for him to go to an SEC school that is where he will end up, especially if that school is on LSU's schedule in the near future... I would hate to see the young man end up at Kansas, and I have to admit I am surprised Texas Tech is not in the mix, since they need a QB for next season. UH may even come into play within the next few weeks and depending who is hired at UCF or FSU a trip to the state of Florida may be in the mix
If "showing LSU" is part of Scott's motivation, he couldn't pick a better school than Tulane. If he goes to another SEC school, he will get 2 or 3 games against LSU. But if he comes to Tulane, and helps WF to regenerate the program, that will do far more lasting damage to LSU than anything he could do in just 2 or 3 games.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenphantom
Swell

He would be a nice get but his list of schools isn’t very impressive. Thinking some may be overhyping his potential. Still would be nice though as he would have 3 years of eligibility left.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:He would be a nice get but his list of schools isn’t very impressive. Thinking some may be overhyping his potential. Still would be nice though as he would have 3 years of eligibility left.

aahhhh...the Sights and Sounds of the Riverwalk during the Holiday Season, or any season for that matter...I am sure Scott will enjoy the trip
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
WeWave2
Ripple

greenphantom wrote:He would be a nice get but his list of schools isn’t very impressive. Thinking some may be overhyping his potential. Still would be nice though as he would have 3 years of eligibility left.
Agreed. His offer list seems pretty consistent with a QB with his measurables. His recruitment out of HS was better than Russell Wilsons. It may not his "potential" that is over hyped. Its more about skillset vs system and fit. Again, I think we are more than ok without him.
Ruski
Swell

If we can land him we'll have: Banks, Scott, McClain, and the highly rated lefty Christian Daniels. That's a solid stable of QBs for the next 2/3 years.
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

aahhhh...the Sights and Sounds of the Riverwalk during the Holiday Season, or any season for that matter...I am sure Scott will enjoy the trip
That’s kind of the feel I got from reading the article. He’s hoping for bigger offers.
greenphantom
Swell

WeWave2 wrote:
Agreed. His offer list seems pretty consistent with a QB with his measurables. His recruitment out of HS was better than Russell Wilsons. It may not his "potential" that is over hyped. Its more about skillset vs system and fit. Again, I think we are more than ok without him.
Not really. Wilson had offers from NC State and Duke. Only better one Scott had was LSU who took a late flyer on him to keep him from going to Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote: Face it, Lindsey. Its obviously in the cards for you to come to Tulane. Stop fighting what's meant to be.
I would love to have him here. It looks like he has his heart set on a P5 school. We shall see.
Lindsey was PEE'd on once...let's see if he has learned anything while in JC...word of his destination, should be forthcoming if he plans on enrolling for the "spring semester"
The biggest problem with Scott is his father. Think Lavar Ball. P5 is everything to him.
Lavar Ball? If he doesnt choose us, so be it. But Im starting see posts like this merely because we might not get him. We are starting to sound like LSWHO fans. Everything every read about this family, is that they are very classy people.
BS. The post is about how his father influences his decisions. He recently was interviewed at the school in Ms. by a NOLA reporter who drove over there. His father found out and rushed over there to interject himself. The history in his recruiting speaks to it.

I hope we get him and he pans out. I like Banks and am hopeful like everyone else that he will progress and be even better next year. As we all know our issues on the O-Line expose our QB's to injuries so we need quality players there. I'd prefer him to what we currently have at the backup spot for next year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
His height , or lack thereof , affects his ability to see the field. Huge step up from HS.
See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth
Two different players and two different offenses. The bottom line is that there is no doubt height can be an issue especially when you are talking 5'9". If we go true spread it helps to overcome it. I'm a big proponent of us going to that offense so I hope he comes, we go to the spread and he flourishes.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:Simple. Their top flight QB recruit in that class bolted very late in the process. Their fans were livid that they didn't have a QB in the class. The media was blowing Scott's profile up. They then started pursuing Scott and he took the bait.
And my inner conspiracy theorist wants to believe that LSUgh, knowing the importance of the possible Scott commitment to Tulane, wanted him all the more. What makes competitive LA recruiting weaker, makes LSUgh stronger.
Lantern there's no need for your inner conspiracy theorist when it comes to LSWHO's mindset on recruiting. You are absolutely correct that they operate that way. It's just that in this instance things really fell apart for them very late. The media helped them out by playing up Scott's abilities so the fans were satisfied when they got him. They were just saving face.
Media help? This is ridiculous. 5000 yards and 61 TDs and a state title, plus Scott was recruited by LSU for 2 years, while not being contacted by Tulane until after the state title was certainly a factor. Of coursd that wasnt WFs fault.
He didn't have great offers coming out compared to his HS numbers. LSU didn't get on him till all their top flight commits bailed. That's when they offered him.
LSU had been "on him" for 2 years. In fact our offer didnt come until December of his Sr. year. Maryland, Wake Forest, Rutgers were also late offers. He had been committes to Syracuse until the staff was fired.
No they hadn't and they certainly didn't offer till they had their backs to the wall. Everyone but him and his father saw through it. Hopefully they have a better view of things this go around.
RobertM320
Green Wave

OK, we'll put this discussion to bed once and for all. Here's Scott's tweet of his receiving the offer from LSU. Its dated Jan 19, 2016, 15 days before signing date. So NO, LSU wasn't "on him" for two years.

EDIT: And the very first post of this thread says we offered him on Dec 13, 2015, immediately after Fritz became HC.
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/689559563817775104
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

The Green Wave have been one of the schools recruiting Scott the hardest, Scott said.

“When I came to JUCO they were the first people calling me so they were always very (interested),” the 5-foot-11, 210-pound quarterback said.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ign=buffer