Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
ccap05
Surge

Interesting that Tulane offered to Lindsey Scott today. He seems like a quality player with a good academic background. I wonder if this was in the works or if this was a quick decision by our new HC. I also wonder if this will effect (or was effected by) the strength of Jack Abraham's commitment. I do not pretend to have any insight into these issues but it does seem curious and, perhaps, and indicator of the type of offense that Coach Fritz might institute.
Last edited by ccap05 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenLantern
Riptide

Think you mean Lindsey Scott. Lyndsey is much more fetching in her underwear but this could be a locker room distraction.
DrBox
Riptide

There is no way this was in the works; CJ had every opportunity to offer him and didn't.
CJ has always recruited the minimum number of QBs necessary. We should probably sign 2 QBs. Not probably, definitely.
Robert1969
Riptide

NOLA.com says Fritz offered him. I don't think CJ wanted a dual threat QB. He's had chances to recruit them, and never did. He had tunnel vision in regards to running the Saints' playbook. He wanted Tulane to be Saints JR, and his QB to be Brees Jr. So, I don't think this offer has anything to do with CJ.
ccap05
Surge

DrBox wrote:There is no way this was in the works; CJ had every opportunity to offer him and didn't.
CJ has always recruited the minimum number of QBs necessary. We should probably sign 2 QBs. Not probably, definitely.
If you are correct (and I do not disagree with your analysis) then it means that Fritz is coming rushing out of the gates. While this is to be expected of a new coach it is never the less a good sign. For the first time in a a couple of years I am excited about our football program. At this point the basketball team will either need a miraculous turnaround or we will be seeing a new coach and either way is a win for Tulane athletics. Throw in Lisa's continued success and what looks to be an improved situation in baseball and things, finally, are looking up.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Robert1969 wrote:NOLA.com says Fritz offered him. I don't think CJ wanted a dual threat QB. He's had chances to recruit them, and never did. He had tunnel vision in regards to running the Saints' playbook. He wanted Tulane to be Saints JR, and his QB to be Brees Jr. So, I don't think this offer has anything to do with CJ.
Right
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... acuse.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Darn, wrong Lindsay Scott!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Go get'em WF. Exciting times indeed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

His highlights from the State Championship game on Sat nite.
http://wgno.com/2015/12/13/zachary-wins ... ip-game-2/
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Think you mean Lindsey Scott. Lyndsey is much more fetching in her underwear but this could be a locker room distraction.
I am damn glad it was not Lindsey Nelson !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ExileWave
Surge

Trevor Knight from OU might be a nice stop gap- he is graduating so could be eliglible immediately, and he got a full release from Stoops. Plus WF is following him on Twitter!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... medium=RSS
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ExileWave wrote:Trevor Knight from OU might be a nice stop gap- he is graduating so could be eliglible immediately, and he got a full release from Stoops. Plus WF is following him on Twitter!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... medium=RSS
I think he is only a JR in eligibility...he may be graduating early...but he will have two years left
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

He would be a great pick-up!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Just as Tulane is losing some recruits due to the coaching change, Syracuse (where Scott is committed) has gone through a coaching change. They hired Dino Babers, so it might not be a big deal for their recruits (no fear of the offense being a triple option.) Certainly, Lindsey Scott is not going to the coaching staff that recruited him to the cold, snowy, in the middle of nowhere friendly confines of Syracuse, NY. I would really play up the weather. Yes, the Carrier Dome is where they play their games, but getting to classes, and around campus might not be as much fun with the amount of snow Syracuse gets. I know I was accepted at 'Cuse before I heard from Tulane (a long, long time ago!) and when I got into Tulane, that's what changed my mind.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
puffy
Surge

Landing Scott would more than offset the decommitment of Abraham. The unknown with regards to the coaching change at Syracuse might work in Tulane's favor.

Sounds like Abraham is seeking a pro-style offense to operate in. He might find it in Cal where he has on offer, but they've already gotten a commit from a higher rated pro style quarterback. Wish him the best of luck nonetheless.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:Just as Tulane is losing some recruits due to the coaching change, Syracuse (where Scott is committed) has gone through a coaching change. They hired Dino Babers, so it might not be a big deal for their recruits (no fear of the offense being a triple option.) Certainly, Lindsey Scott is not going to the coaching staff that recruited him to the cold, snowy, in the middle of nowhere friendly confines of Syracuse, NY. I would really play up the weather. Yes, the Carrier Dome is where they play their games, but getting to classes, and around campus might not be as much fun with the amount of snow Syracuse gets. I know I was accepted at 'Cuse before I heard from Tulane (a long, long time ago!) and when I got into Tulane, that's what changed my mind.
The snow in upstate NY is on another level.....and I grew up in Boston.
TU23
High Tide

I know Fritz is saying that he'll work with the personnel we have here and fit the offense to what they do. That is only going to be temporary. He's recruiting QBs who can run from here on out. We won't be considering any strict pocket passers. I think he made that clear to Abraham, who isn't a runner.
puffy
Surge

Just saw a highlight reel of Scott's junior season on youtube. He seems in the same mold of Houston's quarterback. Looks like he's got good accuracy on the deep ball (he did have great protection and time to throw). He's listed at 5'11", but that seems a little generous based on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLjw1RQ8U6o
RobertM320
Green Wave

Coach Willie Fritz doing work!

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... iver_index
In fact, the new head man is personally recruiting Scott, along with Tulane ace recruiter Jason Rollins, who is the team's defensive backs coach.

Scott is picking up a lot of interest from major programs such as Texas A&M, which could complicate things for Tulane, but the groundwork has been put in to give the Green Wave a reasonable chance to sway the dynamic quarterback. The Syracuse commit is expected to visit Tulane in the near future.
Scott's teammate, wide receiver Douglas Coleman is also receiving increased attention from the Wave. Coleman has an official visit scheduled for January. Coleman is a versatile athlete who could play wide receiver or defensive back at the next level.
University Lab standout athlete Tre Jackson finds himself in a peculiar situation. The long-time South Carolina commitment is currently in limbo, as the head coaching change in Columbia has turned a clear decision into a cloudy situation.

Jackson is being courted by Rollins, and sources state that Tulane may have the edge in obtaining Jackson's services, which would be a huge pull for Fritz and his staff.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

Lindsey, take a look at the weather forecasts for the next few days: Upstate New York to have highs in the teens, winds and precipitation, ie snow.

You know you do not want to spend the rest of your life there; there is no reason to spend three or four years there.

You are wanted by Tulane, take our offer and thrive as a student athlete as you develop lifelong contacts that enhance your post football life in Louisiana.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I spend a YEAR in Buffalo ONE WEEK during Feburary... I think it snowed every waking minute !!!!...it is worse than Colorado, which only has two Seasons. Winter and Road Repair ... There was one good thing about the Buffalo trip, Burt Reynolds and Goldie Hawn were filming a movie and the cast and crew were in the hotel we were staying at, The Hilton on Lake Erie... there were some fun times at the enclosed, heated roof top pool each evening !!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Replay of Ehret vs Zachary state championship on Fox Sports New Orleans now. Scott looks great.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:Lindsey, take a look at the weather forecasts for the next few days: Upstate New York to have highs in the teens, winds and precipitation, ie snow.

You know you do not want to spend the rest of your life there; there is no reason to spend three or four years there.

You are wanted by Tulane, take our offer and thrive as a student athlete as you develop lifelong contacts that enhance your post football life in Louisiana.
And don't forget, he'll have to miss Mardi Gras every year if he goes to Syracuse.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He's a carbon copy of Shaun King. With maybe a stronger arm.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:He's a carbon copy of Shaun King. With maybe a stronger arm.
I am assuming the 'younger" version