Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

puffy
Surge
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby puffy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Pigrome and the highly touted true freshman Maryland backup qb both tore their ACLs this season. Scott was once offered a scholarship by Maryland. I wouldn't be surprised if he is back on their radar. Who knows when either of those QBs will be recovered sufficiently enough to take over in 2018.

HoustonWave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:What if...
phpBB [video]


From watching this video, his skills are tailor made for Tulane's offense. What P5 runs a similar offense? Maryland's offense has some similarity, but they already have Pigrome. He'll get a lot of P5 attention, but it all could just represent another repeat of his LSU experience. I'm not so sure Tulane isn't the obvious place for Scott.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:33 am

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DrBox wrote:Scott would fit with most SEC offenses; the only ones he really wouldn't fit with are LSU and Alabama.
He'd be nice here. He'd be, what, a sophomore, sit for a year, and then take over for 2.


I think, or hallucinate, he will end up at either Tulane or Auburn ...If the kid is afraid of competition from Banks or some other player, and I do no think he is, then why would we want him ?


The issue with Scott and who may recruit him has not and will never change until the HGH kicks in. He is at most 5'9" and that scares away many coaches who want a 6'4", 220 lb prototype QB physique.

But afterall Altuve is all world for Astros.

Does Tulane still have a chance? Sure. Even if he is second string behind Banks, do you think Tulane might have done better against OU if it had a Scott coming off the bench? You can't have enough depth in a system where QBs can get lit up at any time. (This is meant as no disrespect to McClain. He may turn out to be a very good WF-style QB. He just needs seasoning and that may take until 2019 or even 2020 seasons. Today he is just a raw true frosh.)


You are correct as to his recruiting challenges. But a bit off on his height. ESPN, who gets its measurements directly from Nike combines, has him a 5'11". Now that may be a " Russell Wilson" 5'11" (5'10 7/8), but "at most 5'9" is way off. Looks like he has shown up consistently btw 210-215 lbs (heavier than Russell Wilson). And I think that's exactly the challenge with recruiting this kid. He may view himself as a "pass first" QB. Though we are not exactly Georgia Tech or say Navy, we do run enough option-like packages, that could give him pause. He definitely fits here. Lastly, already two seasons removed from HS (in December), he may be naturally most attracted to playing time. Can't fault the kid for that. And if hes going to sit a year, and play two, he should have a few options offering that same opportunity.

I like the young guys we have and the depth were building already. And I much rather guys who see themselves as a fit for our system. Scott may prefer the a more pass/QB friendly system.



lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:26 am

WeWave2 wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
DrBox wrote:Scott would fit with most SEC offenses; the only ones he really wouldn't fit with are LSU and Alabama.
He'd be nice here. He'd be, what, a sophomore, sit for a year, and then take over for 2.


I think, or hallucinate, he will end up at either Tulane or Auburn ...If the kid is afraid of competition from Banks or some other player, and I do no think he is, then why would we want him ?


The issue with Scott and who may recruit him has not and will never change until the HGH kicks in. He is at most 5'9" and that scares away many coaches who want a 6'4", 220 lb prototype QB physique.

But afterall Altuve is all world for Astros.

Does Tulane still have a chance? Sure. Even if he is second string behind Banks, do you think Tulane might have done better against OU if it had a Scott coming off the bench? You can't have enough depth in a system where QBs can get lit up at any time. (This is meant as no disrespect to McClain. He may turn out to be a very good WF-style QB. He just needs seasoning and that may take until 2019 or even 2020 seasons. Today he is just a raw true frosh.)


You are correct as to his recruiting challenges. But a bit off on his height. ESPN, who gets its measurements directly from Nike combines, has him a 5'11". Now that may be a " Russell Wilson" 5'11" (5'10 7/8), but "at most 5'9" is way off. Looks like he has shown up consistently btw 210-215 lbs (heavier than Russell Wilson). And I think that's exactly the challenge with recruiting this kid. He may view himself as a "pass first" QB. Though we are not exactly Georgia Tech or say Navy, we do run enough option-like packages, that could give him pause. He definitely fits here. Lastly, already two seasons removed from HS (in December), he may be naturally most attracted to playing time. Can't fault the kid for that. And if hes going to sit a year, and play two, he should have a few options offering that same opportunity.

I like the young guys we have and the depth were building already. And I much rather guys who see themselves as a fit for our system. Scott may prefer the a more pass/QB friendly system.


As concerns Scott's height, I have it on absolutely reliable info that when he graduated from Zachary High, he was 5'11" in his shoes, 5'9" barefoot. Not saying he could not have grown since then but there it is. He is a phenomenal athlete. I'm not kidding about invoking Jose Altuve. In Fritz's offense, absent injury, he would be all-galaxy. I'm rooting for him to come to Tulane but as is obvious it's a long shot. All tbd.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:21 am



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby GreenLantern » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:24 am

I am admittedly ignorant about the complex rules concerning 2yr school-4yr school transfers versus 4-2-4 transfers. It seems that Banks was a 4-2-4 transfer who was eligible to play immediately. Scott's athletic and academic record seems nearly identical. Why would he have to sit a year if he transferred to Tulane?



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:33 am

He wouldn't have to sit out, but he'd probably be second string behind Banks who would be a Sr. I think Fritz would play both QBs though. He's been known to do that at other schools.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 pm

GreenLantern wrote:I am admittedly ignorant about the complex rules concerning 2yr school-4yr school transfers versus 4-2-4 transfers. It seems that Banks was a 4-2-4 transfer who was eligible to play immediately. Scott's athletic and academic record seems nearly identical. Why would he have to sit a year if he transferred to Tulane?


Actually Banks is a 2-4-2 transfer which is why he was immediately eligible for us.


It's the facilities stupid!

mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5099
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pm

winwave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:I am admittedly ignorant about the complex rules concerning 2yr school-4yr school transfers versus 4-2-4 transfers. It seems that Banks was a 4-2-4 transfer who was eligible to play immediately. Scott's athletic and academic record seems nearly identical. Why would he have to sit a year if he transferred to Tulane?


Actually Banks is a 2-4-2 transfer which is why he was immediately eligible for us.


Wait a sec, I thought all JUCO players were immediately eligible when transferring to a 4 year school?



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:51 pm

I didn't say any different. He was immediately eligible at k state and the same here. He is now a 2-4-2-4. Maybe that clears it up for you.


It's the facilities stupid!

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:29 pm

winwave wrote:I didn't say any different. He was immediately eligible at k state and the same here. He is now a 2-4-2-4. Maybe that clears it up for you.
I don't think he went to JUCO before K-State. Are you sure?


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Yes. I double checked myself by looking at his bio on Tulane's site.


It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Jack Abraham's team beat Scott's team last week 61-38.


It's the facilities stupid!

HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby HoustonWave » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

RobertM320 wrote:He wouldn't have to sit out, but he'd probably be second string behind Banks who would be a Sr. I think Fritz would play both QBs though. He's been known to do that at other schools.


After the FIU fiasco, I'm not so sure Banks would start ahead of Scott. In either case, Fritz probably would play them both. I just hope somebody sends a tape of the FIU game to Scott.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 791
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby Jaxwave » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 pm

If Fritz ever had an inclination to cheat Scott would be the guy to do it for. Wink,wink.



User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1207
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby wave97 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:38 am

winwave wrote:Jack Abraham's team beat Scott's team last week 61-38.

Whenever I look at Jack Abraham's video it reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Roch Hontas. Fast decisions, good arm - Mike Neu should swoop up this guy ASAP.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:31 pm

winwave wrote:Jack Abraham's team beat Scott's team last week 61-38.


Apparently Scott's defense didnt show. Scott threw for 310 yds 3 TDs and rushed for 126 yds 1 TD. News article detailed 5 dropped passes. His team's defense dropped 3 ints. http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=61319

Scott led all rushers. accounted for 436 yds of his teams 510 yds of offense



Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm not saying whether or not this is true, but I was recently told from someone that should know that Baylor is trying hard to recruit Lindsay Scott. It would be great if Tulane gets him, but, even if Tulane does get him, it will not have been easy.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm not saying whether or not this is true, but I was recently told from someone that should know that Baylor is trying hard to recruit Lindsay Scott. It would be great if Tulane gets him, but, even if Tulane does get him, it will not have been easy.


Do we have any knowledge for sure that Tulane is still trying to recruit Scott? Anyone hear anything from inside?


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:18 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm not saying whether or not this is true, but I was recently told from someone that should know that Baylor is trying hard to recruit Lindsay Scott. It would be great if Tulane gets him, but, even if Tulane does get him, it will not have been easy.


Do we have any knowledge for sure that Tulane is still trying to recruit Scott? Anyone hear anything from inside?


Honestly, I'm not sure if Tulane is actively recruiting Scott. It should be, but I haven't heard anything from anyone that would know.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:I'm not saying whether or not this is true, but I was recently told from someone that should know that Baylor is trying hard to recruit Lindsay Scott. It would be great if Tulane gets him, but, even if Tulane does get him, it will not have been easy.


Do we have any knowledge for sure that Tulane is still trying to recruit Scott? Anyone hear anything from inside?


I've read from a number sources that we've offered (again). Scott has been quoted saying that we have offered. If thats so, my guess is that Fritz is on him.



JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3778
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby JerseyWave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:26 pm

If this guy is better than Banks then we have to get him. I can’t stand watching much more of this offense the way it is.



HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby HoustonWave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 pm

JerseyWave wrote:If this guy is better than Banks then we have to get him. I can’t stand watching much more of this offense the way it is.


Amen. We got to get Scott, or someone. Banks isn’t cutting it.


Tulane is the University of Louisiana

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:09 am

HoustonWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:If this guy is better than Banks then we have to get him. I can’t stand watching much more of this offense the way it is.


Amen. We got to get Scott, or someone. Banks isn’t cutting it.


Banks did not appear to be the problem. We cant block. We cant pass protect. If we want to attract QBs, we bave to demonstate the ability to protect the QB. Banks was running for his life most of the night. Multiple penalties from the Oline. Too many positive plays negated by holding calls.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 am

WeWave2 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:If this guy is better than Banks then we have to get him. I can’t stand watching much more of this offense the way it is.


Amen. We got to get Scott, or someone. Banks isn’t cutting it.


Banks did not appear to be the problem. We cant block. We cant pass protect. If we want to attract QBs, we bave to demonstate the ability to protect the QB. Banks was running for his life most of the night. Multiple penalties from the Oline. Too many positive plays negated by holding calls.


I agree that Banks wasn't the problem. They were all over him every time he dropped back to pass. Now some of the credit for that has to go to USFs line. They're much bigger than we were, and they brought the pressure. But we obviously did something right, because we had almost 500 yards of offense. Early in the game, USF went with man coverage and a single high safety. Once Banks was able to hit a couple of slants, they backed off a second safety, which helped the run game a bit. There's no doubt that they're better athletes than what we have right now.

I fully expect us to be 3-5 after next week, and yet I still expect to beat Cinn and ECU, and steal one somewhere else.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10896
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 am

SMU had to go to OT to beat Cincy. Won't have to steal it against SMU.


It's the facilities stupid!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests