Lindsey Scott to be a Tiger again :(

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wave755
Riptide

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:00 pm

JerseyWave wrote:We need to stop riding this guy's jock. He doesn't want to be at Tulane and I don't want him here if he only comes because it's his best offer. I'll Bank on Jonathan in 2018 and expect Fritz to have his heir apparent ready for 2019.
Thankfully by the Monday after next, January the 15th, the saga of Lindsey Scott should one way or another be mercifully at an end.

If he comes here fine, it not, I'll get over it.

galvezwave
Surge

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 pm

JerseyWave wrote:We need to stop riding this guy's jock. He doesn't want to be at Tulane and I don't want him here if he only comes because it's his best offer. I'll Bank on Jonathan in 2018 and expect Fritz to have his heir apparent ready for 2019.
He's just a kid trying to find the best way to end up in an NFL camp. Nothing more , nothing less. I don't think it's about not wanting to be at a particular place. He knows he made a mistake out of high school and he can't screw this up.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:05 pm

galvezwave wrote:
He's just a kid trying to find the best way to end up in an NFL camp. Nothing more , nothing less. I don't think it's about not wanting to be at a particular place. He knows he made a mistake out of high school and he can't screw this up.

Now we're in trouble. Just read on Twitter that QB McClain is transferring. We need another scholarship QB on the roster!
RobertM320
Tsunami

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
chain gang x man
Surge

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
Me and tps just said the same thing
greenphantom
Swell

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:40 pm

chain gang x man wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
Me and tps just said the same thing
I hope this is the case but disappointed as it sounded like McClain had looked good in practice.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Mizzo’s push
https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri- ... -113399797
Scott says he may official to Missouri soon and will have three years of eligibility at the next school of choice.
"Obviously like the chance to compete on the P5 level, as well as play with my childhood friend (Adam Sparks)," Scott said. "I don't know much about where they are going in terms of system at this point. Drew (Locke's) decision to stay or leave would have to be factored also. I like them no doubt. But lots of questions left. All these schools for one reason or another are on equal footing.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 pm

WOW, I'm surprised that McClain is transferring. I thought they put the redshirt on him, and he would have had a chance to be the starter for three years. There were other QB's on the roster as well, But Brantley transferred as well. Is Bradwell now the emergency QB? Or is the kid from California (I think he was a walk-on) Hurst(?) or the one from Argyle Texas, Ledford, now the #2? Do either of them have enough talent that might let us breathe easier?

Anyone know why McClain is transferring? Did he cut it in the classroom? I'm just surprised at this move at this date. Wonder where he's going? Maybe he's headed to EMCC for a year!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:17 pm

This has nothing to do with Scott. It was put out there a couple of weeks ago on another site. Reports were that he didn't look good at all throwing the ball. He wasn't confident he would be developed here. During his recruiting everybody else wanted him at TE/Wr. There was good reason for that. Ledford is not a D-1 QB. So hopefully we get Scott and one more.
Find A Way!
DfromCT
Tsunami

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

golfnut69
Green Wave

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm

DfromCT wrote:Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
all of the fine folks in Columbia Mizzou, can now collectively exhale and call it a cold front
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:12 pm

DfromCT wrote:Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
Yes JJ does. He worked with Scott on his speed and footwork.
https://twitter.com/jjmccleskey/status/ ... 5844779008
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Time to go after Mr. Scott all out! Let's use the last four schollies making a good class a great one!

golfnut69
Green Wave

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 pm

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Time to go after Mr. Scott all out! Let's use the last four schollies making a good class a great one!
In my mind, Dooleys offense will never be a fit for Scott...given his background and prior coaching, Dooley is a pocket passer proponent something Scott does not fit...but then again, being PEE'd is being PEE'd...and it would be ironic, from one Tiger to another...aaahhh the karma of it all
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Surge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:57 pm

galvezwave wrote:Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
Oregon State, with OC Mike Riley...should be interesting....memo to the Scott family, get very acquainted with Denver Int'l and the Portland airports, enjoy your ride down I-5 it is pretty...visit Mt Hood and The Dalles west of Portland on I-84....as I posted before, QB is the least of my worries and the JUCO's will be playing Football again this coming season
Wave755
Riptide

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 pm

galvezwave wrote:Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
Monday is King Day, so do think Lindsey will finally end this thing on Tuesday, January the 16th?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Wow. It’s probably over now. Tough deal for Willie Fritz. Wasted three years pursuing this kid.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Swell

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:10 pm

He better like rain . It never stops raining there . perpetual dark clouds and gloomy days .

Makes N O seem like a desert .

He apparently never wanted to be here, we are better off as he would have been a cancer here if was not starting .
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
JerseyWave
Riptide

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Corvallis, Oregon might as well be in a different country from South Louisiana. I feel bad for Fritz who has invested heavily in this guy. As long as Banks stays healthy Quarterback won’t be a problem for Tulane in 2018.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 pm

JerseyWave wrote:Corvallis, Oregon might as well be in a different country from South Louisiana. I feel bad for Fritz who has invested heavily in this guy. As long as Banks stays healthy Quarterback won’t be a problem for Tulane in 2018.
Healthy is the key. But I can’t remember the last time Tulane had a QB healthy all year.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 pm

oh yeah...mom and dad...make sure you take late afternoon naps, his games won't be on TV until about 9 or 10 central time
galvezwave
Surge

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:50 pm

He's not shopping for good weather , fun cities or decent game times. He's said it himself, the p5 PAC 12 is important to him. can't win that fight
Wavetime
Swell

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Good for him, congrats. We've wasted enough time and resources on him. All he did was use us as a fall back....

Next.....
sader24
Tsunami

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am

Shaun King drafted in the 2nd Round. Patrick Ramsey in the 1st. JP Losman in the 1st. Carson Wentz was at North Dakota St. Jay Cutler Vandy. Roethlisberger Miami(OH). Joe Flacco Delaware. Bortles UCF. Derek Carr Fresno St. Case Keenum Houston. Garropolo? It is far more important as a QB to find a system that fits you perfectly if you are looking to get to the next level than being a P5 or not. Look at Shaun King pre Bowden/Rodriguez. After his sophomore year nobody in the world thought he'd be drafted much less in the 2nd round. If his experience at LSU hasn't taught him the absolute importance of being in a system and with a coach that completely suit you and your talents (which Tulane's offense does to a T) there is nothing more Fritz can do and he is beating his head against the wall. He will compete for the job next year and probably win it. At worst he'll step into a tailor made system for him as a Junior and Senior and put up ridiculous numbers. These kids get caught up thinking its more important to play at a P5 school even though it's a bad fit than to play at a school that is the right fit.