Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No that was not imaginary. But all the talk here the last couple of months about why he should be coming here or should eliminate other schools, and everything else is made up and posted by us, not him. He did nothing. We made the rest of the story up. For all we know, Dannen told him certain classes wouldn't transfer their credits and he was ineligible.

See, I just made that up. And that's my point: All of our conjecture is ours, he never created any of it.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:Or, more accurately, we have been imagining things that makes it seem like he's playing us. What exactly did he do? Nothing. But I agree it sure doesn't look like he's coming here. He may sit the semester out and go where he chooses signing in March or April. Yes, he'll miss spring practice, and probably a chance to start in the beginning of the 2018 season. We also don't know what courses he took that were or were not eligible for credits at the Universities he's considering.

Move on.
He’s proving to be the ultimate read-option QB. He’s going to keep reading til this summer and then decide which school to get the ball to—-waiting to see which school is the most desperate for a starting QB. Pretty wild.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Or, more accurately, we have been imagining things that makes it seem like he's playing us. What exactly did he do? Nothing. But I agree it sure doesn't look like he's coming here. He may sit the semester out and go where he chooses signing in March or April. Yes, he'll miss spring practice, and probably a chance to start in the beginning of the 2018 season. We also don't know what courses he took that were or were not eligible for credits at the Universities he's considering.

Move on.
He’s proving to be the ultimate read-option QB. He’s going to keep reading til this summer and then decide which school to get the ball to—-waiting to see which school is the most desperate for a starting QB. Pretty wild.
I don't think anyone saw this coming. OSU, Mizzou or Tulane are just not good enough for his talents. And, I think he knew all along he would not be signing with us or for that matter any G5 school. And so, the Saga of Lindsey Scott ends for Tulane.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Y'all are acting like Lindsey Scott posts here daily and teases us saying he might come.

I doubt the kid even knows that there's a multi-page thread about him on a tiny sports-related message board with grown men agonizing over his decision.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:Y'all are acting like Lindsey Scott posts here daily and teases us saying he might come.

I doubt the kid even knows that there's a multi-page thread about him on a tiny sports-related message board with grown men agonizing over his decision.
Hmm :wave: , on December 6, 2017, “Former LSU QB Lindsey Scott Jr. says Tulane recruiting him hardest after junior college title” http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ce1a0.html
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Y'all are acting like Lindsey Scott posts here daily and teases us saying he might come.

Hmm :wave: , on December 6, 2017, “Former LSU QB Lindsey Scott Jr. says Tulane recruiting him hardest after junior college title” http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ce1a0.html
And?

Has he said anything else in the six weeks since? Really, I want him here. I think he would excel here. But I understand it's his decision to make whenever he's ready.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

And?

Has he said anything else in the six weeks since? Really, I want him here. I think he would excel here. But I understand it's his decision to make whenever he's ready.
I agree, his choice. And, we got played, so what?
Wave755
Tsunami

Although I hope McClain and Brantley didn't leave in whole or in part because they thought this guy Scott was coming in?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:Although I hope McClain and Brantley didn't leave in whole or in part because they thought this guy Scott was coming in?
A concern I shared as well.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
chain gang x man
Swell

Scott making official visit to Missouri this weekend
https://twitter.com/swiltfong247/status ... 8121847809
Pepper
Swell

I agree, his choice. And, we got played, so what?[/quote]

Not sure how we got played? One, the guy didn't even have us on his final 2 before he signed with LSU. Since then he had 1 P5 offer, Kansas. Not exactly the hotbed of football. He's looking for a decent P5 school. Tulane is his fallback if Mizzou now doesn't happen. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a guy that can't get a big time school to jump at him. Everyone is in love with this guy but I saw a kid from Lakeshore play this year who was 2017 New Orleans Metro-Area Leading Passer, 211-314, 3,790 Yards, 43 Passing TD 8 Rushing TD, 5 INT and 4,159 All Purpose yards an no one is recruiting him.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Scott making official visit to Missouri this weekend
He’s back to dreaming of playing in the SEC I guess.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
WOW...playin' for a coach the school wants to get rid of, and an OC that ain't got clue one...the big plus, the Tiger is named after Prez Truman
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
TPS, how sad & disastrous it will be if we lost both McClain & Brantley over this mess for a kid who never had any real intention of playing for us. :shakingno:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
TPS, how sad it will be if we lost both McClain & Brantley over this mess for a kid who never had any real intention of playing for us. :shakingno:
It would be very sad, but again, this is stuff made up on this board, has nothing to do with reality, unless we know otherwise. Scott has never posted on this board to our knowledge. Who got played? Only those that thought he was coming here, which he never said was going to happen. Move on to the next trivial worry.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
TPS, how sad it will be if we lost both McClain & Brantley over this mess for a kid who never had any real intention of playing for us. :shakingno:
It would be very sad, but again, this is stuff made up on this board, has nothing to do with reality, unless we know otherwise. Scott has never posted on this board to our knowledge. Who got played? Only those that thought he was coming here, which he never said was going to happen. Move on to the next trivial worry.
Nothing trivial about our quarterback situation next year and God forbid Banks gets hurt.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
TPS, how sad & disastrous it will be if we lost both McClain & Brantley over this mess for a kid who never had any real intention of playing for us. :shakingno:
How sad if that’s true to leave because we want to recruit better competition at the position. Not the kind of players I’d want.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
How sad if that’s true to leave because we want to recruit better competition at the position. Not the kind of players I’d want.
And, God forbid Banks gets hurt. Everyone is excited over Daniels but assumed he would be redshirted.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I don't feel like we, or any other schools are being played. I just think this kid is probably getting some very questionable advice, and is essentially frozen into inaction at this time. The best evidence of this is that he has probably foregone any chance of participating in spring training, anywhere, which can't help his chances of playing time in the fall. The only remaining chance of getting much playing time in the fall is to now delay his decision further until there is a school, somewhere, desperate for an immediate starter.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:I don't feel like we, or any other schools are being played. I just think this kid is probably getting some very questionable advice, and is essentially frozen into inaction at this time. The best evidence of this is that he has probably foregone any chance of participating in spring training, anywhere, which can't help his chances of playing time in the fall. The only remaining chance of getting much playing time in the fall is to now delay his decision further until there is a school, somewhere, desperate for an immediate starter.
Maybe so, he and his dad did ignore well intended and good advice from many corners not to sign with LSU but he did so anyway. For that poor decision the only thing Lindsey ultimately got was using up a year of eligibility at junior college.

Every player wants a P5 top program offer but I don't think Lindsey will ever get one. Preferred walk-on at Georgia? I doubt Mizzou is what he is looking for or he would have already signed with Mizzou by this past January 15th.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Brantley and McClain's departures had nothing to do with Scott. it had to do with unhappiness over their situations. Remember McClain wasn't recruited as a QB by other schools. They wanted him as a WR/TE. He wasn't the answer for us at QB.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Brantley and McClain's departures had nothing to do with Scott. it had to do with unhappiness over their situations. Remember McClain wasn't recruited as a QB by other schools. They wanted him as a WR/TE. He wasn't the answer for us at QB.
Thanks for the clarification, WW. But w/o Scott we are now going to be really thin @ QB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No question we need help. If GC hasn't actually started going to his new school maybe we could keep him. The staff needs to get an experienced one and a true freshman.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:No question we need help. If GC hasn't actually started going to his new school maybe we could keep him. The staff needs to get an experienced one and a true freshman.
True, I am a GC fan, and if possible, hope he will now reconsider.
puffy
Surge

In a pinch, I think Bradwell going back to QB wouldn't be too difficult a transition.