Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wave755
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:All I can guess is there another bigger school out there either leading him on or telling him if he wAits till summer they may or will have a spot for him. Maybe he’s waiting to see what shakes out in the spring and won’t decide until summer. The whole thing seems bizarre but the only logical guess is he doesn’t like his choices right now and is willing to wait it out to see if something changes at a school he has in mind or if someone else gets on him at a later date.
The way it looks now you may be right. He may well skip the Spring semester, to the surprise of everyone, in hopes of receiving better offers over the Spring/Summer to register somewhere for summer school or in August. Lindsey may feel Tulane, OSU & Mizzou are just not of the caliber he is looking for in a football program. But, it is one Hell of a longshot if offered he will start for the 2018 season for any top flight P5 school after missing Spring practice, that's for sure; yet, Lindsey does have 3 years of eligibility left within which to win the starting job. He and his dad were warned by everyone, including Doug Mouton, Fletcher Mackel & Ed Daniels, for him LSU was a terrible choice but to LSU he went anyway. So, he and his dad may be about to exercise even more bad judgment. :shakingno:

I believe if he hasn't confirmed registration for Tulane by this Friday that will end it for us. And, this is not sour grapes, but we will be fine at quarterback without him.

greenphantom
Swell

puffy wrote:I think Tulane will be fine either way.
If we still had Brantley and McClain, I could agree but I don't feel that way now. We are in very serious trouble next year if Banks goes down and 2019 is very uncertain.People can sluff it off but we are woefully thin at QB.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
If we still had Brantley and McClain, I could agree but I don't feel that way now. We are in very serious trouble next year if Banks goes down and 2019 is very uncertain.People can sluff it off but we are woefully thin at QB.
I got a feeling the kid from Frisco, TX, who we signed as a RB will get a very heavy dose of QB reps....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Here's a list of JUCO QB's and their rankings who have and haven't signed, I am sorta partial to the kid ranked 9th
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... yeYLRy0Ajg
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
I got a feeling the kid from Frisco, TX, who we signed as a RB will get a very heavy dose of QB reps....
Which would be very bad for us. He's not a D-1 QB. We need to sign a couple of QB's.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
Which would be very bad for us. He's not a D-1 QB. We need to sign a couple of QB's.
UH had two QB's that were WR's...they didn't do too bad...
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jones isn't either of them.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Jones isn't either of them.
we'll see...Steve Foley was not a college QB either, he had to walk on and prove himself...come to think of it..Baker Mayfield, was a college walk on, he was not good enuff to get any interest
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
we'll see...Steve Foley was not a college QB either, he had to walk on and prove himself...come to think of it..Baker Mayfield, was a college walk on, he was not good enuff to get any interest
Jones isn't either one of them either. Even we didn't try and tell him he was to get him to come here like we did with Bradwell and McClain. This isn't funny golf. Our QB's get hurt b/c our line stinks . Then in this offense they run which leads to injury plus Banks like to improvise and run which again makes him prone to get hurt. We have nothing behind him. This is an important season for us. This need sto be addressed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Jones isn't either one of them either. Even we didn't try and tell him he was to get him to come here like we did with Bradwell and McClain. This isn't funny golf. Our QB's get hurt b/c our line stinks . Then in this offense they run which leads to injury plus Banks like to improvise and run which again makes him prone to get hurt. We have nothing behind him. This is an important season for us. This need sto be addressed.
I posted earlier the JUCO's that were available or who had signed...pick one
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
My response above was to your earlier post. We need to get one with experience and a quality freshman.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
My response above was to your earlier post. We need to get one with experience and a quality freshman.
with the happenings at Washington State, Mike Leach may be on the phone...I, for one, am sick of the drama draped over this player, and he is a "player" as is his family...my advice, pull the offer or set a deadline, and move on
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:Here's a list of JUCO QB's and their rankings who have and haven't signed, I am sorta partial to the kid ranked 9th
That's a great resource, I hope our coaching staff is in touch with a few of the names on that board. We cannot just be on Lindsey Scott without other possibilities. The coaches may know something about the other QBs on the roster, or on the way, that we don't know. I don't know how you can say "this guy is not a D1 QB" when we have never seem him play a down in a D1 game. Joe Montana was not a D1 QB when he got to ND, buried at 6th or 7th on the depth chart. How'd that turn out?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Here's a list of JUCO QB's and their rankings who have and haven't signed, I am sorta partial to the kid ranked 9th
That's a great resource, I hope our coaching staff is in touch with a few of the names on that board. We cannot just be on Lindsey Scott without other possibilities. The coaches may know something about the other QBs on the roster, or on the way, that we don't know. I don't know how you can say "this guy is not a D1 QB" when we have never seem him play a down in a D1 game. Joe Montana was not a D1 QB when he got to ND, buried at 6th or 7th on the depth chart. How'd that turn out?
Montana was a D-1 QB and was 3rd on the depth chart. He's no Montana. As I said above even our staff didn't try and tell him he could play QB here just to get him here. They did that with Bradwell and McClain. Jones isn't the answer. This staff is having trouble recruiting QB's. It needs to be addressed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Montana was a D-1 QB and was 3rd on the depth chart. He's no Montana. As I said above even our staff didn't try and tell him he could play QB here just to get him here. They did that with Bradwell and McClain. Jones isn't the answer. This staff is having trouble recruiting QB's. It needs to be addressed.
I may have one semester of eligibility left, but I throw the football left handed, so I am sure they will not be calling me !!!..but then again, I throw a baseball right handed
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Who are you talking about? I wasn't talking about a specific player. And again, having never seen him play how can you make such a blanket statement about any QB on our roster?

Montana did not practice or play with the Varsity as a Freshman at ND. He played a couple of Freshman team games, and there were 5 or 6 QBs on the varsity roster. As a Sophomore he was buried and even after engineering two amazing comeback victories, didn't get the starting job. He then had a medical redshirt year, and returned to the team as third string as a RS Junior, behind Rusty Lisch and a guy whose name escapes me. The second string guy suffered a devastating injury that ended his career. Montana then moved up and became the starter.

Golfnut, which side of the ball are you putting from these days?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Who are you talking about? I wasn't talking about a specific player. And again, having never seen him play how can you make such a blanket statement about any QB on our roster?

Montana did not practice or play with the Varsity as a Freshman at ND. He played a couple of Freshman team games, and there were 5 or 6 QBs on the varsity roster. As a Sophomore he was buried and even after engineering two amazing comeback victories, didn't get the starting job. He then had a medical redshirt year, and returned to the team as third string as a RS Junior, behind Rusty Lisch and a guy whose name escapes me. The second string guy suffered a devastating injury that ended his career. Montana then moved up and became the starter.

D...my total golf game is from the right side...I am a natural lefty, but growing up we only had Baseball gloves that fit on the left hand and the one set of golf clubs was for a right handed player..so I learned everything from the right side...in Golf, that is not a bad thing, because my left handed is dominate and for a right handed player that is a plus...example, Phil Mickelson is naturally right handed, but learned to play from the left side so his right hand could be dominate on the golf swing...I play pool left handed and throw a football left handed..and shoot a basketball with either hand
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I'm talking about Amare Jones. That's who golf referred to and I responded to. He's listed at 5'10" and appears to be 5'8". The staff didn't see him as a QB. Looking at his film he clearly isn't capable of being a D-1 QB. Has clear limitations as a thrower.

I know Montana'a history. The fact is he was recruited as a D-1 QB by one of the premier programs in the country. He ended up starting two years which was pretty much the norm back then. I have no idea how you could say he wasn't a D-1 QB.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
with the happenings at Washington State, Mike Leach may be on the phone...I, for one, am sick of the drama draped over this player, and he is a "player" as is his family...my advice, pull the offer or set a deadline, and move on
I was wondering the same thing. This delay is so odd, a late entrant is as good an explanation as any. The air raid might look attractive.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. This delay is so odd, a late entrant is as good an explanation as any. The air raid might look attractive.
OK, but Lindsey & Mike Leach better hurry. Lindsey doesn't need a NLI to get a scholarship but he still needs to be timely registered for Spring classes. The registration confirmation deadline for Tulane is tomorrow, and I believe the same my be true for WSU.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
OK, but Lindsey & Mike Leach better hurry. Lindsey doesn't need a NLI to get a scholarship but he still needs to be timely registered for Spring classes. The registration confirmation deadline for Tulane is tomorrow, and I believe the same my be true for WSU.
Played Golf at the Washington State course a few years ago , the area is beautiful, but somewhat remote..but if you enjoy watching grass grow, it is utopia !!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Well Wave fans, Tulane's last day to confirm registration is today, Friday, January 19th; last day to register is Friday, January 26th. http://registrar.tulane.edu/academic-calendar
The way I read this is if you don't confirm registration by today you can't register even by the January 26th, but I am no expert on registration?

Yet, time to face it, Lindsey has been playing us all along.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Or, more accurately, we have been imagining things that makes it seem like he's playing us. What exactly did he do? Nothing. But I agree it sure doesn't look like he's coming here. He may sit the semester out and go where he chooses signing in March or April. Yes, he'll miss spring practice, and probably a chance to start in the beginning of the 2018 season. We also don't know what courses he took that were or were not eligible for credits at the Universities he's considering.

Move on.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:Or, more accurately, we have been imagining things that makes it seem like he's playing us. What exactly did he do? Nothing. But I agree it sure doesn't look like he's coming here. He may sit the semester out and go where he chooses signing in March or April. Yes, he'll miss spring practice, and probably a chance to start in the beginning of the 2018 season. We also don't know what courses he took that were or were not eligible for credits at the Universities he's considering.

Move on.
Lindsey walking around on game day with Dannen was not imaginary and instead very real, but I don't think he ever had any true intention of coming here. I hope today ends once and for all at least for Tulane the Lindsey Scott "Kabuki Theatre."

And, since someone was seen walking around our campus with Dannen this last season identifying himself as Lindsey Scott, contrary to what some Yoggies have suggested, I still don't think we have been "catfished" for Lindsey's recruiting the past few years by perhaps some 13 year old girl living in a remote region of Canada pretending to be a much sought after JUCO read spread option transfer QB. :lol:
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.