Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Help me guys, doesn’t the below NLI chart say for Football: (Midyear JC Transfer) initial signing date: December 20, 2017; Final signing date: January 15, 2018?

Anybody know this stuff? I don’t.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/future.html
That’s for Midyear enrollment. He’s already graduated so he could enroll in Summer school and still be ahead of Fall enrollment.
Thanks TPS, but then he misses spring practice?
True. He’ll miss it anywhere he chooses if he misses tonight’s midnight deadline.
What is tonight's deadline. I thought there were a few days of grace period, as to when he had to enroll and start classes.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Help me guys, doesn’t the below NLI chart say for Football: (Midyear JC Transfer) initial signing date: December 20, 2017; Final signing date: January 15, 2018?

That’s for Midyear enrollment. He’s already graduated so he could enroll in Summer school and still be ahead of Fall enrollment.
True. He’ll miss it anywhere he chooses if he misses tonight’s midnight deadline.
What is tonight's deadline. I thought there were a few days of grace period, as to when he had to enroll and start classes.
Never heard of a grace period for signing day deadlines. Maybe for school enrollment or is it like the Obamacare enrollment grace period? :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Never heard of a grace period for signing day deadlines. Maybe for school enrollment or is it like the Obamacare enrollment grace period? :lol:
So tonight is the deadline for a JUCO to get a scholarship? I thought team's often dribble out additional scholarships later in the spring. Most signing day "deadlines" aren't really deadlines, they are just the first day that LOI's can be signed. What is driving tonight's deadline?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That's what I thought too, but click on the llink in Wave755s post (in the middle of this post). Apparently JUCO's need to sign by midnight tonight to enroll and be eligible for spring practice. I wonder if Mr. Scott knows that?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That's what I thought too, but click on the llink in Wave755s post (in the middle of this post). Apparently JUCO's need to sign by midnight tonight to enroll and be eligible for spring practice. I wonder if Mr. Scott knows that?
Thanks D, that clarifies it. So their is a JUCO related deadline tonight in order to be an eligible student and therefore eligible for spring practice. I had thought each school's enrollment requirements (hence a "grace period") would determine if a player was an official student, and hence eligible for spring practice. LS et al better know it--what an awesome foul up it would be to inadvertently miss the deadline.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I just looked at that guidance, and it says signing date, not deadline. I tend to still think that each school's policies will determine if a player is a student for the spring semester. If spring practice isn't important to a player, then he can sign any time he wants, but can't sign before January 15, 2018 (except for the early signing window).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
I just looked at that guidance, and it says signing date, not deadline. I tend to still think that each school's policies will determine if a player is a student for the spring semester. If spring practice isn't important to a player, then he can sign any time he wants, but can't sign before January 15, 2018 (except for the early signing window).
Unless I'm reading it wrong, the First signing date for midyear JUCO transfer is December 20th. The FINAL signing date for JUCO mid year transfer is January 15th.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
Unless I'm reading it wrong, the First signing date for midyear JUCO transfer is December 20th. The FINAL signing date for JUCO mid year transfer is January 15th.
FINAL is in contrast the new EARLY signing date. It is still just a "signing date". The EARLY signing window does have a deadline to it, but not the FINAL signing date. I looked at the tutorial on the NLI site, and in provision 9, and again at the end of the video they say that, other than the early signing option, the first an NLI can be signed is January 15, 2018, but can be signed anytime after that date. I guess LS will show us how this is to be interpreted because I doubt he'll sign by midnight tonight with anybody.
GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: I doubt he'll sign by midnight tonight with anybody.
<sarcasm> If young Master Scott is in Hawaii, won't he have until 5a.m. New Orleans time to sign his NLI? I'm planning my bedtime routine and I don't wish to miss anything.</sarcasm>

BTW, similar to the suggestion for the Mike Dunleavy thread, how about a moderator renaming this lengthy thread to be simply "Lindsey Scott". I think it is unlucky to leave it as "Lindsey Scott commits to LSU..."
Wave755
Tsunami

The January 15th deadline makes perfectly good sense if these guys are truly "student-athletes," the Spring Semester is starting now. Try showing up at Tulane Universty as a "regular-student" in mid-February and saying, "I would like to register for classes," and the reply would be "sure, the Fall Semester starts in August."
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:The January 15th deadline makes perfectly good sense if these guys are truly "student-athletes," the Spring Semester is starting now. Try showing up at Tulane Universty as a "regular-student" in mid-February and saying, "I would like to register for classes," and the reply would be "sure, the Fall Semester starts in August."
Exactly. And that's why the only real deadline is whatever enrollment deadline Tulane has for any student--which I think extends for a week or two after the start of a semester. Tulane's deadline would have nothing to do with the NLI signing date (ie the "traditional" date they can sign). Any recruit, high school or JUCO, could decide to sign with a school at any time after the signing date, during the spring or summer--but yes, they won't be participating in spring practice. So again, the only real deadline for LS is whatever the latest date is for getting enrolled for the spring semester--same as any student.
Wave755
Tsunami

All is quiet on the Lindsey front. I think he now has all P5 offers he is ever going to receive. So apparently, since he is a graduate JUCO, the general cut-off date for late student registration for the Spring Semester is the true deadline for finally ending the "Saga of Lindsey," one way or the other.

Needless to say, this guy has no burning desire for a Tulane diploma.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Wave755 wrote:All is quiet on the Lindsey front. I think he now has all P5 offers he is ever going to receive. So apparently, since he is a graduate JUCO, the general cut-off date for late student registration for the Spring Semester is the true deadline for finally ending the "Saga of Lindsey," one way or the other.

Needless to say, this guy has no burning desire for a Tulane diploma.
I wonder if he will end up at Missouri.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If he didn't sign yesterday, I'm pretty damned sure he's not eligible for spring practice anywhere. That chart sited above makes that clear, as does Guerry Smith in his article in the Advocate (online) January 10th, announcing McClain transferring:
McClain, a strong-armed 6-foot-3, 220-pound freshman who played in two games this past fall, joined rising sophomore Johnathan Brantley and senior Glen Cuiellette as departures since the season ended, leaving Banks as the only returning scholarship quarterback.

As a result, Tulane’s pursuit of former Zachary High star Lindsey Scott figures to ratchet up even more with the Jan. 15 deadline for midseason junior college signings approaching fast.
Although you'd be inclined to laugh if Scott didn't know about the deadline, it's actually sad that the young man wasn't properly informed. He's getting bad advice if, in fact, he's missed a chance to play spring ball wherever he goes.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:If he didn't sign yesterday, I'm pretty damned sure he's not eligible for spring practice anywhere. That chart sited above makes that clear, as does Guerry Smith in his article in the Advocate (online) January 10th, announcing McClain transferring:
McClain, a strong-armed 6-foot-3, 220-pound freshman who played in two games this past fall, joined rising sophomore Johnathan Brantley and senior Glen Cuiellette as departures since the season ended, leaving Banks as the only returning scholarship quarterback.

As a result, Tulane’s pursuit of former Zachary High star Lindsey Scott figures to ratchet up even more with the Jan. 15 deadline for midseason junior college signings approaching fast.
Although you'd be inclined to laugh if Scott didn't know about the deadline, it's actually sad that the young man wasn't properly informed. He's getting bad advice if, in fact, he's missed a chance to play spring ball wherever he goes.
TPS thinks because Scott is a graduate JUCO the rule doesn't apply, but I can't find any authority for that position? I just sent an email to an "ask me" official with the NCAA for this question and will let everyone know if I get a reply.

WinWave, is there anyone in the department who can clarify what's going on for any Scott JUCO signing deadline? And, I am now in the camp for believing Lindsey will not be a Green Wave.
Wave755
Tsunami

Alright gentlemen, here is the answer from the NCAA guy:

"January 15th was the deadline to sign a National Letter of Intent for a midyear FB transfer, but the athlete can still sign a scholarship offer from a school without signing the NLI. The key would be to get admitted to the school and registered in classes for the Spring semester."

So, the answer is Lindsey needs to register somewhere in time for the Spring semester and he can then still accept a scholarship offer.

The Saga of Lindsey Scott continues.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Alright gentlemen, here is the answer from the NCAA guy:

"January 15th was the deadline to sign a National Letter of Intent for a midyear FB transfer, but the athlete can still sign a scholarship offer from a school without signing the NLI. The key would be to get admitted to the school and registered in classes for the Spring semester."

So, the answer is Lindsey needs to register somewhere in time for the Spring semester and he can then still accept a scholarship offer.

The Saga of Lindsey Scott continues.
Just saw your post above. See you already got the answer. Thanks for clarifying that for all of us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks 755! The NCAA makes things so easy to understand and follow!
wavemania
Surge

Could the weather play a factor, since just about every school and college has shut down till at least Thursday?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote:Could the weather play a factor, since just about every school and college has shut down till at least Thursday?
Doubtful. That's an extremely local situation. Many colleges don't close unless its a hurricane/tornado situation. Schools are different, school districts have children in busses all over their towns to worry about.

The Green Wave will take the field in late August regardless of whether or not Mr. Scott comes to join us.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

This whole thing has become absolutely bizarre. Tulane is now in day two of its spring semester. I don't know how late is too late, but Scott's window at Tulane is now closing fast--as it probably is at any of the other schools he's still considering. He is literally about to take himself out of any likely possibility of being a starting QB anywhere next fall. Really strange.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am beginning to think Great Scott is college footballs answer to college basketballs great recruit...either that or he is actually Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny...ya hear a great deal about them, but they are never seen

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... GJtg9Cou9u
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

In the last 48 hours only one tweet from Lindsey, and that a silly retweet of no relevance to recruiting. I know a couple of people on this forum think it is understandable for Lindsey to be "deliberative" and this time "get it right" for his college selection, but this is becoming a bit ridiculous. Lindsey spent the last year at East Mississippi Community College knowing he would be leaving for a division 1 school and that the division 1 school wouldn't be Alabama. Out of high school Lindsey was offered by Harvard; he has good grades and undoubtedly as well a very decent ACT score. As a serious student I am surprised he wasn't eager to be already settled down by now on a campus for the Spring semester.

In 2017 Oregon St. went 1-11, 0-9 (Pac 12), Mizzou 7-6, 4-4 (SEC). Other than Tulane Lindsey's choices are OSU or MIzzou. Tulane's last day to confirm registration is Friday, January 19th; last day to register is Friday, January 26th. http://registrar.tulane.edu/academic-calendar So, the multi-year courtship of Lindsey Scott may finally end, at least for Tulane, in a couple of days.
sader24
Tsunami

All I can guess is there another bigger school out there either leading him on or telling him if he wAits till summer they may or will have a spot for him. Maybe he’s waiting to see what shakes out in the spring and won’t decide until summer. The whole thing seems bizarre but the only logical guess is he doesn’t like his choices right now and is willing to wait it out to see if something changes at a school he has in mind or if someone else gets on him at a later date.
puffy
Surge

I think Tulane will be fine either way.