Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wavetime
Swell

Good for him, congrats. We've wasted enough time and resources on him. All he did was use us as a fall back....

Next.....

sader24
Tsunami

Shaun King drafted in the 2nd Round. Patrick Ramsey in the 1st. JP Losman in the 1st. Carson Wentz was at North Dakota St. Jay Cutler Vandy. Roethlisberger Miami(OH). Joe Flacco Delaware. Bortles UCF. Derek Carr Fresno St. Case Keenum Houston. Garropolo? It is far more important as a QB to find a system that fits you perfectly if you are looking to get to the next level than being a P5 or not. Look at Shaun King pre Bowden/Rodriguez. After his sophomore year nobody in the world thought he'd be drafted much less in the 2nd round. If his experience at LSU hasn't taught him the absolute importance of being in a system and with a coach that completely suit you and your talents (which Tulane's offense does to a T) there is nothing more Fritz can do and he is beating his head against the wall. He will compete for the job next year and probably win it. At worst he'll step into a tailor made system for him as a Junior and Senior and put up ridiculous numbers. These kids get caught up thinking its more important to play at a P5 school even though it's a bad fit than to play at a school that is the right fit.
sader24
Tsunami

I still think he's going to make the right decision for himself and come here. I say that with absolutely no inside info whatsoever.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Interesting tweet from young Mr. Scott:
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/951948693095223302
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:I still think he's going to make the right decision for himself and come here. I say that with absolutely no inside info whatsoever.
I hope you’re right. I mean LSU has a much bigger P5 football profile than Oregon St and look how that worked out for him.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Interesting tweet from young Mr. Scott:
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/951948693095223302
He sent the same tweet to Oregon St
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:Shaun King drafted in the 2nd Round. Patrick Ramsey in the 1st. JP Losman in the 1st. Carson Wentz was at North Dakota St. Jay Cutler Vandy. Roethlisberger Miami(OH). Joe Flacco Delaware. Bortles UCF. Derek Carr Fresno St. Case Keenum Houston. Garropolo? It is far more important as a QB to find a system that fits you perfectly if you are looking to get to the next level than being a P5 or not. Look at Shaun King pre Bowden/Rodriguez. After his sophomore year nobody in the world thought he'd be drafted much less in the 2nd round. If his experience at LSU hasn't taught him the absolute importance of being in a system and with a coach that completely suit you and your talents (which Tulane's offense does to a T) there is nothing more Fritz can do and he is beating his head against the wall. He will compete for the job next year and probably win it. At worst he'll step into a tailor made system for him as a Junior and Senior and put up ridiculous numbers. These kids get caught up thinking its more important to play at a P5 school even though it's a bad fit than to play at a school that is the right fit.
sader your premise is right. However our offense doesn't fit him to a T. He and his camp have made it clear that he is a pass first QB. He's never run triple option. I know he's run for a good amount of yards but that's not his preference. I still think we have a chance but our proximity is probably our best asset.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
sader24 wrote:Shaun King drafted in the 2nd Round. Patrick Ramsey in the 1st. JP Losman in the 1st. Carson Wentz was at North Dakota St. Jay Cutler Vandy. Roethlisberger Miami(OH). Joe Flacco Delaware. Bortles UCF. Derek Carr Fresno St. Case Keenum Houston. Garropolo? It is far more important as a QB to find a system that fits you perfectly if you are looking to get to the next level than being a P5 or not. Look at Shaun King pre Bowden/Rodriguez. After his sophomore year nobody in the world thought he'd be drafted much less in the 2nd round. If his experience at LSU hasn't taught him the absolute importance of being in a system and with a coach that completely suit you and your talents (which Tulane's offense does to a T) there is nothing more Fritz can do and he is beating his head against the wall. He will compete for the job next year and probably win it. At worst he'll step into a tailor made system for him as a Junior and Senior and put up ridiculous numbers. These kids get caught up thinking its more important to play at a P5 school even though it's a bad fit than to play at a school that is the right fit.
sader your premise is right. However our offense doesn't fit him to a T. He and his camp have made it clear that he is a pass first QB. He's never run triple option. I know he's run for a good amount of yards but that's not his preference. I still think we have a chance but our proximity is probably our best asset.
@ 5'11'...he better hope like hell he gets with an offense that actually moves the QB by design to allow for open passing lanes... Tulane has not passed the ball because we do not have a QB that has a great deal of "passing" talent.. I think the world of Banks, but you do not get recruited by K-State for your passing ability... I would send Scott all of the Sam Houston State offensive film , that O fits him, and that is what Fritz wants at Tulane...just need the right QB...Mr Scott the ball is in your court...if you enroll great, if not, best of luck in sunny Corvallis with Mike Riley
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

winwave wrote:

Interesting thing, WF brought in 3 QBs that do fit the triple option. 2 are gone and 1 is now a running back. And all 3 current offers on the table are passers.
sader24
Tsunami

From what I’ve seen is Fitz came in thinking he could run triple option like he did at Ga Southern and realized rather quickly that wasn’t going to work in the AAC. He’s looking for guys who can make plays with their feet and make most of throws. He’s gonna gear the offense to the talent at QB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote:
winwave wrote:

Interesting thing, WF brought in 3 QBs that do fit the triple option. 2 are gone and 1 is now a running back. And all 3 current offers on the table are passers.
I'm wondering too. we are having trouble recruiting the position. The triple option portion doesn't seem to be attractive to prospects b/c few if any run it in HS or at their JC. Maybe an emphasis on the other aspects of our offense while putting the triple option portion behind us can get us in the mix
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If Scott plans on committing this weekend, he should do it today. With a Saints game tomorrow and all the recap (and hopefully looking forward) that would be in the media on Monday, he wouldn't get the full coverage.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

sader24 wrote:I still think he's going to make the right decision for himself and come here. I say that with absolutely no inside info whatsoever.
Agree. I’m not worried at all about Oregon St. They suck and it’s a shithole, lol. If it were a decent P5 team, I would be concerned but I think we win out over Oregon St and Kansas.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

These could be Great Scott's next teammates...currently ranked number 12 in the Pac 12...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... wzMGjTP9Dd

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ltMfyu0o7x
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A poster on the yoggie site who says he's getting his information from a Tulane coach says the staff thought Scott was going to commit to us yesterday. When he told the coach he had seen on-line that OSU was now offering the coach was surprised.
galvezwave
Swell

I've been one of Lindsey's biggest proponents on here and even I'm getting sick of it. pick a f*****g school. It's gotten rediculous.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:A poster on the yoggie site who says he's getting his information from a Tulane coach says the staff thought Scott was going to commit to us yesterday. When he told the coach he had seen on-line that OSU was now offering the coach was surprised.
If Scott's smart he will pick us over OSU, but then coming out of high school Doug Mouton, Fletcher Mackel & Ed Daniels all delivered brief "editorials" advising Scott pick Tulane over LSU for obvious reasons. Scott is from Zachary, East Baton Rouge Parish, & as far as those people are concerned Tulane doesn't exist & the world begins and ends with LSU. I was not surprised in the least when he selected LSU but wil be surprised if he takes OSU over us. Hopefully he has learned his lesson and is grateful for a second chance to get it right for where to play college ball.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Would not be surprised if he chose Louisville he would not be expected to attend classes on campus; where he could take on line courses as Louisville's Lamar Jackson, and probably many others do.,
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wonder when the "alphabet networks" will be begin 24/7 coverage of the forthcoming announcement
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:Would not be surprised if he chose Louisville he would not be expected to attend classes on campus; where he could take on line courses as Louisville's Lamar Jackson, and probably many others do.,
You couldn’t be more wrong. He was outstanding in the classroom with a 3.8 grade point average. His dad is an attorney and Lindsey was enrolled in Engineering at LSU. He’s stated many times that he values a good education and that will play a part in his decision.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 265a6.html

Awards
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 03d6c.html
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He did visit OSU when he was originally being recruited.
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Lindsey was enrolled in Engineering at LSU
Well, that's not good for us.
God Bless Everyone!
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Would not be surprised if he chose Louisville he would not be expected to attend classes on campus; where he could take on line courses as Louisville's Lamar Jackson, and probably many others do.,
You couldn’t be more wrong. He was outstanding in the classroom with a 3.8 grade point average. His dad is an attorney and Lindsey was enrolled in Engineering at LSU. He’s stated many times that he values a good education and that will play a part in his decision.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 265a6.html

Awards
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 03d6c.html
My point was the Louisville approach to education .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Lindsey was enrolled in Engineering at LSU
Well, that's not good for us.
I think with his attending JC his academic path may shift to another major.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

As more comes out about this guy it appears less and less likely he's a fit here .