Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
wave97
Swell

anEngineer wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:If Scott comes to Tulane I'd Be surprised if he didn't take the starting job from Banks when it's all said and done. Maybe not by opening week but at some point in the season
If he's better, and knows the offense as well as Banks does at the time, then it's a good problem to have. But Banks got a lot better by the end of the season than he was when his first season in the offense started. I'd imagine that improvement continues with spring and summer practice camps. So, again, IF Scott is better in the offense than Banks, than it's an upgrade. But I don't see Coach Fritz giving the job to Scott (or ANYONE) simply because he agreed to come here. Winning matters at Tulane these days, and we do measure success by wins and losses.

BTW: Having viewed that last play at SMU about a dozen times since it happened, I don't think it was a pass play as Coach Fritz claimed. Banks never got the ball near his shoulder or anywhere near ready to throw a pass on the play. But I still think he got into the end zone. That one angle that SMU released a few days later was far from straight down the goal line.
That's part of the good and bad of Banks. Coach Fritz has said several times that Banks' winning TD in the Army game should have been a hand off to Hilliard. The read was for Hilliard and he walks in the endzone untouched. Instead Banks kept it and took some really big shots on the way in... but he got in. I imagine he was thinking the same thing at SMU.
I remember watching that play and thinking Hilliard could have walked in end zone untouched. I hope Jonathan Banks learns how to dish the ball when needed in critical situations.

JerseyWave
Riptide

We need to stop riding this guy's jock. He doesn't want to be at Tulane and I don't want him here if he only comes because it's his best offer. I'll Bank on Jonathan in 2018 and expect Fritz to have his heir apparent ready for 2019.
Wave755
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote:We need to stop riding this guy's jock. He doesn't want to be at Tulane and I don't want him here if he only comes because it's his best offer. I'll Bank on Jonathan in 2018 and expect Fritz to have his heir apparent ready for 2019.
Thankfully by the Monday after next, January the 15th, the saga of Lindsey Scott should one way or another be mercifully at an end.

If he comes here fine, it not, I'll get over it.
galvezwave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:We need to stop riding this guy's jock. He doesn't want to be at Tulane and I don't want him here if he only comes because it's his best offer. I'll Bank on Jonathan in 2018 and expect Fritz to have his heir apparent ready for 2019.
He's just a kid trying to find the best way to end up in an NFL camp. Nothing more , nothing less. I don't think it's about not wanting to be at a particular place. He knows he made a mistake out of high school and he can't screw this up.
JerseyWave
Riptide

galvezwave wrote:
He's just a kid trying to find the best way to end up in an NFL camp. Nothing more , nothing less. I don't think it's about not wanting to be at a particular place. He knows he made a mistake out of high school and he can't screw this up.

Now we're in trouble. Just read on Twitter that QB McClain is transferring. We need another scholarship QB on the roster!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
chain gang x man
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
Me and tps just said the same thing
greenphantom
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Was just about to post the same, Jersey. McClain was scheduled to be #2 behind Banks this season, as I'm sure the staff would like to RS Daniels. Wonder if he knows something we don't regarding Scott? Especially with this coming out right before school starts.
Me and tps just said the same thing
I hope this is the case but disappointed as it sounded like McClain had looked good in practice.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mizzo’s push
https://247sports.com/Article/Missouri- ... -113399797
Scott says he may official to Missouri soon and will have three years of eligibility at the next school of choice.
"Obviously like the chance to compete on the P5 level, as well as play with my childhood friend (Adam Sparks)," Scott said. "I don't know much about where they are going in terms of system at this point. Drew (Locke's) decision to stay or leave would have to be factored also. I like them no doubt. But lots of questions left. All these schools for one reason or another are on equal footing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WOW, I'm surprised that McClain is transferring. I thought they put the redshirt on him, and he would have had a chance to be the starter for three years. There were other QB's on the roster as well, But Brantley transferred as well. Is Bradwell now the emergency QB? Or is the kid from California (I think he was a walk-on) Hurst(?) or the one from Argyle Texas, Ledford, now the #2? Do either of them have enough talent that might let us breathe easier?

Anyone know why McClain is transferring? Did he cut it in the classroom? I'm just surprised at this move at this date. Wonder where he's going? Maybe he's headed to EMCC for a year!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This has nothing to do with Scott. It was put out there a couple of weeks ago on another site. Reports were that he didn't look good at all throwing the ball. He wasn't confident he would be developed here. During his recruiting everybody else wanted him at TE/Wr. There was good reason for that. Ledford is not a D-1 QB. So hopefully we get Scott and one more.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
all of the fine folks in Columbia Mizzou, can now collectively exhale and call it a cold front
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Locke just announced he's returning to Missou for Senior year. Does JJ McClesky have any ties to Scott?
Yes JJ does. He worked with Scott on his speed and footwork.
https://twitter.com/jjmccleskey/status/ ... 5844779008
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Time to go after Mr. Scott all out! Let's use the last four schollies making a good class a great one!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Time to go after Mr. Scott all out! Let's use the last four schollies making a good class a great one!
In my mind, Dooleys offense will never be a fit for Scott...given his background and prior coaching, Dooley is a pocket passer proponent something Scott does not fit...but then again, being PEE'd is being PEE'd...and it would be ironic, from one Tiger to another...aaahhh the karma of it all
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
Oregon State, with OC Mike Riley...should be interesting....memo to the Scott family, get very acquainted with Denver Int'l and the Portland airports, enjoy your ride down I-5 it is pretty...visit Mt Hood and The Dalles west of Portland on I-84....as I posted before, QB is the least of my worries and the JUCO's will be playing Football again this coming season
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:Oregon state offers Scott. I imagine we're toast. If I'm betting.
Monday is King Day, so do think Lindsey will finally end this thing on Tuesday, January the 16th?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. It’s probably over now. Tough deal for Willie Fritz. Wasted three years pursuing this kid.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

He better like rain . It never stops raining there . perpetual dark clouds and gloomy days .

Makes N O seem like a desert .

He apparently never wanted to be here, we are better off as he would have been a cancer here if was not starting .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Corvallis, Oregon might as well be in a different country from South Louisiana. I feel bad for Fritz who has invested heavily in this guy. As long as Banks stays healthy Quarterback won’t be a problem for Tulane in 2018.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:Corvallis, Oregon might as well be in a different country from South Louisiana. I feel bad for Fritz who has invested heavily in this guy. As long as Banks stays healthy Quarterback won’t be a problem for Tulane in 2018.
Healthy is the key. But I can’t remember the last time Tulane had a QB healthy all year.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

oh yeah...mom and dad...make sure you take late afternoon naps, his games won't be on TV until about 9 or 10 central time
galvezwave
Swell

He's not shopping for good weather , fun cities or decent game times. He's said it himself, the p5 PAC 12 is important to him. can't win that fight