Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:52 pm

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Face it, Lindsey. Its obviously in the cards for you to come to Tulane. Stop fighting what's meant to be.


I would love to have him here. It looks like he has his heart set on a P5 school. We shall see.


Lindsey was PEE'd on once...let's see if he has learned anything while in JC...word of his destination, should be forthcoming if he plans on enrolling for the "spring semester"


The biggest problem with Scott is his father. Think Lavar Ball. P5 is everything to him.


Lavar Ball? If he doesnt choose us, so be it. But Im starting see posts like this merely because we might not get him. We are starting to sound like LSWHO fans. Everything every read about this family, is that they are very classy people.


BS. The post is about how his father influences his decisions. He recently was interviewed at the school in Ms. by a NOLA reporter who drove over there. His father found out and rushed over there to interject himself. The history in his recruiting speaks to it.

I hope we get him and he pans out. I like Banks and am hopeful like everyone else that he will progress and be even better next year. As we all know our issues on the O-Line expose our QB's to injuries so we need quality players there. I'd prefer him to what we currently have at the backup spot for next year.


So fathers shouldn't influence decisions? Link? Reporter's name? Did you witness his father "rushing over"? The history of his recruiting speaks to what? As I said before, we don't need the kid. I think we should be recruiting other positions, especially if the kid doesn't want to be here. But, the only place I've seen comments like this is on our site. If we don't get him, we don't get him. But its well known that the kid has been well groomed, and comes from a great family. I won't bash the kid, his family, nor make anything up, just because he doesn't come to us.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:01 pm

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.


Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.


Word out if BR? I was told by a former Tulane QB, that he was told by Orgeron that he didnt like his height from day one. This other narrative is a manufactured one. Word in BR is that Scott saw limited reps in BR. He threw for 3000+ yds in his senior year in HS and 3500 this season. His offers are constistent with his measurables.


His height , or lack thereof , affects his ability to see the field. Huge step up from HS.


See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth


Two different players and two different offenses. The bottom line is that there is no doubt height can be an issue especially when you are talking 5'9". If we go true spread it helps to overcome it. I'm a big proponent of us going to that offense so I hope he comes, we go to the spread and he flourishes.


You do realize that Maryland is running a very similar system as ours right? That Pigrome and Scott are the same height? Alabama Gatorade POY & Louisiana Gatorage POY.

Tulane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2CPKYw0RI

Maryland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkczrQgQsoo



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:13 pm

RobertM320 wrote:OK, we'll put this discussion to bed once and for all. Here's Scott's tweet of his receiving the offer from LSU. Its dated Jan 19, 2016, 15 days before signing date. So NO, LSU wasn't "on him" for two years.

EDIT: And the very first post of this thread says we offered him on Dec 13, 2015, immediately after Fritz became HC.



He was "offered" on 1/19/16. Maybe we disagree on what "on him" means. I tend to think that "on him" means recruiting activity like visiting the HS, watching practices, invitation to camps, and maintaining a relationship. I've heard a radio interview, where the kid said that that relationship had been forming for two years. He had not had any contact with Tulane, until the new staff came. Other articles are out there that talk about his recruitment and school that had shown interest. http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... arcia.html. In any event, a number his offers were late, including ours.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:Simple. Their top flight QB recruit in that class bolted very late in the process. Their fans were livid that they didn't have a QB in the class. The media was blowing Scott's profile up. They then started pursuing Scott and he took the bait.

And my inner conspiracy theorist wants to believe that LSUgh, knowing the importance of the possible Scott commitment to Tulane, wanted him all the more. What makes competitive LA recruiting weaker, makes LSUgh stronger.


Lantern there's no need for your inner conspiracy theorist when it comes to LSWHO's mindset on recruiting. You are absolutely correct that they operate that way. It's just that in this instance things really fell apart for them very late. The media helped them out by playing up Scott's abilities so the fans were satisfied when they got him. They were just saving face.


Media help? This is ridiculous. 5000 yards and 61 TDs and a state title, plus Scott was recruited by LSU for 2 years, while not being contacted by Tulane until after the state title was certainly a factor. Of coursd that wasnt WFs fault.


He didn't have great offers coming out compared to his HS numbers. LSU didn't get on him till all their top flight commits bailed. That's when they offered him.


LSU had been "on him" for 2 years. In fact our offer didnt come until December of his Sr. year. Maryland, Wake Forest, Rutgers were also late offers. He had been committes to Syracuse until the staff was fired.


No they hadn't and they certainly didn't offer till they had their backs to the wall. Everyone but him and his father saw through it. Hopefully they have a better view of things this go around.


Who knows what their plans were. I'm certainly not in the know there. The kid will most likely land somewhere else. We have a good QB. Good luck to the kid.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Schools visit HSs, watch practices, and invite to camps hundreds of players each year. Currently Tulane has 352 offers outstanding, according to 247. Obviously he wasn't in LSU's plans at all if they had 300+ players offered and he wasn't one of them. It was a desperation move on their part.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5395
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby DfromCT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 pm

winwave wrote:Two different players and two different offenses. The bottom line is that there is no doubt height can be an issue especially when you are talking 5'9". If we go true spread it helps to overcome it. I'm a big proponent of us going to that offense so I hope he comes, we go to the spread and he flourishes.


Watch the video, win. I was shocked at how closely the Maryland offense resembles our offense. Maryland's offense is a zone read option, like ours. They do it a bit better, at least in the opening game of 2017 vs. UT. But they run a whole lot of plays that look like they're right out of the Willie Fritz Playbook.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 pm

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Two different players and two different offenses. The bottom line is that there is no doubt height can be an issue especially when you are talking 5'9". If we go true spread it helps to overcome it. I'm a big proponent of us going to that offense so I hope he comes, we go to the spread and he flourishes.


Watch the video, win. I was shocked at how closely the Maryland offense resembles our offense. Maryland's offense is a zone read option, like ours. They do it a bit better, at least in the opening game of 2017 vs. UT. But they run a whole lot of plays that look like they're right out of the Willie Fritz Playbook.


Totally agree. Point is, we run a version of the spread already. Lots of schools are running similar systems.
Last edited by WeWave2 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 pm

RobertM320 wrote:Schools visit HSs, watch practices, and invite to camps hundreds of players each year. Currently Tulane has 352 offers outstanding, according to 247. Obviously he wasn't in LSU's plans at all if they had 300+ players offered and he wasn't one of them. It was a desperation move on their part.


Scott said that they were recruiting him for 2 years. I'll take his word for it. I guess there's no sense in debating whats basically history now.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 pm

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Face it, Lindsey. Its obviously in the cards for you to come to Tulane. Stop fighting what's meant to be.


I would love to have him here. It looks like he has his heart set on a P5 school. We shall see.


Lindsey was PEE'd on once...let's see if he has learned anything while in JC...word of his destination, should be forthcoming if he plans on enrolling for the "spring semester"


The biggest problem with Scott is his father. Think Lavar Ball. P5 is everything to him.


Lavar Ball? If he doesnt choose us, so be it. But Im starting see posts like this merely because we might not get him. We are starting to sound like LSWHO fans. Everything every read about this family, is that they are very classy people.


BS. The post is about how his father influences his decisions. He recently was interviewed at the school in Ms. by a NOLA reporter who drove over there. His father found out and rushed over there to interject himself. The history in his recruiting speaks to it.

I hope we get him and he pans out. I like Banks and am hopeful like everyone else that he will progress and be even better next year. As we all know our issues on the O-Line expose our QB's to injuries so we need quality players there. I'd prefer him to what we currently have at the backup spot for next year.


So fathers shouldn't influence decisions? Link? Reporter's name? Did you witness his father "rushing over"? The history of his recruiting speaks to what? As I said before, we don't need the kid. I think we should be recruiting other positions, especially if the kid doesn't want to be here. But, the only place I've seen comments like this is on our site. If we don't get him, we don't get him. But its well known that the kid has been well groomed, and comes from a great family. I won't bash the kid, his family, nor make anything up, just because he doesn't come to us.


They shouldn't be overbearing. This information came from those that have proven themselves reliable following Tulane recruiting over many years. Sorry but you don't come close to those. No one's making things up. His recruiting was very public. It's already been pointed out that his OFFER from LSU didn't come till extremely late in the process but you just refuse to accept it and try to dance around it by moving the goal post.


It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:59 pm

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.


Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.


Word out if BR? I was told by a former Tulane QB, that he was told by Orgeron that he didnt like his height from day one. This other narrative is a manufactured one. Word in BR is that Scott saw limited reps in BR. He threw for 3000+ yds in his senior year in HS and 3500 this season. His offers are constistent with his measurables.


His height , or lack thereof , affects his ability to see the field. Huge step up from HS.


See maryland vs texas 2017 - tyrell pigrome. Destroy the myth


Two different players and two different offenses. The bottom line is that there is no doubt height can be an issue especially when you are talking 5'9". If we go true spread it helps to overcome it. I'm a big proponent of us going to that offense so I hope he comes, we go to the spread and he flourishes.


You do realize that Maryland is running a very similar system as ours right? That Pigrome and Scott are the same height? Alabama Gatorade POY & Louisiana Gatorage POY.

Tulane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2CPKYw0RI

Maryland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkczrQgQsoo


Maryland is not running the offense that Scott ran at Last Chance U. That's what I was referencing. Scott said in that interview posted above that the offense he ran there and the one Tulane runs are not the same. Banks said the same thing. As the season went on we started running more of a spread offense that better fits what Banks does well. Hopefully we would do the same for him.


It's the facilities stupid!

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:17 pm

I know it's been a few years but we forget that the LSU faithful saw several years of Scott as a BR player that we only saw in the state finals. After losing Franks, the peasants truly had the pitchforks out for Miles to sign the local kid. It was a long shot sop to LSU's fan base. He had an extra scholarship. Scott didn't play for Miles who got fired anyway and he wasn't going to play for Orgeron and Canada who demoted him.

Size matters in football as in any other sport. But like a Jose Altuve you have to know when to make an exception. LSU wouldn't have started Nico Marley either. Some teams get caught up in their "systems" and in this case they apparently wanted their QB to project as an NFL player which you may have to go back to Eddie LeBaron to find an NFL QB Scott's size. Even Doug Flutie is taller than Scott. Great for Tulane that LSU ignored him. Scott will succeed somewhere and with luck it's Tulane.



User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm

lurker123 wrote:I know it's been a few years but we forget that the LSU faithful saw several years of Scott as a BR player that we only saw in the state finals. After losing Franks, the peasants truly had the pitchforks out for Miles to sign the local kid. It was a long shot sop to LSU's fan base. He had an extra scholarship. Scott didn't play for Miles who got fired anyway and he wasn't going to play for Orgeron and Canada who demoted him.

Size matters in football as in any other sport. But like a Jose Altuve you have to know when to make an exception. LSU wouldn't have started Nico Marley either. Some teams get caught up in their "systems" and in this case they apparently wanted their QB to project as an NFL player which you may have to go back to Eddie LeBaron to find an NFL QB Scott's size. Even Doug Flutie is taller than Scott. Great for Tulane that LSU ignored him. Scott will succeed somewhere and with luck it's Tulane.


Eddie LeBaron? Haven't heard that name in years. Just how old ARE you, lurker?


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:08 pm

winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Face it, Lindsey. Its obviously in the cards for you to come to Tulane. Stop fighting what's meant to be.


I would love to have him here. It looks like he has his heart set on a P5 school. We shall see.


Lindsey was PEE'd on once...let's see if he has learned anything while in JC...word of his destination, should be forthcoming if he plans on enrolling for the "spring semester"


The biggest problem with Scott is his father. Think Lavar Ball. P5 is everything to him.


Lavar Ball? If he doesnt choose us, so be it. But Im starting see posts like this merely because we might not get him. We are starting to sound like LSWHO fans. Everything every read about this family, is that they are very classy people.


BS. The post is about how his father influences his decisions. He recently was interviewed at the school in Ms. by a NOLA reporter who drove over there. His father found out and rushed over there to interject himself. The history in his recruiting speaks to it.

I hope we get him and he pans out. I like Banks and am hopeful like everyone else that he will progress and be even better next year. As we all know our issues on the O-Line expose our QB's to injuries so we need quality players there. I'd prefer him to what we currently have at the backup spot for next year.


So fathers shouldn't influence decisions? Link? Reporter's name? Did you witness his father "rushing over"? The history of his recruiting speaks to what? As I said before, we don't need the kid. I think we should be recruiting other positions, especially if the kid doesn't want to be here. But, the only place I've seen comments like this is on our site. If we don't get him, we don't get him. But its well known that the kid has been well groomed, and comes from a great family. I won't bash the kid, his family, nor make anything up, just because he doesn't come to us.


They shouldn't be overbearing. This information came from those that have proven themselves reliable following Tulane recruiting over many years. Sorry but you don't come close to those. No one's making things up. His recruiting was very public. It's already been pointed out that his OFFER from LSU didn't come till extremely late in the process but you just refuse to accept it and try to dance around it by moving the goal post.


His eventual "offer" was very public. I concede, that his "offer" was late. Tulane's offer came literally a month prior. You and I shouldn't be debating this. It doesn't effect either of us. We don't personally know the kid, or his father. We are just guys on a message board. After all of our debating, the kid likely goes elsewhere. His decision on a school rest with he and his family, as it should. Good luck to them.



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5395
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby DfromCT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 pm

Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm

DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:05 pm

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Face it, Lindsey. Its obviously in the cards for you to come to Tulane. Stop fighting what's meant to be.


I would love to have him here. It looks like he has his heart set on a P5 school. We shall see.


Lindsey was PEE'd on once...let's see if he has learned anything while in JC...word of his destination, should be forthcoming if he plans on enrolling for the "spring semester"


The biggest problem with Scott is his father. Think Lavar Ball. P5 is everything to him.


Lavar Ball? If he doesnt choose us, so be it. But Im starting see posts like this merely because we might not get him. We are starting to sound like LSWHO fans. Everything every read about this family, is that they are very classy people.


BS. The post is about how his father influences his decisions. He recently was interviewed at the school in Ms. by a NOLA reporter who drove over there. His father found out and rushed over there to interject himself. The history in his recruiting speaks to it.

I hope we get him and he pans out. I like Banks and am hopeful like everyone else that he will progress and be even better next year. As we all know our issues on the O-Line expose our QB's to injuries so we need quality players there. I'd prefer him to what we currently have at the backup spot for next year.


So fathers shouldn't influence decisions? Link? Reporter's name? Did you witness his father "rushing over"? The history of his recruiting speaks to what? As I said before, we don't need the kid. I think we should be recruiting other positions, especially if the kid doesn't want to be here. But, the only place I've seen comments like this is on our site. If we don't get him, we don't get him. But its well known that the kid has been well groomed, and comes from a great family. I won't bash the kid, his family, nor make anything up, just because he doesn't come to us.


They shouldn't be overbearing. This information came from those that have proven themselves reliable following Tulane recruiting over many years. Sorry but you don't come close to those. No one's making things up. His recruiting was very public. It's already been pointed out that his OFFER from LSU didn't come till extremely late in the process but you just refuse to accept it and try to dance around it by moving the goal post.


His eventual "offer" was very public. I concede, that his "offer" was late. Tulane's offer came literally a month prior. You and I shouldn't be debating this. It doesn't effect either of us. We don't personally know the kid, or his father. We are just guys on a message board. After all of our debating, the kid likely goes elsewhere. His decision on a school rest with he and his family, as it should. Good luck to them.


Actually that's why these boards exist. We all would like to see him here and wish him luck if he goes elsewhere.


It's the facilities stupid!

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5395
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby DfromCT » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


So he and Flutie, arguably one of the best college quarterbacks of our lifetime, are about the same size. My point exactly. Have any of those folks that saw Scott play in HS seen him lately. Or better yet, measured him? 210 is a lot of weight for someone 5'9" to carry. Is that stat padded, too?

BTW: I'm a shade under 6 feet tall. I've stood next to Drew Brees twice in person and both times thought he was a tad bit shorter than me. But there was no doubt who was more athletic!


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

WeWave2
Ripple
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby WeWave2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:23 pm

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


Standing next to 6'3+ can make 5'11 look 5'9 real quick. I've met Chase Fourcade a few times, who is about 6'0". I remember Chase posted a pic with Scott at Maryland. They were close in height.

https://twitter.com/ChaseFourcade/statu ... 5233865728



lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 pm

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


So he and Flutie, arguably one of the best college quarterbacks of our lifetime, are about the same size. My point exactly. Have any of those folks that saw Scott play in HS seen him lately. Or better yet, measured him? 210 is a lot of weight for someone 5'9" to carry. Is that stat padded, too?

BTW: I'm a shade under 6 feet tall. I've stood next to Drew Brees twice in person and both times thought he was a tad bit shorter than me. But there was no doubt who was more athletic!



lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby lurker123 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Brees ain't 6 ft either. Glad you confirmed that personally!

Look we're simply trying to explain why Scott is basically being under-recruited like he is the star of a six man football team in Alpine, Texas. He is not simply slightly shorter than the ideal QB prototype, he is way shorter just like Nico Marley compared to an ideal LB candidate. Is that five inches or seven or eight short? Who cares?

Evaluators are looking at his physical measurements instead of believing their lying eyes of his game tapes. Scott and Zachary dominated the top classification of LA HS ball. That's good enough for this layman to be pleased Fritz is putting the full court love fest on him and really glad that at least to date only the worst P5 football team is courting him. I suspect that will change in the next two weeks.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


So he and Flutie, arguably one of the best college quarterbacks of our lifetime, are about the same size. My point exactly. Have any of those folks that saw Scott play in HS seen him lately. Or better yet, measured him? 210 is a lot of weight for someone 5'9" to carry. Is that stat padded, too?

BTW: I'm a shade under 6 feet tall. I've stood next to Drew Brees twice in person and both times thought he was a tad bit shorter than me. But there was no doubt who was more athletic!


There's exceptions to the rule but who better than Tulane fans know they are few and far between.


It's the facilities stupid!

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10898
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Lindsey Scott commits to LSU now transferring to EMCC

Postby winwave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:22 pm

WeWave2 wrote:
winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Flutie was generously listed at 5'10. I don't know how accurate the listing is, but Scott is 5'11


Listed at 5'11" but many who follow this closely and go to go HS games to see players in person have said he is 5'9". Seeing him in footage standing with the other QB's at LSU he was noticeably shorter.


Standing next to 6'3+ can make 5'11 look 5'9 real quick. I've met Chase Fourcade a few times, who is about 6'0". I remember Chase posted a pic with Scott at Maryland. They were close in height.

https://twitter.com/ChaseFourcade/statu ... 5233865728


Chase isn't 6' and that's why he's at Nicholls.


It's the facilities stupid!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests