Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

WeWave2 wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:If this guy is better than Banks then we have to get him. I can’t stand watching much more of this offense the way it is.
Amen. We got to get Scott, or someone. Banks isn’t cutting it.
Banks did not appear to be the problem. We cant block. We cant pass protect. If we want to attract QBs, we bave to demonstate the ability to protect the QB. Banks was running for his life most of the night. Multiple penalties from the Oline. Too many positive plays negated by holding calls.
I agree that Banks wasn't the problem. They were all over him every time he dropped back to pass. Now some of the credit for that has to go to USFs line. They're much bigger than we were, and they brought the pressure. But we obviously did something right, because we had almost 500 yards of offense. Early in the game, USF went with man coverage and a single high safety. Once Banks was able to hit a couple of slants, they backed off a second safety, which helped the run game a bit. There's no doubt that they're better athletes than what we have right now.

I fully expect us to be 3-5 after next week, and yet I still expect to beat Cinn and ECU, and steal one somewhere else.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

SMU had to go to OT to beat Cincy. Won't have to steal it against SMU.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Cincy, ECU, and Houston are winnable games to get bowl eligible. Road games at Memphis and SMU will be tough, considering we still haven't won a road game this season. Losing last week at FIU was unforgivable.

UCF is clearly the best team in the conference. They're much better than USF in my opinion. Luckily their coach is probably going to Nebraska next season.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If we do our part, we should be 5-5 going into the games vs Houston and @SMU. SMU tends to be tougher at home, so neither will be easy.

And I definitely agree, UCF is better than USF.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Lindsey was spotted yesterday at Yulman.
https://twitter.com/chrishagantv/status ... 5743759361
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Lindsey was spotted yesterday at Yulman.
Very Interesting...but is he better than Brantley?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:
Yes
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Wavetime wrote:
Yes
Glad you replied. I thought it was a trick question. :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Wavetime wrote:
Yes
Glad you replied. I thought it was a trick question. :D
It was. :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

If we can’t get Lindsey 1.0.....
Then perhaps the second coming of Lindsey Scott? Lindsey 2.0
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... dd34c.html
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:If we can’t get Lindsey 1.0.....
He's only a soph. Class of 2020. Could work.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:If we can’t get Lindsey 1.0.....
He's only a soph. Class of 2020. Could work.
Yes indeed!
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

With so many big schools pursuing Chip Kelly and Scott Frost, wouldn't surprise me to see Scott recruited by them at their destination schools.
GreenLantern
Riptide

JerseyWave
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:With so many big schools pursuing Chip Kelly and Scott Frost, wouldn't surprise me to see Scott recruited by them at their destination schools.

Imagine.....Scott goes to Nebraska and beats out Tanner Lee who is entering his tenth year of eligibility.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Fun fact: Kansas only has 10 commits so far. They're rated #69, just a few spots ahead of us. FOUR of the ten commits are from the New Orleans area, 3 from Landry-Walker and one from Hahnville. So if Tony Hull has recruited those four, just what exactly are the rest of the Kansas coaches doing to only have six more commits?
https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/9 ... 3099274240 https://twitter.com/JeritRoser/status/9 ... 3028795392 https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 1066404864
wave97
Swell

They should talk to Kirk Merritt while they're at it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I would like to see Scott @ Tulane, will it happen, I highly doubt it... If there is anyway for him to go to an SEC school that is where he will end up, especially if that school is on LSU's schedule in the near future... I would hate to see the young man end up at Kansas, and I have to admit I am surprised Texas Tech is not in the mix, since they need a QB for next season. UH may even come into play within the next few weeks and depending who is hired at UCF or FSU a trip to the state of Florida may be in the mix
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bearwave
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote:I would like to see Scott @ Tulane, will it happen, I highly doubt it... If there is anyway for him to go to an SEC school that is where he will end up, especially if that school is on LSU's schedule in the near future... I would hate to see the young man end up at Kansas, and I have to admit I am surprised Texas Tech is not in the mix, since they need a QB for next season. UH may even come into play within the next few weeks and depending who is hired at UCF or FSU a trip to the state of Florida may be in the mix
He doesn't fit into Coach Bro's offense at TT.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I would like to see Scott @ Tulane, will it happen, I highly doubt it... If there is anyway for him to go to an SEC school that is where he will end up, especially if that school is on LSU's schedule in the near future... I would hate to see the young man end up at Kansas, and I have to admit I am surprised Texas Tech is not in the mix, since they need a QB for next season. UH may even come into play within the next few weeks and depending who is hired at UCF or FSU a trip to the state of Florida may be in the mix
He doesn't fit into Coach Bro's offense at TT.
U may be correct, if he is not mobile and can't throw on the run like Mahomes, there is no need for him to visit Spank's Resturant across from the stadium in scenic Lubbock...and if that is the case, why the hell is Tulane recruiting him
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bearwave
High Tide

He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.
Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
Bearwave wrote:He's mobile, but not a great passer. Tulane doesn't run an Air Raid type offense like Tech. He's a better fit for the Tulane offense.
Thanks for posting that. That was the word out of BR that he wasn't cutting it as a passer. His offers may pick up but they weren't overwhelming when he came out and they aren't overwhelming now.
I am confused as all Hell...he signs with LSU, because LSU is going to run the triple option ?....if he couldn't pass, why did LSU waste it's time ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Simple. Their top flight QB recruit in that class bolted very late in the process. Their fans were livid that they didn't have a QB in the class. The media was blowing Scott's profile up. They then started pursuing Scott and he took the bait.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Simple. Their top flight QB recruit in that class bolted very late in the process. Their fans were livid that they didn't have a QB in the class. The media was blowing Scott's profile up. They then started pursuing Scott and he took the bait.
thank U...will be interesting if former Mizzou OC Josh Heupel goes after Scott....Heupel was a passer for Mike Leach @ Oklahoma...so if the kid can't throw.....