Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow that didn't take long.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

It's the Mothers who make the decision!
JerseyWave
Riptide

They got their guy to run the scout team.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:They got their guy to run the scout team.
:lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

As I've said before, the next star qb might already by taking classes at Tulane. I hope Cuiellette is sleeping with the Fritz playbook under his pillow at night and watching SHSU football tape circa 2010-13 during the day.
galvezwave
Swell

I don't agree with the shots taken at Mr Scott. We are in legit battles with the sec and acc for quarterbacks. Honestly, if Lindsey doesn't absolutely believe he will be lsu's starting qb, if he doesn't believe he will be the best qb on their roster, then I don't want him at Tulane. We lost. Wish him well and move on.
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:I don't agree with the shots taken at Mr Scott. We are in legit battles with the sec and acc for quarterbacks. Honestly, if Lindsey doesn't absolutely believe he will be lsu's starting qb, if he doesn't believe he will be the best qb on their roster, then I don't want him at Tulane. We lost. Wish him well and move on.
Lindsay's only hope is Les Miles will be fired after the 2016 season. Otherwise, like so man other high school "superstars," in a year or two he will fade to total obscurity at LSU. :shakingno:
galvezwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
galvezwave wrote:I don't agree with the shots taken at Mr Scott. We are in legit battles with the sec and acc for quarterbacks. Honestly, if Lindsey doesn't absolutely believe he will be lsu's starting qb, if he doesn't believe he will be the best qb on their roster, then I don't want him at Tulane. We lost. Wish him well and move on.
Lindsay's only hope is Les Miles will be fired after the 2016 season. Otherwise, like so man other high school "superstars," in a year or two he will fade to total obscurity at LSU. :shakingno:
If thats his fate so be it. Looking at if from his point of view. Which is nothing like ours.
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
If thats his fate so be it. Looking at if from his point of view. Which is nothing like ours.
I am not surprised by his decision, as I posted earlier I believe the last player we got LSU wanted was WR Tyrone Vaughns in 1983? In particular when I was his age, I made many decision I now regret. Going to Tulane is not one of them. I am sure every friend of his told him he would be "nuts" not to commit to LSU.

We will still do fine without Scott. 8-)
galvezwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
I am not surprised by his decision, as I posted earlier I believe the last player we got LSU wanted was WR Tyrone Vaughns in 1983? In particular when I was his age, I made many decision I now regret. Going to Tulane is not one of them. I am sure every friend of his told him he would be "nuts" not to commit to LSU.

We will still do fine without Scott. 8-)
You Damn right we will.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Not surprising we lost the recruiting battle to the football school in Louisiana, but I remain optimistic. With such a late hire of our coach, he had to hit the ground running and putting together a class would be somewhat of a miracle. I can't wait to see what WF's first real recruiting cycle will look like and the type of kids he recruits.

Roll Wave Rolllllll
puffy
Surge

The greatest benefit that I saw with Scott at Tulane was that he seemed to have the tools necessary to grasp Fritz's offense right away (it wouldn't have hurt to have the state player of the year commit to you either from a PR perspective). Winning consistently, climbing the AAC totem pole and making appearances in the top-25 rankings will help Tulane secure these types of recruits in the future.

At this point, it seems like the job will be between Cuiellette and Bradwell, with Brantley potentially redshirting and Powell providing depth. This all changes if Pigrome signs on Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

galvez, I think its a plus that we're actually in the conversation with the SEC and ACC for players, especially QBs. And I also appreciate what you're saying. You want a player that has confidence in their own abilities. However, you also want one that understands their own abilities and is smart enough to maximize them. A dual threat QB signing with a team that runs a pro-style offense is no better than Tanner Lee staying in a program that plans on running the option. If he's not smart enough to figure that out, then I don't want him at Tulane either. We all wish him well. We'll be fine with whomever we have at QB. I have faith in CWF.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Channel 4 sports just had a great interview with Lindsey Scott. He said Tulane was extremely close to getting him he said coach Fritz is very family oriented. He also said Tulane has "awesome" facilities.
Said LSU made promises. But it isn't true until they do it. Said they will run more spread offense for him. He said LSU hangs your jersey in a locker you put it on they take a picture and then you walk into Tiger Stadium. That part really sold him.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Channel 4 sports just had a great interview with Lindsey Scott. He said Tulane was extremely close to getting him he said coach Fritz is very family oriented. He also said Tulane has "awesome" facilities.
Said LSU made promises. But it isn't true until they do it. Said they will run more spread offense for him.
They told him what he wants to hear. When you have a stable of four and five star running backs and receivers you better get the ball into their hands. Leonard Fournette won't win the Heisman in a spread offense.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Channel 4 sports just had a great interview with Lindsey Scott. He said Tulane was extremely close to getting him he said coach Fritz is very family oriented. He also said Tulane has "awesome" facilities.
Said LSU made promises. But it isn't true until they do it. Said they will run more spread offense for him.
They told him what he wants to hear. When you have a stable of four and five star running backs and receivers you better get the ball into their hands. Leonard Fournette won't win the Heisman in a spread offense.
Yep
He also said LSU hangs your # jersey in a locker you put it on they take a picture and then you walk into Tiger Stadium. That part really sold him.
Listening to him it looks like LSU stole him right from us.
If you're in NOLA you can watch the Ch 4 replay on ch 15 of the interview. I recorded it. Had he signed with us I would have YouTube it. But probably won't now.

Here's the Tulane part of the interview.
https://www.facebook.com/tim.sweeney.75 ... 013753740/
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:
What?

Last time I checked, the spread offense gets the ball into the playmakers hands with mismatches in front of him. I don't think LSU will honor this promise, so the point may be moot (or Fournette will be gone before Scott sees the field.) But to think that an RB cannot win the Heisman in the spread just makes no sense to me. Besides, 'Bama showed the rest of the SEC how to shut down Fournette. He won't start next year with a ridiculous string of 200 yard rushing games.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ExileWave
Surge

Said LSU made promises. But it isn't true until they do it. Said they will run more spread offense for him. He said LSU hangs your jersey in a locker you put it on they take a picture and then you walk into Tiger Stadium. That part really sold him.
If I am not wrong, Harris was a top-3 dual threat QB and Under Armour All American coming in to LSU. They have not changed the offense for him. I wish young Mr. Scott the best. Hope he doesn't get lost in the crowd of stars up there. Miles signed him because every other QB recruit plus the transfer QB from Oklahoma turned him down- and just maybe to screw Tulane.
Wavetime
Swell

I sure hope the young man is successful, however, I just don't see it. Miles is a Big 10/Michigan man and always will be. He is a run first, second and third,,,passing may be 8th. They had Mettenberger (NFL), Jarvis Landry (NFL - All Pro), and Odell Beckham (NFL - All Pro) and yet he still ran the ball........They did pass that year, but they went right back to running.

I just don't see how Scott will see the field in the next few years. He may not redshirt, but he won't see the field. It hurts to lose this guy after being so close, and it hurts even more to lose him to those wienies,,,,and he's just going to ride the pine.......
puffy
Surge

Wavetime wrote:I sure hope the young man is successful, however, I just don't see it. Miles is a Big 10/Michigan man and always will be. He is a run first, second and third,,,passing may be 8th. They had Mettenberger (NFL), Jarvis Landry (NFL - All Pro), and Odell Beckham (NFL - All Pro) and yet he still ran the ball........They did pass that year, but they went right back to running.

I just don't see how Scott will see the field in the next few years. He may not redshirt, but he won't see the field. It hurts to lose this guy after being so close, and it hurts even more to lose him to those wienies,,,,and he's just going to ride the pine.......
When you've been as bad as Tulane has been, and for as long as they have been, you're not going to win any battles against LSU for a recruit. It's going to take wins and bowl games and championships and rankings and facility improvements/expansion before Tulane can truly compete for a student athlete that LSU wants.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

The idea that Les Miles is going to change the offense for a 3 star recruit they hadn't offered more than two weeks before signing day seems really suspicious, to say the least.

Good luck to the young man.
Wavetime
Swell

puffy wrote:
Wavetime wrote:I sure hope the young man is successful, however, I just don't see it. Miles is a Big 10/Michigan man and always will be. He is a run first, second and third,,,passing may be 8th. They had Mettenberger (NFL), Jarvis Landry (NFL - All Pro), and Odell Beckham (NFL - All Pro) and yet he still ran the ball........They did pass that year, but they went right back to running.

When you've been as bad as Tulane has been, and for as long as they have been, you're not going to win any battles against LSU for a recruit. It's going to take wins and bowl games and championships and rankings and facility improvements/expansion before Tulane can truly compete for a student athlete that LSU wants.
I understand. I'm just saying that I don't have to like it. Also, I truly hope the young man plays and is successful.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here's a quote from another top LSU recruit:
"Recruiters are like car salesmen," he says. "They tell you what you want to hear, and then once you buy the car, if it's not what you want, you've got to live with it."
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Here's a quote from another top LSU recruit:
"Recruiters are like car salesmen," he says. "They tell you what you want to hear, and then once you buy the car, if it's not what you want, you've got to live with it."
Caveat emptor!
This time next year should be much more productive for attracting prospects. This staff will have had a chance to prove that they are turning the program in the right direction by way of the performance on the field. Not with a bunch of hollow NFL & The U anecdotes and innuendos.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

wave97 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Here's a quote from another top LSU recruit:
Caveat emptor!
This time next year should be much more productive for attracting prospects. This staff will have had a chance to prove that they are turning the program in the right direction by way of the performance on the field. Not with a bunch of hollow NFL & The U anecdotes and innuendos.
That's exactly right. It's a sales pitch and caveat emptor is the right lens to view.

It's just that our sales pitch sucks right now. Our sales pitch is basically "we're in NOLA and going to change everything from Cowen/Dickson/CJ/Toledo so you should be a part of that." 12 months from now our coaching staff won't be putting together a recruiting list on the fly, Dannen will have plans/drawings for the kind of facilities that will excite recruits and allow us to compete with P5s and CWF will most probably be coming off a rare Tulane bowl game. Imagine what can be done with that kind of difference. And what happens when that compounds in 24 months?

We've got the right people. They can turn this around, but we've got to have realistic expectations about timing.