Giovanni LaFrance has decommitted

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Per Rivals, Giovanni LaFrance has decommitted
http://247sports.com/Player/Giovanni-LaFrance-55364

Probably going to Memphis following David Johnson?

Giovanni Lafrance who stands at 6’0″ 239 lbs. He was the #1 recruited ILB in the state of Louisiana.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the first of several
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

Utah, Cal or ULL

part of the territory. Hopefully we get more and better recruits.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The right coach is more important than any recruit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:The right coach is more important than any recruit.
This.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:The right coach is more important than any recruit.

Thats for sure!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
JTLiuzza
Swell

DrBox wrote:Utah, Cal or ULL

part of the territory. Hopefully we get more and better recruits.
Part of the territory is right. Change coaches this kind of thing happens. Good luck to the young man.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
ajcalhoun
Swell

It's not over until signing day. Let the new coach take a crack at him.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:It's not over until signing day. Let the new coach take a crack at him.
decommitted before even finding out who the position coach was...brilliant move on his part
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
COChip
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:Per Rivals, Giovanni LaFrance has decommitted
http://247sports.com/Player/Giovanni-LaFrance-55364

Probably going to Memphis following David Johnson?

Giovanni Lafrance who stands at 6’0″ 239 lbs. He was the #1 recruited ILB in the state of Louisiana.
I can see Cal or maybe Utah......but ULL, c'mon.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WF still has time to reel him back in.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

COChip wrote:
tpstulane wrote: http://247sports.com/Player/Giovanni-LaFrance-55364
He was the #1 recruited ILB in the state of Louisiana.
I find that hard to believe.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote:
tpstulane wrote: http://247sports.com/Player/Giovanni-LaFrance-55364
He was the #1 recruited ILB in the state of Louisiana.
I find that hard to believe.
http://sportstalkfeed.com/2015/12/tulan ... l-dynasty/
The defensive core are really going to like ILB Giovanni Lafrance who stands at 6’0″ 239 lbs. He was the #1 recruited ILB in the state of Louisiana. He will work with leading tackler Nico Marley who had over 80 tackles last year. Giovanni will be Tulane's prized recruit to help Tulane get back to that stingy 2013 defense that forced 35 turnovers for a +11 turnover margin. As a whole whoever the new coach will be, progress has to be made in that one category to get back to a winning record. The biggest asset that Tulane is the location. This is where the intangibles can really swing recruits their way.
http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... acker.html
LaFrance also has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cal, Louisiana Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Utah among others. He is considered a consensus three-star prospect by Rivals, ESPN and 247 Sports. 247Sports lists him as the No. 22 inside linebacker in the country.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

They must be judging by the quantity of offers and not the quality of offers. Where's the interest from Alabama, LSU, Texas, Michigan, etc?
God Bless Everyone!
Wave QB
Swell

I liked his game, but I am just glad that we made a good hire.
DrBox
Riptide

We have another de-commit. I'll put it here if this is a general decomit thread rather than start another.

Quince #15 ‏@Jacoby_hill15 26m26 minutes ago
I've OFFICIALLY DECOMITTED FROM Tulane University.

His wording in something he wrote is strange; essentially it says after talking with Coach Fritz, I am now firmly de-committed from Tulane.
wave97
Swell

It's too bad that that these de-commits are not looking beyond their relationships with Lionel, Jason & Kwahn. If ever there were a time to be hopeful for the program in the last 17 years, it's now. I hope Jacoby Hill reconsiders his de-commitment.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:It's too bad that that these de-commits are not looking beyond their relationships with Lionel, Jason & Kwahn. If ever there were a time to be hopeful for the program in the last 17 years, it's now. I hope Jacoby Hill reconsiders his de-commitment.
I agree... They want to decommit, but stay committed to a Head Coach was an unmitigated loser, I am not so sure we would want them around....
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
wave97 wrote:It's too bad that that these de-commits are not looking beyond their relationships with Lionel, Jason & Kwahn. If ever there were a time to be hopeful for the program in the last 17 years, it's now. I hope Jacoby Hill reconsiders his de-commitment.
I agree... They want to decommit, but stay committed to a Head Coach was an unmitigated loser, I am not so sure we would want them around....
Is it not possible that some of those decommitting look at the style of play of a coach and come to believe that that style doesn't match their talents and therefore they may not get much playing time?

I have no clue what Fritz told Tulane's new AD about what type of offense he'd run, but he was hired at GaSouthern because they wanted to run the ball and that's what he did. I think they averaged something like 6 forward passes a game.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

But he also said (and his track record proves) that he'll do whatever's best for his personnel.

According to Dr. Box, he actually spoke to coach Fritz, so at least that tells us he's already working the commits.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:But he also said (and his track record proves) that he'll do whatever's best for his personnel.

According to Dr. Box, he actually spoke to coach Fritz, so at least that tells us he's already working the commits.
Today is the last day to speak to recruits. A dead period begins at midnight tonight until mid Jan 2016.
The "dead period" is the most restrictive in recruiting. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Only written and electronic communications are permitted during this time.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Right, that's why it makes sense that he's talking to all of them now.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Is it not possible that some of those decommitting look at the style of play of a coach and come to believe that that style doesn't match their talents and therefore they may not get much playing time?

I have no clue what Fritz told Tulane's new AD about what type of offense he'd run, but he was hired at GaSouthern because they wanted to run the ball and that's what he did. I think they averaged something like 6 forward passes a game.
obviously you have not read the complete thread... I posted his entire coaching career of 19 years at each school...the number of rushing yards and passing yards over the course of his career is almost exactly even !!!...Fritz is not running the triple option at Tulane..it will be the SRO offense...Spread-Read-Option, a variation of which is used at Houston
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:But he also said (and his track record proves) that he'll do whatever's best for his personnel.

Today is the last day to speak to recruits. A dead period begins at midnight tonight until mid Jan 2016.
The "dead period" is the most restrictive in recruiting. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Only written and electronic communications are permitted during this time.
In today's day and age, electronic communications go a long way.

As for the decommits, we don't know the score. I found Hill's statement about talking with Fritz interesting - they might have conversed before, as he's from Georgia; or maybe Fritz wasn't that high on him; or it could be anything.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fritz is a proven great coach. He's won and became bowl eligible with mostly 2 star kids. He'll just need a couple of skilled players to win here with the right scheme. If you look at his recruits coming to GS for 2016 it's mostly 2 stars. Hopefully he can hold onto the 3 stars commits Tulane has in its 2016 class and add a few.
I can understand how some kids decommit with the uncertainty of new coach coming on board.
Tulane Class of 1981